'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
No one's saying Joel should be mowing down hordes and scavenging crafting materials for 45 minutes every week.

My main gripe with the show is the tone is different. Soft isn't the right word but the world feels lighter versus the bleak, raw hopelessness/ruthlessness of the game. There is an overall lack of tension and it began with the Bill and Frank episode.

They eliminated all the tension between Joel and Ellie too. It took a long time for Joel to really embrace her in the game and now it's already a given that they're inseparable. I don't care what anyone says, the writing is weaker in the series.

Compare what was Ellie's first kill in the game compared to what we got on the show where she paralyzed the guy and the aftermath:

^^^^No one's gonna tell me what we got in the show hits harder than that.

The show overall is a tamed down version of the game. It isn't a bad show just a little disappointing to me, personally. The story from the game really was flawless and didn't need to be changed.

With how their relationship has progressed in the show and the way they softened up Joel, I can't imagine this being in the show:

It would feel out of place based on what's happened up to this point. That scene hit like a truck^^^

It's in the show.. it was in one of the first trailers I saw

To say Joel is completely opened up to Ellie at this point is kinda pushing it.. He laughed at a joke and said sorry about her having to shoot that guy as a kid.. That's really all you have to base it on..

he clearly very much still has a wall up towards her..

Joel wasn't completely Terminator towards Ellie in the game either..

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's in the show.. it was in one of the first trailers I saw

To say Joel is completely opened up to Ellie at this point is kinda pushing it.. He laughed at a joke and said sorry about her having to shoot that guy as a kid.. That's really all you have to base it on..

he clearly very much still has a wall up towards her..

Joel wasn't completely Terminator towards Ellie in the game either..

Yeah, Pretty much the same turning points, when ellie shoots the hunter is when joel started to trust her more and gave her the gun, in both show and game. They weren’t besties until after Pittsburgh, it will be the same going from Kansas City and jackson.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
In person it's definitely a lot less critique'y

I go to work and my coworkers are talking about how they cried and can't wait til the next episode. My moms literally called me Friday about the ending of the last episode. She was blown away. Loved it. Of course, these are really just tv viewers though.. not really gamers, just average people watching an HBO show..

but then I get online and I see complaints about casting, Joel being too soft, every episode being labeled filler, people straight up saying they're done with the show.

It truly is night and day lol.. pretty funny shyt. We really do live in bubbles, and this site/online community is one within itself.
Yup. And that goes for more than just TV too lol.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joel & Ellie spent twice as long together through our eyes in the game than in the show, it’s not that joel is warming up to Ellie quicker in the show, hes warming to her at the same general point in the show story as he did in the game, it just seems quicker because the game screen time is a lot longer

By this point in the game we’d seen them walking a lot longer & exploring a lot more places, a lot more dialogue between them ect

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
they were worse in that they literally just went along with shyt like executing and torturing and hanging people in the streets not JUST FEDRA even people who were just regular people that were put in a fukked up position by FEDRA agents

the whole point of a revolution to over throw oppressive or bad regines is to do better - but often its the case that the revolutionaries are as bad or worse than those who they over threw which is the case with a lot of places that have had revolutions ...even here.

some one said that this was neo liberal ism propaganda but propaganda is shyt that is contrived and made up to mis represent what actually happened

revolutionaries and people in revolutions doing fukked up shyt to get revenge on those they depose is something that has been repeated everywhere in the French revolution and the subsequent Reign of Terror , the English revolution , the russian revolution , the fascists in nazi germany , the chinese revolution and the great leap forward that occurred in the 1950s, viet name , cambodia , in south america argentina , peru, and recently columbia , cuba became an evil oppressive dictatorship after batista, iran , iraq ( since the 1950s ), in africa there was Mugabe , but also Angola , zimababwe,Rwanda...

the point is that despite the lofty aims of being better what keeps our collective acts from actually being the good things they are supposed to be are the individual failings of those in the collective and often the leaders who are all subject to the very human capacity for revenge selfishness, tribalism and greed.

that is real history ...not propaganda.
This is actually liberal bullshyt