'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She needed to have some quality that stopped her rank and file from taking her out. It certainly wasn’t a commanding presence, or military strategy, she sent their whole platoon to take on 4 ppl, including 2 children.

What kinda leader gives pissy orders like she was doing.

Just an awful casting and delivery. It’s cute they got to score another point for casting a less than likely person for the role but this one failed, while the kid using asl and the gay story was believable
All we know is before she went on her vengeance quest for Henry, she led them to victory after her brother died. The quality she had that stopped people from taking her out at that point was that she was the person that led them to victory over FEDRA 10-11 days before. Who knows what would've happened if Henry and Sam actually escaped but she continued to go around killing people and wasting time and resources? Perry might've said fukk it, she's gotta go.

It's clear that she lost focus and started making dumb decisions.

They could've cased Michelle Rodriguez's masculine ass and it still wouldn't change the fact that the character was written to be someone blinded by vengeance.

She tells Perry to go door to door to search for Henry and Perry goes "Right now :gucci: " because it would take a lot of man power and time. She says finding him is her first priority.

Perry shows her where the infected appear to have found a weak spot in the ground, he says we're going to tell the others and she says nah, after we take care of Henry.

She admitted to having to be brutal and doing some fukked up things to push through the takeover, but you can tell that's really not her. She pulls the gun on the doctor and you can see it fukks with her when he tells her that he was her doctor, that he delivered her. But when she sees Bryan and the other dead guy and believes Henry is putting hits out on her guys, she snaps and kills the doctor.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Question on the Bloaters...

How did they get so huge if they're infected humans? are they just huge 6'10 humans that were infected and bloat to larger sizes? Doesn't seem like a 5'10 guy, even bloated to the max would get that big. Maybe the growths make them larger, like extending limbs and shyt?

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

How did they get so huge if they're infected humans? are they just huge 6'10 humans that were infected and bloat to larger sizes? Doesn't seem like a 5'10 guy, even bloated to the max would get that big. Maybe the growths make them larger, like extending limbs and shyt?
All that you see is just fungal growth, from my understanding

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's

So I was listening to I think Neil talk about it and he described the progression of the fungus as almost dependent on the persons strength.

I have to find the audio but he said something like after maybe the stalker stage a person typically falls down and fuses with the fungus network. Some people are strong enough to make to the clicker stage and beyond..

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
She needed to have some quality that stopped her rank and file from taking her out. It certainly wasn’t a commanding presence, or military strategy, she sent their whole platoon to take on 4 ppl, including 2 children.

What kinda leader gives pissy orders like she was doing.
On this point. They dont know it's exactly just Joel/Ellie who killed their men. They are under the impression that Henry called in Mercs. So they may think they have 4 ppl at least with Henry and Sam. They know the truck was "loaded"

Also, it seemed like Henry wasnt the only one she was after, just the main one. She read off a list of people to the doctor that she was looking for.

So they looking for Henry/Sam + over 3 mercs + the other collaborators.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
On this point. They dont know it's exactly just Joel/Ellie who killed their men. They are under the impression that Henry called in Mercs. So they may think they have 4 ppl at least with Henry and Sam. They know the truck was "loaded"

Also, it seemed like Henry wasnt the only one she was after, just the main one. She read off a list of people to the doctor that she was looking for.

So they looking for Henry/Sam + over 3 mercs + the other collaborators.
Her bytch ass can complain about the heat in hell now

Ep 5 was dope af...ep 1 was still my favorite...I bet that sniper part in the game was insane

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fungal growth.

Also, keep in mind that bloaters are extremely rare. Most infected die within a month/couple months or so. I think it takes roughly a year to reach clicker stage and years to get to bloater stage. I’m saying that to say that the fungus will do it’s best to slow decomposition etc (as the epidemiologist said in the first episode) so to get to bloater stage you likely needed to have above average physical attributes/composition (muscles/general health) to start with. That combined with the fungal growth and pus/spore like sacks gives them that hulkling like appearance

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her bytch ass can complain about the heat in hell now

Ep 5 was dope af...ep 1 was still my favorite...I bet that sniper part in the game was insane

making your way to the sniper requires you to take out (or slip past) a crew of 10-15 armed humans. then you're trying to use the sniper to protect ellie, henry and sam from the remaining militia and the zombie hoard. no bloater, but the scene perfectly captures the tension you feel trying to keep them safe.

the rifle reload between shots can feel like an ETERNITY, because you dont know where the danger is coming from. so sometimes you look back down at the courtyard, they're surrounded on all sides, and you've gotta take out the right attacker (choose the right one, and you'll have enough time to reload and get the rest... choose the wrong one and they'll get attacked/killed before your next shot).

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gamers, without any spoilers or details…are there grimier “monsters” than the bloaters and clickers that we haven’t seen yet?

yes. there are three more. stalkers we could/should get this season; they're scary for a unique reason, kinda like clickers. and if they hold true to the games we wont get the other two tank-types until season 2 or 3.