'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I never played the game and know nothing about it but watched this show cause of hype.....

An post apocalyptic show on HBO!? :gladbron: It was :krs: when I realized it was gonna be THAT type of show :banderas:

Its only the 1st episode and it was good, but not 9.4/10 on IMDB good :what: I'd say it was 8.2/10 IMO.
How could they win your extra 1.2 breh

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They really showed out in this premiere :ehh: Have yet to play the game (it's somewhere in my bookcase) but I definitely will check it out.

Also did they film this in Canada? The actor who plays Robert has been acting since he was a kid, good to see he's still active. Little Criminals though :wow:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Sooo, I watched it and since this is a no spoilers thread I can't go in depth why but I gave it a 6.5 out of 10. It feels like something I've seen so many times before? The Road immediately came to mind. 25th hour. 27 Days Later. It's a pretty well established genre at this point. Sad dad? I dunno maybe I've been spoiled by Harper and Eleven's chemistry in Stranger Things but it didn't grab me. We'll see how things develop but next Game of Thrones is pretty lofty ambitions.

HBO's walking dead should prove plenty popular enough combined with the built in audience from the game itself.

We'll round that 6.5 up to 7. I thought the first half was really well done with the camera shots (not as good as Children of Men) but a pretty tight claustrophobic ride that didn't turn away.

7/10.

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
from a non-gamer perspective this show broke no ground whatsoever. i'm just watching b/c the collective world is sucking its dikk and i imagine it's gonna sway far from what it seems like, another miserable dystopian zombie-adjacent story about people roughing it through chaos to reach some kind of safe zone. it's well made obviously, and the guys behind it get my benefit of the doubt for making arguably the best tv of the decade in Chernobyl.
Tight

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Ellie liked that violence, she and Sarah are not built the same.

We’ll find out more next season :youngsabo:

Of course they ain’t built the same. Sarah grew up in the regular world, Ellie was born into that violence.

Can’t wait to see the interaction between Ellie and Bill. shyt was hilarious.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I Thought the pilot was just alright.

I’m really interested in how they do the survivors notes because that’s either going to make or break this show.

Survivors notes and everything that follows is what really pulls you in. That’s what really made last of us special and separated it from all the other post apocalyptic games imo.
I don’t think survivor notes are gonna make or break the show lol but I do agree that they were great in both games. Some really dope writing squeezed in in such a simple way.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve lost interest in this Bray/Alexa/Uncle Howdy shyt. It’s progressing the story slower than Walking Dead did.
200w.gif

Superstar
Daps
Y’all gotta stop being so defensive and let people have they critics lol

:manny:
Not being defensive, but this is mostly nitpicking. It sounds like hoes at a nail salon watching nikkas walk by like “he cute, but he 5’11” lol. It’s pretty much the game on screen, in an episodic format, just like they said it would be, just how what we asked for. I don’t understand what people were expecting.