'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
And that's the problem. You can't conclude for Ellie anything period, which is a wrong that both the Fireflies and Joel have committed.
Only one of those ppl was about to take her life away while at the same time not giving her the chance to voice an opinion on it. It wasnt Joel.
You can't say Joel is wrong for taking away Ellie's choice to sacrifice herself, when that isnt what happened in the show.
She was basically kidnapped and put on a surgery table with no consent at all.

Edit: Again i say, Joel is wrong for not telling her the truth. But we are viewing how all this shyt at the hospital played out totally different when it comes to Joel killing everyone.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is why i fukk with naughty goat

fukk yall feelings
full
He care. He’s gonna stand on it, as he should. But we saw how he and his team were all over twitter, every major gaming publication responding furiously to criticisms. He was double talking with the “everyone can have an opinion and that’s great about what we’ve done” when he was getting praised but when folks was on they ass about things dude was on every platform-

programming-crazy.gif

If he didn’t care he wouldn’t have been still talking about some people not liking it well over a year later when TLOU2 had already came and went.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Those of you who are saying that we can't conclude based on the show that Ellie would have sacrificed herself are wrong.

Why do you think they added the flashback scenes with Ellie's mother at the beginning? (which wasn't in the game). Ellie is clearly traumatized by all of the horrific sh!t that she has had to go through her entire life SINCE BIRTH.

Ellie has survivor's guilt. Everyone in her life that she has loved or was close to has either died or left her (she says this in episode 6). Her mother, Riley, Tess, Sam & Henry (particularly Sam). All of them are dead and yet she is still alive. That's why she stops Joel and mentions their names at the end (except her mother because she didn't know her) and finally opens up about the fact that she had to kill Riley.

Ellie feels as though she is the lucky one. But there is a small silver lining in all of this for Ellie - she's immune and she's potentially the key to the cure (even if the creation of a cure is dubious at best). She can potentially save all of the Rileys of the world, the Sams of the world and so on. If she has to die for this to potentially happen, Ellie would choose to end her life in a heartbeat (her attachment with Joel notwithstanding).

That brings up the dilemma. Neither Marlene or Joel gave her a choice in the matter and that's because they were afraid. Marlene was afraid of a no from Ellie and Joel was afraid of a yes. Joel goes into J. Wick mode at the hospital and then lies to her about it. Deep down he knows that Ellie would've sacrificed herself but Joel was never going to let that happen because he sees Ellie as his daughter - and he wasn't going to lose her like he did with Sarah.

But that opens up a can of worms that will lead into the second season. Joel killed all of those Fireflies (except the 2 nurses) but they all had families of their own. How do you think those family members feel about what Joel did? Some of those Firefly family members will want revenge against Joel and they are just as "justified" for feeling that way (as Joel felt with Ellie at the hospital). Why does Joel think that he should live a life of relative peace and happiness when he took that away from others? It's a never-ending cycle.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He care. He’s gonna stand on it, as he should. But we saw how he and his team were all over twitter, every major gaming publication responding furiously to criticisms. He was double talking with the “everyone can have an opinion and that’s great about what we’ve done” when he was getting praised but when folks was on they ass about things dude was on every platform-

programming-crazy.gif

If he didn’t care he wouldn’t have been still talking about some people not liking it well over a year later when TLOU2 had already came and went.

You acting like its jjust normal criticisms they was dealing with. They got whole reddits dedicated to that game and this man, harassment like you’ve never seen.

Its one thing to not like a game but these cacs took it (and they still leaving 0 ratings on metacritic as of today) to the extreme.

Superstar
Daps
Those of you who are saying that we can't conclude based on the show that Ellie would have sacrificed herself are wrong.

Why do you think they added the flashback scenes with Ellie's mother at the beginning? (which wasn't in the game). Ellie is clearly traumatized by all of the horrific sh!t that she has had to go through her entire life SINCE BIRTH.

Ellie has survivor's guilt. Everyone in her life that she has loved or was close to has either died or left her (she says this in episode 6). Her mother, Riley, Tess, Sam & Henry (particularly Sam). All of them are dead and yet she is still alive. That's why she stops Joel and mentions their names at the end (except her mother because she didn't know her) and finally opens up about the fact that she had to kill Riley.

Ellie feels as though she is the lucky one. But there is a small silver lining in all of this for Ellie - she's immune and she's potentially the key to the cure (even if the creation of a cure is dubious at best). She can potentially save all of the Rileys of the world, the Sams of the world and so on. If she has to die for this to potentially happen, Ellie would choose to end her life in a heartbeat (her attachment with Joel notwithstanding).

That brings up the dilemma. Neither Marlene or Joel gave her a choice in the matter and that's because they were afraid. Marlene was afraid of a no from Ellie and Joel was afraid of a yes. Joel goes into J. Wick mode at the hospital and then lies to her about it. Deep down he knows that Ellie would've sacrificed herself but Joel was never going to let that happen because he sees Ellie as his daughter - and he wasn't going to lose her like he did with Sarah.

But that opens up a can of worms that will lead into the second season. Joel killed all of those Fireflies (except the 2 nurses) but they all had families of their own. How do you think those family members feel about what Joel did? Some of those Firefly family members will want revenge against Joel and they are just as "justified" for feeling that way (as Joel felt with Ellie at the hospital). Why does Joel think that he should live a life of relative peace and happiness when he took that away from others? It's a never-ending cycle.

You’re basically repeating the stories of both games. It’s already been explored, that’s part of why everybody loves it… Except those still complaining about part 2 because it involves their pretend daddy in a way they don’t like.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You acting like its jjust normal criticisms they was dealing with. They got whole reddits dedicated to that game and this man, harassment like you’ve never seen.

Its one thing to not like a game but these cacs took it (and they still leaving 0 ratings on metacritic as of today) to the extreme.
Nothing about online creative criticism is “like you’ve never seen”. No Man’s Sky and Anthem got even worse criticisms than TLOU2. His team was just thin skinned and expected universal praise no matter what the content was going to be. When there was pushback, they got defensive. That’s all there is to it. The creative is a financial success and overall a general critical success. Buddy still tight over not getting the Jesus treatment. Even that response is overly defensive. That shyt was all most 3yrs ago and he still aggy.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

dudes just want an excuse to let everyone know at every turn that they played TLOU2 and know what’s gonna happen…it’s like that annoying kid who has to let everyone know HE KNOWS the answer…so he raises his hand, jumps in his seat and just ends up blurting out the answer lmao smh

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Bella Ramsey Is 100% Confirmed To Star In ‘The Last Of Us’ Next Season

960x0.jpg

I was hoping for a recast with a Ellie that would actually look like an older ellie.... This girls down syndrome face bothers me but.... :yeshrug:

Off topic... If it hasn't been said already.... TLOU2 >>>>> THOU1 gameplay.... :umad:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We can agree to disagree. I’m cool with that.

He is right tho, TLOU2 sub will shyt on that man, his family and his existence just for posting what he ate for breakfast because his story hurt their feelings, if my game still got all that critical and commercial success but I still had a minority of gamers throwing insults in my dm’s every time I opened my mouth I’d say fukk em too

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Imma just say, the season 2/3 threads are gonna be mad entertaining lol
Basically it’s going to be all like:

*Some nikka that could have just played the game: :mjcry::damn: So WhAt I DiDnT PlAy! I HaVe An OpInIoN TEeEwWWwW.. Stawp spoiling it even though I’ve had years to play or read about thissssss! WhaaAAAaaaaaAaAaAAaaaa!!!!

Last edited: