'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weird 'lore' biology question:
Do clickers 'hear' with their human ears, or, since the fungus replaces your organs, do they hear using their new mushroom ears?

Just wondering if Clicker Sam would still be deaf. :ohhh:

Clickers use “echolocation”. Hence the noises they make and the name “clickers

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyway, as someone who never played the games, I do have what can be called a minor 'complaint'.
I can see one way that being a game adaptation slightly hurts this show. And that is that, (to me), the "Bloater" monsters make more sense as video game "End Boss" monsters than as monsters that fit in to the world that the show has created.

In a video game, you need increasingly powerful monsters to fight to make the game more challenging as your characters weapons and skill increase. It's a standard video game 'trope', but it doesn't totally fit in the show version of this story.

Why do the zombies need a giant physical "tank" monster that can give out huge physical damage? What purpose would it serve for a creature like that to evolve? Its kind of a soldier creature that would only serve a purpose if the fungus colonies were going to war with in equally matched force. But we're already seen that even the low level 'Infecteds' and 'Clickers' by themselves are overpowered when it comes to destroying human civilization.

In fact, to me, the concept of the 'networked' Infected zombies is much scarier than the Bloaters themselves. If they're an Infected hive mind, they're basically fast running earthbound Fungus Borg. My understanding is that the networking concept is original to the show.

I see what you’re saying. Though I’m forgiving in that regard - bloaters are few - relatively to other infected - even in the game - and represent a much more advanced stage of the infection that most don’t get to.

They’re def a gameplay device and artifact from the game, but I just rationalize their evolution and existence as them being the fungus’ countermeasures to both resistance - I mean the first scene said their purpose is to spread the infection by any means necessary and it’s not like humans will just stand around waiting to be infected - brute force will be needed. As well as insurance for its survival seeing as bloaters are a lot more resilient than the other infected.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
and that 15 min is eternal. you'd prefer it be shot in an Atlanta Walmart parking lot like MCU shyt that looks like ass before it's even released? :camby:
I'm happy they did it bro.. they going all out.. I can def tell they spent money on this show...

So I'm watching the super bowl last night on some Canadian channel(IPTV) and they showed a Last of Us trailer.

They actually showed the Ellie's face covered in blood and you could tell it was after killing David and then Joel hugs her. The difference was they were outside in the snow.. So I guess you can expect that scene to be different.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Gamers, without any spoilers or details…are there grimier “monsters” than the bloaters and clickers that we haven’t seen yet?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Daps
Reppin
Chi
“ I don’t need to be muscly. That’s what henchmen are for”

Wonder how Druckman feels about that :russ:
When Abby is revealed:mjgrin::wow:

She needed to have some quality that stopped her rank and file from taking her out. It certainly wasn’t a commanding presence, or military strategy, she sent their whole platoon to take on 4 ppl, including 2 children.

What kinda leader gives pissy orders like she was doing.

Just an awful casting and delivery. It’s cute they got to score another point for casting a less than likely person for the role but this one failed, while the kid using asl and the gay story was believable