'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Watched the first episode and it was good enough for me to look forward to the next episode. I didn't play the game so I have no references or expectations on how characters should look. Why are people complaining about the actress playing the girl? She was good in her small role in GOT.

She stole the scene in one of the best scenes of the show

I was good being ugly in mid-evil Europe. They all was misty dirty, looked in bread.

lil bytch look like a thumb :dead:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
That’s when you see the show is lit
People ain’t got nothing else to say but jump on the actors/actresses looks for how they make em feel inside

THEY THOUGHT ELLIE WAS FINNA BE LIKE PAWG SHIV(PUN INTENDED) OR JOEL BE THAT PSYCHO BF FROM EUPHORIA
IM fukkING HOWLING :bryan:
HBO we got ANOTHER ONE :wow:
Nah we been calling this bytch ugly since the first time they showed her face :dead:

dfresh

Pro
Daps
I Thought the pilot was just alright.

I’m really interested in how they do the survivors notes because that’s either going to make or break this show.

Survivors notes and everything that follows is what really pulls you in. That’s what really made last of us special and separated it from all the other post apocalyptic games imo.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:bryan: one episode and thread is full of tom foolery. wasnt the vid game version of ellie, now Sir Elliot the transformer?
show seems like it will be fire, they should have more weird faced white people in post apocalyptic shows

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I never played the game and know nothing about it but watched this show cause of hype.....

An post apocalyptic show on HBO!? :gladbron: It was :krs: when I realized it was gonna be THAT type of show :banderas:

Its only the 1st episode and it was good, but not 9.4/10 on IMDB good :what: I'd say it was 8.2/10 IMO.

dfresh

Pro
Daps
Also the casting for this show across the board is just…off. Especially Tommy and Tess

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Watched the first episode and it was good enough for me to look forward to the next episode. I didn't play the game so I have no references or expectations on how characters should look. Why are people complaining about the actress playing the girl? She was good in her small role in GOT.

She stole the scene in one of the best scenes of the show

She didn’t “steal the scene” and that wasn’t “one of the best scenes of the show”. Y’all are confusing her character being a catalyst to a pivotal moment as a pivotal performance. If you like the girl then just appreciate the work. Y’all sounding like fanatics. It’s weird.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Also the casting for this show across the board is just…off. Especially Tommy and Tess
Anna Torv is a human block of wood. was on Fringe. Was on Mindhunter, and probably will be on this.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
why should i care if a teenager is 'attractive'? Some of u need to explain that one.. :sas1:

I will. This is basic human psychology. There's a reason why most famous actors and actress are at least moderately pleasing to look at.

I remember reading about a study where they had a beautiful woman carrying bags through a crowded mall or something, and she was told to stumble, and drop everything at a certain mark. People would fall over themselves to try to help this attractive person. When they replaced the subject with someone most would consider unattractive, people looked the other way and walked right past.

My point is ... whether we want to admit it or not, most of us are biased in favor of beautiful people. And in the case of a TV horror/drama, it's much easier to get the general population to care about and root for the well-being of a moderately good-looking protagonist.

Now, I never thought of video game Ellie as especially beautiful or hot or cute -- just the average ordinary teen girl. TV Ellie is, quite frankly, odd looking, and audiences care about that stuff. I thought the actress did a great job episode 1, I just hope people don't stop watching because they can't empathize with her, or they don't care about what happens to her.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
That was pretty good. Wonder how much they'll diverge from the source material. So far they're sticking to it almost to a T, to the point that I know I probably won't watch all the rest since I kinda already seen it by playing the game.

Glad they kept the original's music though. Couldn't have done better :wow:

The infamous intro final scene got a tear out of me, just like the game's does every time I watch it, so they already won :wow:

Haven't read the thread but I guess by the last few messages it's all about the casting for Ellie. The actress doesn't look like her but she has her energy down pat. Same for the one playing Sarah, or the one playing Tess. All the performances were good. If yall going in circles about their attractiveness :huhldup: Hollywood might have fukked yall minds up

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I will. This is basic human psychology. There's a reason why most famous actors and actress are at least moderately pleasing to look at.

I remember reading about a study where they had a beautiful woman carrying bags through a crowded mall or something, and she was told to stumble, and drop everything at a certain mark. People would fall over themselves to try to help this attractive person. When they replaced the subject with someone most would consider unattractive, people looked the other way and walked right past.

My point is ... whether we want to admit it or not, most of us are biased in favor of beautiful people. And in the case of a TV horror/drama, it's much easier to get the general population to care about and root for the well-being of a moderately good-looking protagonist.

Now, I never thought of video game Ellie as especially beautiful or hot or cute -- just the average ordinary teen girl. TV Ellie is, quite frankly, odd looking, and audiences care about that stuff. I thought the actress did a great job episode 1, I just hope people don't stop watching because they can't empathize with her, or they don't care about what happens to her.
Yeah, I definitely could see that. Do you think movies and advertisements might have played a role in the public's expectation to see traditionally beautiful people on the screen though?