'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to appreciate these one episodes a week shows.

One episode a week is a better format for high quality shows as it allows time for them to be digested as well as keeping them on consumer mindshare and popular zeitgeist for longer. It allows for discussion etc and you don’t feel rushed to burn through it just to keep up/be up to date.

I look at it like fast food vs reservation candle lit dinner type thing

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
Damn near everybody in this show so far other than the actress that plays Sarah, and Merle Dandridge who plays Marlene, is hit in the face. Goddamn. :scust:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn near everybody in this show so far other than the actress that plays Sarah, and Merle Dandridge who plays Marlene, is hit in the face. Goddamn. :scust:

You tryna use a post-apocalyptic fungal outbreak show as a dating app or something? You looking for your soulmate here breh?

Last edited:

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:laff:

I can’t unsee this shyt now.

It could be my bias from GoT and her scenes in that, but I thought she was real good as Ellie. Hit all the little mannerisms on the head to me.

She’s seem like a great young actor. Her demeanor comes authentic and not forced whether she’s sulking or happy. I think she’ll kill it.

- the biracial daughter threw me off, not sure why, it wasn’t like it was poor acting or anything….but they gotta chill with forcing that shyt. And it seems likes it’s always a biracial black/white girl. With that said, she killed all her scenes, obviously especially that death scene. :mjcry:

- For some reason, I thought they were gonna make the atmosphere more like The Road, depressing af. But what they did is way better (for this) and seems just like the game.

- shyt kills me when motherfukkers drop weapons that they know damn well they gonna need :mjlol: nikka done heard the news, seen motherfukkas wildin in the streets on his drive back home, seen snakes and worms coming outta people’s mouthes…..and still dropped the wrench. I know grams was his first kill but c’mon dawg lol.

- Only played part 1, one of the best games I ever played, haven’t gotten around to part 2….might put it off til the series is over. We got one brehs. :blessed:

Play Part 2. It's so good. Ignore what the haters say and approach it with an open mind. It's so thrilling. The best game I have personally ever played, and I've been gaming since the genesis and SNES days.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
from a non-gamer perspective this show broke no ground whatsoever. i'm just watching b/c the collective world is sucking its dikk and i imagine it's gonna sway far from what it seems like, another miserable dystopian zombie-adjacent story about people roughing it through chaos to reach some kind of safe zone. it's well made obviously, and the guys behind it get my benefit of the doubt for making arguably the best tv of the decade in Chernobyl.

I see this. The idea of the infected is really scary to me. They're not trying to feed like most zombies; they just want to spread the fungus to as many people as possible. The part where Joel and Tess find that one body plastered onto the wall with the fungi growing out of it was so haunting for me.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I see this. The idea of the infected is really scary to me. They're not trying to feed like most zombies; they just want to spread the fungus to as many people as possible. The part where Joel and Tess find that one body plastered onto the wall with the fungi growing out of it was so haunting for me.
i'm sure there are plenty of little differences, as a whole it felt like deja vu the entire time. small differences don't go very far in this bleak ass genre for me. shyt, i definitely left the pilot for Station Eleven with more pep in my step. i prefered the man/little girl combo in that pilot better as well. i guess i gotta wait to judge this any further.