'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wow people weren't feeling this episode? This was better than last weeks. I could've skipped that episode and not missed anything.

Mostly two things, people didn’t like the introduction of the Kathleen character and it was short.

This episode was meant to act as a part 1 and part 2 though and i don’t think most people knew that

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I don't really have a problem with Kathleen coming into power. Typically the first one to step up and starts barking orders becomes a leader. And naturally people want to be led so they just fall in line.

Her voice and delivery is off putting though lol her voice is soft as fukk.. Sounds like Michel'le up there talking about "kill them all":russ:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

This isn't surprising. I have watched a bunch of YouTube reactions to each episode of this show and I can tell that the target demo for this show and the average Coli watcher is completely different :pachaha:

Based on the YouTube reactions, HBO is definitely hitting the mark with their target audience (for the most part) and the ratings back that up.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is my problem with this game since the 2nd one dropped.

I loved this episode. Best one yet. However, these mfs who wrote this shyt really live in opposite world.

In a post apocalyptic world, ain't no grown ass men taking orders from this Amy Schumer/Rosie O'Donnell looking bih.

Things I'm expecting moving forward: all the strong "dominant" roles will be female characters, all the weaker ones will be male. I wouldn't even be surprised if they started making infected/clickers/bloaters gay and lesbian. These storytelling mfs in 2023 are all about gay shyt and flipping things upside down from the real world. We let them get away with Marlene, but now a woman is running the raiders/hunters operations? Man get all the way the fukk outta here.

The things you guys take issue with is always hilarious

A fungal outbreak that spread through contaminated crops causing the fall of society throughout the world almost in synchronized form is believable - especially when presented as an incurable impossible to deal with scenario, despite the fact that plenty of anti-fungal medicine exist and that there are 3 classes of antifungal agents regularly used in clinical applications now - that is believable, but a fat white woman barking orders isn't? and that's the limit of your suspense of disbelief - like that's the thing that breaks your immersion? Not the thousands of bullets that miss the protagonists and the zombies, nah. the michelin man built white woman is where you draw the line. "women in power!!!!" :damn:

sometimes it's OK to just want to be entertained breh. not everything needs to be reflective of what would have happened in real life :hubie:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
The things you guys take issue with is always hilarious

A fungal outbreak that spread through contaminated crops causing the fall of society throughout the world almost in synchronized form is believable - especially when presented as an incurable impossible to deal with scenario, despite the fact that plenty of anti-fungal medicine exist and that there are 3 classes of antifungal agents regularly used in clinical applications now - that is believable, but a fat white woman barking orders isn't? and that's the limit of your suspense of disbelief - like that's the thing that breaks your immersion? Not the thousands of bullets that miss the protagonists and the zombies, nah. the michelin man built white woman is where you draw the line. "women in power!!!!" :damn:

sometimes it's OK to just want to be entertained breh. not everything needs to be reflective of what would have happened in real life :hubie:

Oh right, cuz if I came in here bytchin about the bullets missing everybody that would make more sense ? You honestly didn't have to quote me. You literally had nothing to add but "just enjoy the show bro" ... Like this ain't a whole discussion thread 🧐

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh right, cuz if I came in here bytchin about the bullets missing everybody that would make more sense ?

No, and that’s the- you know what - you right

The writers got an inflatable cac woman as leader. That’s what the fukk talking about with these shows man. That would never happen in a real post apocalyptic world. fukk outta here. just fukking agenda everywhere I’m furious :angry::angry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No, and that’s the- you know what - you right

The writers got an inflatable cac woman as leader. That’s what the fukk talking about with these shows man. That would never happen in a real post apocalyptic world. fukk outta here. just fukking agenda everywhere I’m furious :angry::angry:

Would you smash though? :sas2:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I think you people who think the Kathleen character was just a bad casting decision are missing the point entirely.

This isn't a story with typical tropes, like an evil "big bad", who selfishly acquires power for the sole purpose of being our antagonist. It's about normal, every day people who, due to circumstances outside of their control, find themselves doing things they wouldn't normally do to survive.

So for me, hearing a soft-spoken woman lead a group of people didn't make me think "what horrible casting". It made me think "damn, what the hell did she do to command the trust and respect of all those men?". We know very little about her story, what her relationship is with the people of the QZ, why Sam & Henry is so important to her, etc. Hell, she probably WAS something like a school teacher turned rebel leader for some reason, who knows? But I do trust all of that will be revealed in future episodes, and we'll find out what kind of fukked up shyt she did to earn the loyality of the people.

Anyone shytting on her character after half an episode and with so many unknowns are really acting in bad faith here. You have to at least give the writers the benefit of the doubt. If her story isn't believable at the end of the season, you can shyt on her then. But as of now, you sound stupid and shortsighted.