'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I like this. I'll give the first episode a B+.

One concern i have is, i didn't finish the game but how much is this like The Walking Dead/The 28 Days/Weeks Later series? Is there enough differentiation that audiences unfamiliar with the game won't make comparisons?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I loved this and I’m in for the ride. It’s not a 1:1 retelling and I like that they made a few changes. The soul of the game is still there. Now considering that Bella Ramsey is only 14, it’ll be a minute before she’s old enough for the events of part 2. I wonder if they’ll use the flashbacks from part 2 to make up the events of a season 2 and maybe even 3?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
i'm sure there are plenty of little differences, as a whole it felt like deja vu the entire time. small differences don't go very far in this bleak ass genre for me. shyt, i definitely left the pilot for Station Eleven with more pep in my step. i prefered the man/little girl combo in that pilot better as well. i guess i gotta wait to judge this any further.

Yeah I feel like people are overrating this because the game is so good.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
When I first played the game back in 2013…I’ll admit I wasn’t the biggest fan. My main criticism has always been its derivativeness :manny: . Unlike people like @Gizmo_Duck who probably light a nightly candle at the alter of Druckmann :scust:. I’ve consumed a lot of post apocalyptic shyt so nothing about it blew me away. We’ve seen this type of plot play out countless times, namely with The Road.

That SAID, this is a very faithful and impressive adaptation. The opening def hit a little differently now that I’m a father so, who knows, maybe I’d be more charitable now if I replayed. Imma also eat crow on the casting. Especially Ellie who I felt looked…”special”. She nailed the role. Even Sarah with her limited screen time was very impressive (had no idea that was Thandiwe’s daughter:banderas:).

From the season preview it seems they’re going through the entire first game? At least up until Seattle. Shocked. They could’ve easily made this last for another season. TLOU2 is far superior to me so I ain’t mad at it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta ask someone who hasn't played this game. What make you wanna watch The Last of Us when you haven't played this game?

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
I loved this and I’m in for the ride. It’s not a 1:1 retelling and I like that they made a few changes. The soul of the game is still there. Now considering that Bella Ramsey is only 14, it’ll be a minute before she’s old enough for the events of part 2. I wonder if they’ll use the flashbacks from part 2 to make up the events of a season 2 and maybe even 3?
She's 19

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don’t think she’s 14 bruh

She’s basically an adult at this point. How she looks is how she looks. If she plays adult Ellie, she’s going to look just like this. We are going to have to just deal with it.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I gotta ask someone who hasn't played this game. What make you wanna watch The Last of Us when you haven't played this game?
the people who played the game making it seem like some sacred text that everyone will love. there are tons of video games that seem like they have great storylines, but i don't have the fukkin patience to play videos games. never have.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
After 1 episode.. it has to already be the best video game adaptation. There's a lot of potential out there for video games to be done well.

Neil being there as one of the producers/showrunners ensured it wouldn't be an ass adaptation.

Spyro97

Rookie
Daps
I don’t think she’s 14 bruh

She’s basically an adult at this point. How she looks is how she looks. If she plays adult Ellie, she’s going to look just like this. We are going to have to just deal with it.
She’s 19.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope they keep this going all the way through to part 2 this shyt was amazing. Although I don’t think it will possible to cast Abby without dropping her most notable attribute….not too many diesel young actresses out there :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Neil being there as one of the producers/showrunners ensured it wouldn't be an ass adaptation.

Yes of course and that's why i'm perplexed that

1. producers don't hire creators more often and

2. People are complaining about "integrity" of the game when the creator is heaivly involved.