'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love how they roasted peoole having all the freshest kicks but dont wash their ass. I know nikkas waiting in line for Js that cant be bothered to shower. Wearing 3 day old draws but got the Jordan releases memorized :russ:. Amazing episode though. Perfectly done and will make the finale hit much harder

Daps
Reppin
St louis
The Episode was crack!!!!!!
Dope how they flesh out the characters.
Beautifully shot and acted out.
UKVu0t8.gif

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
This show has been mediocre but it’s done good job keeping me coming back for whatever reason.

The thing I enjoy the most about the show so far is how they get shots to look video game like with how things reflect off of the characters etc.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
was too tired to watch this last night…will catch up today…curious to know if folks enjoyed the ep or not tho

shonuff

All Star
Daps
One thing I never quite understood from both the game and the show…exactly when/what causes infected to be stuck to the wall and floor surrounded by fungus?

I saw a lot of people say when infected are near death the fungus has them stick to some surface and begin spreading (not sure how without spores)..but clearly with this episode that infected dude was chilling until he heard them.

In the game whenever you see the fungus you know there’s stalkers/clickers/bloaters nearby which led me to believe that it was part of the transformation..
in the second episode, they quite clearly told you that the fungus tendrils are a network - its a way of extending the perception of the infected to be in places that they arent- ie you could step on a fungus branch in one place but wake up infected dozens or even hundreds of yards away to come to your location.

someone already posted the whole thing about how cordyceps in ants motivate them to move higher as possible before the ant dies in order to allow for the maximum amount of area to be spread by the spores ( they can be caught by the wind and fall over a greater area thus increasing the likelihood of infecting another ( several more) ants

this fungus likes to be in enclosed deep dark places ( like basements and cellars ) its attaching itself to the wall makes sense since we are upright creatures so we are likely to touch or bump into the remnants of the fungus to be transmittable. people complained that ellie and joel were walking around in the woods without a lot of care because the infected dont like to be in the sun or the day ( the episode where you saw all of the infected that couldnt hide in the buildings and had to lay on the street and even though they were dormant they reacted and tried to hide from the rays of the sun when it passed over them )

so you can walk around in the daytime esp in a rural area ( or the woods ) without much care to run into the infected - the main danger you faced was from roving predatory bands of humans...

lastly - its a real thing where TV shows and movies have to not be too layered because the popular audience is really used to very simple stories that dont veer off the main narrative. the movie Idiocracy ( which is almost like a documentary ) makes fun of this with the show "ow you kicked by balls! " which is nothing but a guy getting kicked in the balls but people watch it and its the number one show because peoples attention span is so low ( along with their intelligence ) that they think they are seeing something new each time and wonder how the skit will end ...when it ends the same way every time with the guy getting kicked in the balls

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
One thing I never quite understood from both the game and the show…exactly when/what causes infected to be stuck to the wall and floor surrounded by fungus?

I saw a lot of people say when infected are near death the fungus has them stick to some surface and begin spreading (not sure how without spores)..but clearly with this episode that infected dude was chilling until he heard them.

In the game whenever you see the fungus you know there’s stalkers/clickers/bloaters nearby which led me to believe that it was part of the transformation..
That's a trait of the real-life fungus. When the fungus takes over an insect's body, it makes the bug attach itself to a plant or some other surface.