'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Henry was an okay character I guess, but he felt bland and the motivation for his actions was dull. I feel like he would've been far more interesting and become ten times more layered, if he were in an interracial homosexual relationship with the man who helped him and Sam hide.

Kathleen was pitch perfect and I almost thought the actress had too much sex appeal for the role, but she was able to tone it down and be a believable leader. I survived an apocalypse in 89, 92, and 04. So trust me when I say that women like Kathleen were always running things. It helps that white women tend to be natural leaders by design.
:russ::russ::russ:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
shyt's getting kinda spicy in the Era gaming thread for the show. Some posters brought up how TLoU/ND treats it's black characters shytty. A few posters were so bothered by the topic being brought up, they said they had to "get away" and start posting in the show only thread :mjpls:
The first two episodes were basically flawless but I've been disappointed since. The infected/bloater scene felt odd because the four of them just went through a tunnel system to get there and didn't encounter anything. 15 minutes after getting out, there's a massive sinkhole and a swarm of them come pouring out.
That's because all the noise brought the horde to where they were. That explosion was massive. Like graboids in Tremors.
I don’t think the show propped her up as some great leader, she just happened to be in a right place, right time moment, and that moment didn’t last very long due to her obsession with catching Henry.
Yep. The fact that she killed a doctor instead of having him care for the group and decided to go after Henry instead of handling the underground problem show her being a bad "peace time" type leader.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I owe Ellie’s actress an apology :to: She killing it rn :whew:

If the show continues at this pace easily goes down as the GOAT video game adaption

Since her blood didn’t work to cure Sam I wonder if Ellie instantly lost hope in everything Marlene ever told her. Or was it a red herring?
I think that emboldened in her cause more. You see how she was sad she couldnt save Sam? "I'm sorry" on the grave. Asking Joel "which way is west", then heading out that way. She wants to get there asap now, to stop more situations like Sam's.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Whats it like in person?

In person it's definitely a lot less critique'y

I go to work and my coworkers are talking about how they cried and can't wait til the next episode. My moms literally called me Friday about the ending of the last episode. She was blown away. Loved it. Of course, these are really just tv viewers though.. not really gamers, just average people watching an HBO show..

but then I get online and I see complaints about casting, Joel being too soft, every episode being labeled filler, people straight up saying they're done with the show.

It truly is night and day lol.. pretty funny shyt. We really do live in bubbles, and this site/online community is one within itself.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Game players becoming more annoying than book readers. Saw it coming though.

I left the thread after the majority of the responses to episode 3, and came back for the first time since then and yours is the first post I saw on the last page.

Thanks for letting me know I should stay out for good

VY2wmdR.png