'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

shonuff

All Star
Daps
FinishedUnitedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
One hundred percent that WWZ movie was the hottest of hot gobbagejuice

The books and audio book(s) hundred times better

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
3. I very much disagree with that. He doesn't know that at all. I know you want the discussion to be restricted to the show, and I think it's interesting that they made the waters muddier perhaps to make the ending more ambiguous than it was in the game... But even considering the TV show only, you can't conclude that Ellie wouldn't want to sacrifice herself, which is a very different question from her wanting to live.
We can't conclude from the TV Show only, that Ellie wants to sacrifice her life for the cure.
Cool that you would sacrifice yourself for a %1 chance if you were given the option. Unlike your scenario, Ellie wasnt given that option.

She's still not a child soldier at this point?

I'm two posts away from pulling the :mjpls: card on yall. Precious Ellie is no child soldier but Riley is a terrorist and Marlene as well huh :mjpls:

I'm just playing
full
Nope she still not and I dont consider Riley a child soldier either. We not gonna agree on this :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Season was dope…some filler but overall dope. Really grew to enjoy Joel and Ellie’s relationship. Always thought Joel was a dope character.

Nothing is perfect and the days of a non-pandering show a la The Sopranos is done. Even the Sopranos movie Had to sway majorly from the story and include a whole meaningless storyline.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If you can't deal with political pandering then the Last of Us just isn't for you....or HBO...or Hollywoodf or that matter.
It's certainly not going to go away in this series.
At least it was done with some thought and effort here....that often isnt the case (see the MCU).
No one cares about them pandering nikka. You posting like you said some shyt. Everyone that made this show remotely possible, TLOU fans, are aware of the the gay characters and no one gives a fukk about them being gay. We’ve all known Bill was gay and Ellie is literally the most beloved character and she’s gay. When y’all say that goofy shyt whenever someone is critical of the something, you sound like a whole fakkit.

No one cares about them being gay. Jesus fukking Christ.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
No one cares about them pandering nikka. You posting like you said some shyt. Everyone that made this show remotely possible, TLOU fans, are aware of the the gay characters and no one gives a fukk about them being gay. We’ve all known Bill was gay and Ellie is literally the most beloved character and she’s gay. When y’all say that goofy shyt whenever someone is critical of the something, you sound like a whole fakkit.

No one cares about them being gay. Jesus fukking Christ.
Your temper tantrum is misdirected.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Where’s that fukk face that was claiming they would have to change season 2 cuz his crybaby ass didn’t like it
:umad:

ANYONE ELSE ON THAT WAVE GET READY TO CRY YA HEARTS OUT
BAHAHAHAHAHAH:russ:

These nikkas about to win so many awards and make so much money. nikkas complaining about to be furious next year. They have no incentive to change anything. That’s like Jordan listening to the nikkas in the nosebleeds complaining he only went for 35 instead of 40 en route to another MVP and championship :mjlol:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
We can't conclude from the TV Show only, that Ellie wants to sacrifice her life for the cure.
Cool that you would sacrifice yourself for a %1 chance if you were given the option. Unlike your scenario, Ellie wasnt given that option.
And that's the problem. You can't conclude for Ellie anything period, which is a wrong that both the Fireflies and Joel have committed.
Nope she still not and I dont consider Riley a child soldier either. We not gonna agree on this :manny:
I don't see why the hang-up on that specific part but agree to disagree :ehh:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
yeah season 2 gonna be WILD. :mjlol:
He care. They made a whole thing bytching and crying about how folks weren’t fukking with TLOU2 writing. They will do what they want because the bag is secured but he just saving face like a nikka saying “you ugly as hell an anyway” to a bytch he just tried to holler at.
:mjlol:

Superstar
Daps
I’m not implying that the Fireflies weren’t “Justified” in their initial thinking. BOTH sides failed to give Ellie the full truth of that we agree. I just side with Joel’s reasons over Marlene and the Fireflies.

And Marlene was absolutely INSANE if she thought Joel, even if Ellie woke up and said “Take me to the nearest firefly camp and let them remove my brain in the name of SCIENCE!” Would ACTUALLY have done so. Thats why I think the scene itself should have played out differently. The series didn’t do enough to establish any type of real relationship or understanding between Joel and Marlene where her pleading would have meant anything to him. The episode actually makes Marlene come off worse morally than Joel as Marlene knew Ellie as a newborn and basically abandoned her with the same “oppressive” government that both her and presumably her mother were fighting against. Marlene came off like a villain.

This is true. This makes it even more inexcusable to not have an episode that focuses on Marlene.

I can understand where you’re coming from, if it was a story about all the characters of TLOU. It isn’t though, even the game was a story about Joel and Ellie becoming an improbable family (only improbable at the beginning of their journey).

It was never about Marlene, the fireflies, or the infected. They’re all just obstacles. There’s no wiggle room in the story, it just is what it is. We aren’t meant to find a right or wrong, just meant to witness the story of those two from start to the eventual finish; until it became a new story.

A Marlene episode would just be bloat. She made her request and was killed because she’s an obstacle. Also because everyone is as capable of being good as they are being a monster, depending on what they want.

The whole point of the stories, in both games, is that it is what it is with no room for further interpretation unless it’s our imagination. The player is a witness, that’s why there’s no choice.