'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MEI4QZR_o.gif
Man get the fukk outta here :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The infected in this are a lot more of a threat than your typical zombie show. Also, the human element is much more brutal and non-forgiving in TLOU universe. The Walking Dead fell off because the sense of danger got stale. I don't think that'll happen with this show.
I hope. I genuinely believe TLOU has a better story than all the other zombie franchises. Yeah, these aren't zombies persay, but it's in the genre. It has the potential to get oversaturated like the vampire genre and might not get the credentials it deserves because of it.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yes of course and that's why i'm perplexed that

1. producers don't hire creators more often and

2. People are complaining about "integrity" of the game when the creator is heaivly involved.

This, one of the main things that this show, Arcane & Cyberpunk Edgerunners have in common is the fact that the game creators/studio also worked on the show. Edgerunners was written and showran by CDPR's comic person and Arcane was written by the people at Riot Games. It also helped that Craig Mazin went to Neil Druckmann and asked him to work on the show. Halo on the other hand was created by two writers who created mid tv shows and the co-creator of the game said that the tv show isn't anything like the game he created :francis:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything is derivative especially if you’ve been consuming media - books, shows, films, games - your whole life. The chance of you running into something novel are ridiculously low. It’s about characters and execution, two things that TLoU did very well :yeshrug:

If you need the wheel to be reinvented to enjoy something you’re broken and you need to get the fukk out the paint. bytch nikkas.

b-b-but maybe if the zombies had jet packs and shot lazer beams through their eyes and could produce kamehame waves

:stopitslime:

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This was a good adaptation. My only critique would be that the environment and the set design didn't feel real to me. It felt like they were on a studio/warehouse with good CGI for the larger scale shots the entire time. The lighting also could have been a culprit for how this translated for me. I'm probably in the minority, but just giving my 2 cents thus far.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
- the biracial daughter threw me off, not sure why, it wasn’t like it was poor acting or anything….but they gotta chill with forcing that shyt.

Here's a wild thought -- maybe they aren't trying to force some ideology. Maybe, and I know this sounds crazy... but maybe she had the best audition and was the best person for the role? Obviously she killed it, so... is it possible that could be why she got the part?!

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Anyone else feel like the pilot was solid but not like groundbreaking? Very good, enough to keep watching, but sort of generic in how it set things up