'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad I told my girl the ending beforehand because she sensitive to that sorta of stuff. At first I was mad they didn't do exactly like the game, but the ending hit way harder with the way they did it. Very solid episode and that part with Joel on the sniper rifle was one of my favorite parts of the game.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
If they enter point A and exit at point X without encountering infected despite being told that some were pushed underground and finding traces of a community that lived in those tunnels - we are then told that FEDRA allegedly made attempts to clear the tunnels - and then at point X an explosion happens and after a while infected come running out of a sinkhole then maybe those infected were at/closer to point X, no? - potentially driven/pushed there by said clearing out attempts

Is this poor media literacy or am I missing something? Why's this confusing for you breh and why does it need to be spelled out?

It also seems like the "horde" was actually on the move tunnelling through the ground. In last week's episode there was a scene where the "Resistance" leaders saw the ground collapsing in places, and covered it up. They're not just remaining in the pre-outbreak human tunnels, they're creating their own tunnels and moving around.

Anyway, as someone who never played the games, I do have what can be called a minor 'complaint'.
I can see one way that being a game adaptation slightly hurts this show. And that is that, (to me), the "Bloater" monsters make more sense as video game "End Boss" monsters than as monsters that fit in to the world that the show has created.

In a video game, you need increasingly powerful monsters to fight to make the game more challenging as your characters weapons and skill increase. It's a standard video game 'trope', but it doesn't totally fit in the show version of this story.

Why do the zombies need a giant physical "tank" monster that can give out huge physical damage? What purpose would it serve for a creature like that to evolve? Its kind of a soldier creature that would only serve a purpose if the fungus colonies were going to war with in equally matched force. But we're already seen that even the low level 'Infecteds' and 'Clickers' by themselves are overpowered when it comes to destroying human civilization.

In fact, to me, the concept of the 'networked' Infected zombies is much scarier than the Bloaters themselves. If they're an Infected hive mind, they're basically fast running earthbound Fungus Borg. My understanding is that the networking concept is original to the show.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like it was actually a good episode. I turned it off once the gay shyt happened. Im just fatigued at the moment:martin:. Everything I happen to watch just pops right out with an explicit gay scene,gay central characters. A kiss is one thing,but I aint about to watch no men "make love" or grunt,or anything of that nature.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Weird 'lore' biology question:
Do clickers 'hear' with their human ears, or, since the fungus replaces your organs, do they hear using their new mushroom ears?

Just wondering if Clicker Sam would still be deaf. :ohhh:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Do clickers 'hear' with their human ears, or, since the fungus replaces your organs, do they hear using their new mushroom ears?

Clickers seemingly use a mix of what's left of their human hearing and echolocation but that doesn't seem to be as advanced as it is in other animals. In the game they bump into stuff all the time, so apparently their echolocation isn't that great and more used for hunting.

So in the case of Sam, I'd say a person would have to touch him like Ellie did to alert him.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Sam was still deaf that's why he didn't attack her until she tapped him:mjcry:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Sounds like it was actually a good episode. I turned it off once the gay shyt happened. Im just fatigued at the moment:martin:. Everything I happen to watch just pops right out with an explicit gay scene,gay central characters. A kiss is one thing,but I aint about to watch no men "make love" or grunt,or anything of that nature.
Bruh, if it bothers you that much you can legit skip the part with bill/frank. Ellie/Joel do some shyt, then it cuts the the flashback, then shows Joel/ellie again. Probably like the first 15 min and last 10 min of the epi.

Keep it a buck you could probably skip the whole episode and you wouldnt miss anything. Joel and Ellie go to Bills house to get a battery charger and truck from Bill. They find Bill/Frank have killed themselves, they then head to Wyoming.