The Last of Us Part II Spoiler Discussion Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What other game out is like it? I feel like there are million games like Tsushima, or FF7r, or Gears, AC, etc, but there;s really not many games like TLOU

It’s one of a kind, high quality experience that can’t be matched imo. Once in a generation game
I disagree with bold. My main complaint all these these years is we never got a real samurai game set in fuedal japan. We plenty of dudes in samurai armor fighting ghosts and goblins in narnia type shyt, but straight historical japan. Zombies though, we get like 3 or 4 zombie games a year. Didn't day's gone come out like right before last of us? imo last of us wouldn't been better as just a straight post apocalyptical game. adding the clickers and zombie aspect was unnecessary

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
nikkas say that because most people didn't even realize what was going on. I didn't realize Lev was trans until someone pointed it out to me :russ:

Meanwhile I was waiting the entire game for abby to be trans and she out here catching dikk (Owen is :dame: off gp)

Yea i was confused because to me she looked like a girl,facially but folks kept saying he lol.eventually it was explained how she was assigned her gender,am like nikka:gucci: she is a girl she was born with a vajayjay

Get this babylonian,binary non binary, pansexual and anything i wanna be nonsense...ten years ago this shyt dont fly, but folks just letting anythi g slide nowadays..as long as the game is good,the vicious violence and propanga is ok...

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
8/10 final score game, nice story..but idk why we had to use abby in the last fight for.

nikkas tryna tell me lgbt crap aint in it but lev is a trans boy lol ok..the only happy couple at the end,and i use the word happy losely , is the lesbo one lol....in any case good game,good gameplay upgrades but missing that epicness.

And joel dying:yeshrug:i thought he was gonna die in 1st game:russ:..no true villain in my eyes everybody wrong....

Abby may not be a tran y but:hhh: at any normal dude finding a broly chick like that attractive

Idk how this is of the year or best game ever to be honest....
:patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I disagree with bold. My main complaint all these these years is we never got a real samurai game set in fuedal japan. We plenty of dudes in samurai armor fighting ghosts and goblins in narnia type shyt, but straight historical japan. Zombies though, we get like 3 or 4 zombie games a year. Didn't day's gone come out like right before last of us? imo last of us wouldn't been better as just a straight post apocalyptical game. adding the clickers and zombie aspect was unnecessary

I didn’t mean thematically. The two areas ghost excels in for me is presentation, if you love Kurosawa movies this game 100% nails that shyt. I love a good samurai movie, this was the main draw of it for me.

Also the sword play and weighty ness of it was 10/10. I just think it suffers from a lot of the same shyt other open world games end up suffering from. It’s just spread way too thin speciallly by the halfway point. I started getting crazy dejavu while played in during the last 3rd of the game.

I love the fact that TLOU had its open areas but it was still more of a linear experience. It doesn’t have a lot of filler, feels like a complete and concise narrative expereince with really good unique gameplay. I remember the first time i heard someone choke on their blood and another person like “THEY KILLED FRANK:damn:” I knew game was LIT

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
If you're talking strictly the samurai aspect, maybe. But ghosts was literally assassin's creed: samurai.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you're talking strictly the samurai aspect, maybe. But ghosts was literally assassin's creed: samurai.

Yeah, Jin himself was kind of meh, i didn’t care when homie got his head cut off, i didn’t care for the subtle hints at a romantic subplot etc. I just wasn’t highly invested in the characters as much as i was the overall plot.

TLOU2 had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It was a rollercoaster, I hated joel for destroying the cure in the first game, i hated ellie for being a whiny bytch, i hated abby for killing joel, i hated all her comrades for protecting her, i hated abby trying to kill ellie, i hated ellie and tommy for not giving up on trying to kill abby, i hated liv for running away, i hated their mother for rejecting them, i hated both factions....etc

I hated and liked every characters (almost) at some point in the story, and the way a lot of them ended up getting killed was brutal. This was more than a game for me, the way it was written seemed like a whole other level of story telling that you dont get in movies or games.

It’s probably why TLOU2 is hard to replay for me because its such an intense game.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That's exactly what i am talking about. because assassin creed is basically a generic swords and sorcery title especially now that they have fully embraced the fantasy aspect and started including monsters. all they need is elves and it'll be Lord of the rings creed.
I had been waiting for an Assassins' creed game without all the fantasy elements for years, and never got one. until ghosts.
Not that i don't like sci fi, Starswars, Mass Effect work for me. But i wanted each of my favorite movie genres represented in games. I got the westerns, got the gangster ones, got the spaceship ones, got the martial arts, got the superheroes etc. but like poster above you said. never got that classic samurai movie game.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
That's exactly what i am talking about. because assassin creed is basically a generic swords and sorcery title especially now that they have fully embraced the fantasy aspect and started including monsters. all they need is elves and it'll be Lord of the rings creed.
I had been waiting for an Assassins' creed game without all the fantasy elements for years, and never got one. until ghosts.
Not that i don't like sci fi, Starswars, Mass Effect work for me. But i wanted each of my favorite movie genres represented in games. I got the westerns, got the gangster ones, got the spaceship ones, got the martial arts, got the superheroes etc. but like poster above you said. never got that classic samurai movie game.
:mjtf: There's ain't no monsters or sorcery in assassin's Creed. What the hell you talking about?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It made me dislike Tommy and Ellie for going after Abby after she had them both dead to rights and let them go. Especially Tommy coming to the farm and guilting Ellie to go to Cali. Like stfu, old man

Tommy def should have stopped after he got his wig split. Guilting Ellie made me dislike him even though he was pretty badass throughout the rest of the game