'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
1. Chill with the spoilers
2. You’re one a those who think the game failed just cos you personally didn’t like it, delusional lol
1. What spoilers? Tiger Woods was in part 2?
2. Quote where I have ever said or implied part 2 failed...All I ever said was it wasn't as good as part 1 and it isn't...

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Buckle up, we really going to war next season (again)
full
I'm a veteran of part 1 discussions but part 2 :sadcam: yall got this

Everybody and their mama about to become professional writers again

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Well there's a contradiction there. If he indeed

and lies to ensure this happens, then for all intents and purposes, he robs her of that choice forever, in full knowledge of the cause.

Are you saying that he purposefully left the nurses alive to tell the tale or spared them because they're were no threat and he achieved his objective already, getting to Ellie?

Because if you say the first part, that contradicts the first statement I quoted.
If you say the second part, then that just means he was sloppy, and doesn't change him trying knowingly to take away her choice forever.
I honestly dont know what your going on about. You are lumping everything into one action with the goal of keeping it a secret from Ellie, I dont view it that way. It's two separate things, the killings and the lie.

He killed the soldiers and stuff to save Ellie. He killed the doctor because he was coming at him with a knife. The nurses werent killed because they werent a threat.

As far as the lie he told to Ellie
Because he doesnt want her to go thru with the procedure and die. He wants her to drop the issue and go bout enjoying her life. He said earlier "A child shouldnt have to learn to do all that/go thru that" when she stabbed the dude.
He's not "taking her choice forever" because she can still find out the truth since he left ppl alive. The FF are still active and they probably still have cells wanting to find a cure. If Joel killed every FF cell in the US, you would have a point about taking her choice forever.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I wish I knew how come they decided to rush this show….overall I felt like the show was decent, but rushing through the first Last of Us, really does leave the fans of the source material unfulfilled.

Btw the show is good

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I honestly dont know what your going on about. You are lumping everything into one action with the goal of keeping it a secret from Ellie, I dont view it that way. It's two separate things, the killings and the lie.

He killed the soldiers and stuff to save Ellie. He killed the doctor because he was coming at him with a knife. The nurses werent killed because they werent a threat.

As far as the lie he told to Ellie

He's not "taking her choice forever" because she can still find out the truth since he left ppl alive. The FF are still active and they probably still have cells wanting to find a cure. If Joel killed every FF cell in the US, you would have a point about taking her choice forever.
No, if you read my previous few posts carefully you'll see that even though I don't see any point in separating the actions in the hospital from the lies that follow,
(because the effect of both parts is taking away Ellie's choice from her. And they have the same bottomline aim, which is
He doesnt want her to go thru with the procedure and die. He wants her to drop the issue and go bout enjoying her life.
Because he loves her and she's his reason to live now)
it's not about the killings. You can forget the killings and my point still stands the exact same.

I'm saying that by lying he takes away her choice away forever. The nurses that survived and might maybe perhaps quizás one day tell it in a way that'll reach Ellie all the way back in Jackson don't matter in this equation because it wasn't Joel's goal. His goal was the one you said, and he lied to make sure that happened, meaning he tried to take her choice away forever, and succeeded as far as we know at the end of the show. The survivors don't matter because they didn't inform his intent by your own admission.

My line of reasoning isn't even out of the box, it's a pretty standard and straightforward reading of both the show and the game. I don't personally see a point in continuing to discuss that part, I'm good.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

Where’s that fukk face that was claiming they would have to change season 2 cuz his crybaby ass didn’t like it
:umad:

ANYONE ELSE ON THAT WAVE GET READY TO CRY YA HEARTS OUT
BAHAHAHAHAHAH:russ:

we already knows he doesn't care, the story played out just like that.
Part 2's story was a complete shyt show