The Last of Us Part II Spoiler Discussion Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I figured Tommy would've been sensible enough to be like we both made it out let's move on or something. Probably the only time in the game I actually didn't like the story

While tommy kind of pissed me off in that moment...I made me dislike the character, not so much the story/writing. I felt like it was believable, he lost his only surviving family, a guy he looked up to his whole life. Thats after being separated from him for so long also. His obsession probably explains why his wife left him also, he been living the entire time since Seattle looking for Abby.

He was too far gone at that point.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Yeah, my opinion is the same regarding ghost as it is for HZD2. They built a GREAT foundation with a lot of dope ass ideas and gameplay mechanics. I just think their sequels can do a lot to push them over that end from being good to goat tier

My biggest problem with Ghsot was the enemy AI that were just far too stupid for a stealth game
Horizon is only looks like that in hindsight imo. Ghosts came later biting what assassin's Creed did years earlier.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Any of y'all feel any difference controller wise? I remember reading they updated for the adaptive triggers last year, but I ain't noticed shyt. And outside of cutscenes, the rumbling has been faint for me.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Horizon is only looks like that in hindsight imo. Ghosts came later biting what assassin's Creed did years earlier.
Ghost didn't really bite anything from Ass Creed. It's a third person game with sword fighting and assassination mechanics. That's a genre not an assassins creed clone. be like saying the Witcher is a mass effect clone because of dialog tree convos and multiple endings.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Man, I had never played past the auditorium fight until now, I really dislike Ellie for choosing to fight after she found Abbey strung up on that pole. It would have been the perfect moment to let it go and let Abby and Lev leave, would've been a profound moment.

When that theme starts to play when Ellie says, “I can’t let you leave” And abby pauses from untying the boat....:lupe:

It’s a good thing abby Lesner wasn’t in fighting form, it would have been ugly.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I had never played past the auditorium fight until now, I really dislike Ellie for choosing to fight after she found Abbey strung up on that pole. It would have been the perfect moment to let it go and let Abby and Lev leave, would've been a profound moment.

I haven’t got round to replaying this on PS5 yet, but honestly...my thoughts on the ending and what should or shouldn’t have happened change whenever I think about it, gotta give em props for
Not going the safe route and making everything morally grey

when I first completed it, my initial thought was, why go all that way for nothing, shoulda killed her..

over time it always made more sense that she let her live after everything

Other times I think, would it of hit harder if she gave up her family and went all that way just to find Abby already dead hanging from the pole

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spent a lot of time playing Odessy, the only "monster" I saw was turned out to be a guy in a mask. :hubie:
Tbf I was fighting mythical Egyptian gods in the origins dlc..if you wanna count that, but I guess you don’t count the demons in GOT :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Tbf I was fighting mythical Egyptian gods in the origins dlc..if you wanna count that, but I guess you don’t count the demons in GOT :yeshrug:
Those weren't storybased though. thats just online stuff. The latest Assassins creed has me fighting alongside norse gods and frost giants

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Luke Cage TLOU with no infected/Clickers :patrice:

yeah I don’t know about that breh, not so much in the second game because the infection kinda took a backseat to other humans (The walking dead effect) but the whole idea of the origins of the infection with the fungus and how they mutate was real fresh and actually based on an actual disease, it worked a lot and created another dynamic to the gameplay rather than every arena just being a shootout between other people

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Ghost didn't really bite anything from Ass Creed. It's a third person game with sword fighting and assassination mechanics. That's a genre not an assassins creed clone. be like saying the Witcher is a mass effect clone because of dialog tree convos and multiple endings.
Off the top of my head, taking over enemy bases, collecting resources, the weapons, perfect counters, climbing the lighthouses.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea she showed these fools, specially ellie mercy twice.....u dont get that too often smh.......imo no real bad or good guy honestly

this is why i dont get the hate around the story.

joel was not a good person. did he have redeeming qualities? sure. but he was not a good person. he didn't save ellie for her sake, he did it for himself because he was a selfish, regretful monster who couldn't let go of his daughter's memory. then he doubled down and said he'd forsake the chance at a cure and do it again, knowing how ellie felt about it.

the choices ellie and abby make, choices that move them away from the types of lives joel and tommy and eugene and issaac led (and wanted them to lead), is why i love the story so much.

personally, i was glad that the game didn't romanticize who joel was. no one in this game deserves that type of treatment, because they're all monsters in their own way.

ellie says it herself: there were a LOT of people who would have wanted to take joel out like that. we saw it ourselves in part i. so why was there an uproar when it actually happened?