'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
HotD…Hot D seems like a different show :russ:
Sounds like a P Valley spin off. This time with Uncle Clifford getting a male strip club off the ground :dame:
HBO is the only premium cable/streaming service I have never cancelled.

I wonder how they decide whether a show is HBO Original worthy or just HBO Max. I gotta give props to the quality control department at HBOgoat for consistency.
Probably cost and quality. I also think they trying to lessen the Max content a lil under Zaslav.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
After the explosion?

Probably.

Which is how fukked up things are in the world.

FEDRA was able to keep them underground for 15 years.

Henry, to save Sam, gave up the leader of the revolution.

Kathleen, after defeating FEDRA, becomes obsessed with getting revenge, and pretty much covering up the fact that there was activity underground. That explosion opened up the ground letting all the infected out, who then killed all the people with weapons.

They're going to the city and killing everybody. :francis:
My question is, how long could the revolutionaries have kept them underground? Fedra had the resources but these guys didn't. I think eventually the infected would have escaped. It's messed up though because of one woman's obsession pretty much condemned the remaining population to their doom.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Yes.. According to the podcast

1. Larger people take longer to be fully infected so the biggest and strongest become bloaters

“There are certain people that are so strong and big that can survive even longer, and those are the bloaters,” he said. “That’s why you’re seeing this person is so tall and massive in their strength. And it just becomes that much scarier, again as we go forward, there’s just these new types of infected.”

2. Bloaters cannot be killed

“We also thought, look, whatever this thing is and however it got that way, there was this notion that it might be scarier that at some point you realize, you’re not killing it,” Mazin said on the official podcast (via TV Line). “No one’s killing it, ever.”
Damn so imagine someone like Shaq, Big Show(the wrestler) became infected. Their size plus strength tripled! :damn:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Here's how I see it:
Tess begging him to take her west gets that job done, but that alone results in Joel leaving Ellie to the doctors when they get there.
The theme of this episode was protector. Bill protecting Frank, Frank protecting Bill, Bill telling Joel to take whatever he needs to keep Tess (transfered to Ellie) safe. This episode is meant to explain Joel's final decision, which is the hinge of the entire second act of the story. Maybe it worked for you, maybe it didn't....but the intention is as clear as day (especially if you know the ending).
That's one problem I have with this show.. They telegraphing the hell out of things if you even have a vague memory of the game..

There's been a bunch of times where a character will explain exactly what's going to happen later in the episode or show

"Maybe he's supposed to die" "There's these big ones with spores" "oooh there's clicker ones"

Like damn... can you let the audience be shocked and surprised

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

I never watch SNL but this seeing Pedro Pascal break character laughing had me dying..

On another note

"We’ve been hearing rumblings of a third entry being in the works in November and the fact that the budget depends on the success of the show, but these rumors remained unsubstantiated. Druckmann has also previously stated that a story line was written. Now, our source at Sony (who previously broke the first confirmed leak of the PS5 Slim to us) has doubled down and revealed to us that it is indeed in the works. At least, according to Sony. Internally, Sony has the title slated as “in progress” with Naughty Dog as the developer with the game is categorised as a Playstation 5 release with “Playstation 6 in mind”."

Is this black woman c00ning every stereotype possible funny cac humor?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
They've eliminated all tension the last two weeks. The ridiculous Bill and Frank storyline that had them living a fairy tale life for 20 years ten miles from a QZ and nothing happened to them the entire time besides a single raider attack. This week we had Joel and Ellie driving halfway across the country without incident until they got into Kansas City.

If it's that safe to travel, why are people bottled up in QZs in random places? World seems pretty safe based on what they've shown so far. :ehh:

They had the tone and dread right the first two episodes, then they threw it all away for Bill/Frank's Emmy bait and they haven't recovered it yet. There is no sense of hopelessness. The story is so much lighter than the game right now and it's disappointing.
It's 20 years later.. There's not many people left on Earth... Why the hell would you spread out? You'd be dead in a week if you didn't have the supplies and know how to obtain more and still you got random killers and infected to wonder upon

You just saw COVID... shyt.. we could have been outside the whole time.. instead we got locked down for damn near 2 years