'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I hope they would keep the island but I could see them cutting out the crane/hotel part
yeah the island will definitely be in the show but that crane part likely gets cut. It would be too unrealistic for the show. They'll have to show her fear of heights another way..

But if I had to take a guess both of those parts are likely season 3

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Right. You can’t say she wasn’t cut out lead when she played a big role in getting rid of Fedra.
Yeh dudes kept saying well how is she in charge ...

It shows either they aren't listening or really paying attention tion becuase several times the people following her say they follow her becuase her brother was the leader

Perry the military guy goes in depth and says her brother was great but he didn't "do" anything and they got rid of FEDRA becuase of her

The subtext that you should have inferred was that her brother protected people but the key thing is he wasn't on some "we have to violently overthow and kill " to be free becuase in a way he knew ppl would go extra and be absolutely savage to everyone that was with FEDRA over the last 20 years ( which would be a lot of ppl ) and by doing that the greater threat of the infected would kill them all

And all that came true - she believed in killing and once her brother was murdered and ppl needed a leader she gave them what they wanted ....blood and revenge .

Problem is exactly what her brother feared came true - ppl lost focus and now their freedom. Is short lived ....well actually they life is over ....becuase the infected once they killed all the rebels ran to the city in force to take over and absorb or kill the population of KC

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The gay love story episode… while fine as a stand-alone, seems to have been a waste of time in the overall scheme of the show
It was a big waste. Media outlets dont want to admit it because of the gay stuff. Like knowing how much Frank and Bill loved each other did nothing for the rest of the show. It'd be different if it was giving background to a character we already met or will continue with in the journey. They were better off using that time fleshing out the KC resistance stuff.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Ep was good

Asked me to suspend my beliefs one too many times the last 20 or so minutes

Not really a sentimental person but hated to see wha happened to Sam

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
As we move along through the series

The gay love story episode… while fine as a stand-alone, seems to have been a waste of time in the overall scheme of the show

They could a chopped that in half and had Ellie and Offerman play off each other, going through the school and grabbing the battery.
There were some of us saying that from the get-go but we got called annoying gamers that weren't accepting it was an adaptation not a 1:1 re-telling. It was pandering bullshyt that did nothing for the overall story.

If they insisted on making that episode, it shoulda been a one-off they released after the season and kept the original story intact.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
It was a big waste. Media outlets dont want to admit it because of the gay stuff. Like knowing how much Frank and Bill loved each other did nothing for the rest of the show. It'd be different if it was giving background to a character we already met or will continue with in the journey. They were better off using that time fleshing out the KC resistance stuff.

I agree with 99.99% of your posts in here. But have to disagree on this one. From listening to the Podcast, they stated the show has a reoccurring theme.

Everything is based around the relationship between 2 people. A protector and the person who needs to be protected.

Protector = Joel, Bill , Henry
Need to be protected = Ellie, Frank, Sam.

The protector is always on Edge, rather be isolated from the world, Ready to Kill for the person they are protecting.

The ones who need to be protected continue to act like the world is the same( want to make friends, paint the neighborhood, Gardening ,paint cartoon characters etc ).

And the ones who need to be protected help break down the wall the protectors put up.

When Sam died, Henry killed himself.

When Frank was dying, Bill wanted to kill himself right along with him.

Trust me, I didn't enjoy the gay stuff either. But episode 3 fell in line with the rest of the show.

This was probably the best breakdown of Episode 3 and I can see why it was highly rated.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I agree with 99.99% of your posts in here. But have to disagree on this one. From listening to the Podcast, they stated the show has a reoccurring theme.

Everything is based around the relationship between 2 people. A protector and the person who needs to be protected.

Protector = Joel, Bill , Henry
Need to be protected = Ellie, Frank, Sam.

The protector is always on Edge, rather be isolated from the world, Ready to Kill for the person they are protecting.

The ones who need to be protected continue to act like the world is the same( want to make friends, paint the neighborhood, Gardening ,paint cartoon characters etc ).

