'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The things you guys take issue with is always hilarious

A fungal outbreak that spread through contaminated crops causing the fall of society throughout the world almost in synchronized form is believable - especially when presented as an incurable impossible to deal with scenario, despite the fact that plenty of anti-fungal medicine exist and that there are 3 classes of antifungal agents regularly used in clinical applications now - that is believable, but a fat white woman barking orders isn't? and that's the limit of your suspense of disbelief - like that's the thing that breaks your immersion? Not the thousands of bullets that miss the protagonists and the zombies, nah. the michelin man built white woman is where you draw the line. "women in power!!!!" :damn:

sometimes it's OK to just want to be entertained breh. not everything needs to be reflective of what would have happened in real life :hubie:
My uncle set me straight at a young age watching Batman Forever

"What the hell? No way that bank vault would slide back in the bank perfectly like that"

"So you watching some scrawny white man fly around in a bat suit and you want to complain about realism"

:whoa:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The most powerful country in the world was taking orders from a fat orange racist retarded traitorous manchild for four years.

Let's not get too bent out of shape about a militia taking orders from a lady, especially because it seems they follow the old dude on the low - he just happens to believe in her way of working.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

I aint say shyt about race. Just pointing out one was tragic the other wasnt. If u cant come to that conclusion, thats on u

That’s what the OG argument was about you dope. Race and the constant bytching about race on this forum.

Changed it from the game for a happy ending for the white gay folks, but no such luck for the black folks. :mjpls:

They had a storybook ending. Dying peacefully in each other’s arms :unimpressed: which isn’t even close to the game’s story.

They made Henry and Sam’s story even more heartbreaking by making Sam deaf. Why couldn’t they just escape into the sunset if the creator’s are in the business of veering off from the game?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: Both were great, but tragic stories. Stop making everything racial and just enjoy a fantastic series. Sheesh.
You can enjoy the show while still noticing the obvious pandering to one group, while treating another group like they don’t matter :mjpls:

All I pointed out was that if the writers were in the business of veering so far off for Bill, so much so that they had a personal utopia in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, why couldn’t they make the black folks ending a little less tragic? They even chose to double down on it making Sam deaf.

Fine for the story, and great for the actors to be able to display their talents, but we can call something out for what it is. This show isn’t perfect.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas wanted another soft ending after the one they complained about being too soft lol

Y’all clearly have your minds made up it’s just annoying some of y’all won’t shut the fukk up with these manufactured takes instead of using real thoughtful criticism
No, they shouldn’t have made the previous ending soft in the first place. That was my criticism for the Bill episode. It had no place in the world that was created in the show or game.

Now that they to do that, they open the door for valid criticisms like why can’t they change the story for other minority characters, since they’re in the business of pandering :manny:

Edit: and I’m not one of those “why aren’t there any black people in Friends or Seinfeld?” I don’t like pandering, but I’ll take it if you’re doing it for other people :yeshrug:

Loken

All Star
Daps
TLOU is over 10 years old breh
this goes for all big games not just that one :myman:

and it wasnt this particular i was thinking of for me it was god of war 2018 got it day it came out and next day had spoilers in thumbnails just poping up everywhere

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can enjoy the show while still noticing the obvious pandering to one group, while treating another group like they don’t matter :mjpls:

All I pointed out was that if the writers were in the business of veering so far off for Bill, so much so that they had a personal utopia in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, why couldn’t they make the black folks ending a little less tragic? They even chose to double down on it making Sam deaf.

Fine for the story, and great for the actors to be able to display their talents, but we can call something out for what it is. This show isn’t perfect.

Okay man. You’re a victim. A perpetual victim. The whole world hates you. Happy? now let’s get back to the program.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't remember Bill being gay in the game but they actually did hints when I went back to play The Last of Us Part 1 Remake again. He did say, "My Partner", but he hesitated to mention his lover before he said my partner when he spoke to Joel.

Also, I found two magazines about men, gay aka Playgirl, and Men workout in Bill's safe place. :dame:

Fo0ssGzXgAAG_BH

Fo0szzQWYAAyXJ2