And the ones who need to be protected help break down the wall the protectors put up.

Trust me, I didn't enjoy the gay stuff either. But episode 3 fell in line with the rest of the show.

When Sam died, Henry killed himself.

When Frank was dying, Bill wanted to kill himself right along with him.

This was probably the best breakdown of Episode 3 and I can see why it was highly rated.

Explain why Frank and Bill, two characters irrelevant to the overall story, got an entire episode dedicated to them but not Sam and Henry? Why not Joel and Tess with their backstory? Why not Marlene and her rise?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Explain why Frank and Bill, two characters irrelevant to the overall story, got an entire episode dedicated to them but not Sam and Henry? Why not Joel and Tess with their backstory? Why not Marlene and her rise?

Breh, if you want to say because of the Gay agenda. Cool. I'm not even arguing that. I'm just saying Esp 3 was a good episode.

and Irrelevant to what story? It was the creators idea. Video Game adaptations suck because they either try to do a 1:1 conversion or they go way off the path of the game.

This show is good because they found a balance between Story Telling and still trying to stick to the game. Ya'll really wanted to see them run around a High School looking for a battery, killing the infected and then the next episode they are fighting the resistance? I would say episode 5 was great because we haven't seen the infected that much.

Listen to the Podcast, they say why they had to change things and it's because playing a video game and watching a show are 2 different experiences.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Breh, if you want to say because of the Gay agenda. Cool. I'm not even arguing that. I'm just saying Esp 3 was a good episode.

and Irrelevant to what story? It was the creators idea. Video Game adaptations suck because they either try to do a 1:1 conversion or they go way off the path of the game.

This show is good because they found a balance between Story Telling and still trying to stick to the game. Ya'll really wanted to see them run around a High School looking for a battery, killing the infected and then the next episode they are fighting the resistance? I would say episode 5 was great because we haven't seen the infected that much.

Listen to the Podcast, they say why they had to change things and it's because playing a video game and watching a show are 2 different experiences.
No one's saying Joel should be mowing down hordes and scavenging crafting materials for 45 minutes every week.

My main gripe with the show is the tone is different. Soft isn't the right word but the world feels lighter versus the bleak, raw hopelessness/ruthlessness of the game. There is an overall lack of tension and it began with the Bill and Frank episode.

They eliminated all the tension between Joel and Ellie too. It took a long time for Joel to really embrace her in the game and now it's already a given that they're inseparable. I don't care what anyone says, the writing is weaker in the series.

Compare what was Ellie's first kill in the game compared to what we got on the show where she paralyzed the guy and the aftermath:

^^^^No one's gonna tell me what we got in the show hits harder than that.

The show overall is a tamed down version of the game. It isn't a bad show just a little disappointing to me, personally. The story from the game really was flawless and didn't need to be changed.

With how their relationship has progressed in the show and the way they softened up Joel, I can't imagine this being in the show:

It would feel out of place based on what's happened up to this point. That scene hit like a truck^^^

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No one's saying Joel should be mowing down hordes and scavenging crafting materials for 45 minutes every week.

My main gripe with the show is the tone is different. Soft isn't the right word but the world feels lighter versus the bleak, raw hopelessness/ruthlessness of the game. There is an overall lack of tension and it began with the Bill and Frank episode.

They eliminated all the tension between Joel and Ellie too. It took a long time for Joel to really embrace her in the game and now it's already a given that they're inseparable. I don't care what anyone says, the writing is weaker in the series.

Compare what was Ellie's first kill in the game compared to what we got on the show where she paralyzed the guy and the aftermath:

^^^^No one's gonna tell me what we got in the show hits harder than that.

The show overall is a tamed down version of the game. It isn't a bad show just a little disappointing to me, personally. The story from the game really was flawless and didn't need to be changed.

With how their relationship has progressed in the show and the way they softened up Joel, I can't imagine this being in the show:

It would feel out of place based on what's happened up to this point. That scene hit like a truck^^^

f36f1b07-91e1-4f35-84d9-4e46a294ae4f_text.gif