'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
They've eliminated all tension the last two weeks. The ridiculous Bill and Frank storyline that had them living a fairy tale life for 20 years ten miles from a QZ and nothing happened to them the entire time besides a single raider attack. This week we had Joel and Ellie driving halfway across the country without incident until they got into Kansas City.

If it's that safe to travel, why are people bottled up in QZs in random places? World seems pretty safe based on what they've shown so far. :ehh:

They had the tone and dread right the first two episodes, then they threw it all away for Bill/Frank's Emmy bait and they haven't recovered it yet. There is no sense of hopelessness. The story is so much lighter than the game right now and it's disappointing.

People are bottled together because the average person has no idea what to do in the wild by themselves. So any place that gathers resources necessary for survival is going to have a lot of people show up looking to play their role.

The average person has two problems, they don’t know what to do in the wild, and if they figure it out how can they protect it from others. That’s why people are huddled together and not spread out in the wild.

That long ass travel distance without incident also happens in the game. You skip from Pittsburgh all the way to Colorado.

Last edited:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I think you people who think the Kathleen character was just a bad casting decision are missing the point entirely.

This isn't a story with typical tropes, like an evil "big bad", who selfishly acquires power for the sole purpose of being our antagonist. It's about normal, every day people who, due to circumstances outside of their control, find themselves doing things they wouldn't normally do to survive.

So for me, hearing a soft-spoken woman lead a group of people didn't make me think "what horrible casting". It made me think "damn, what the hell did she do to command the trust and respect of all those men?". We know very little about her story, what her relationship is with the people of the QZ, why Sam & Henry is so important to her, etc. Hell, she probably WAS something like a school teacher turned rebel leader for some reason, who knows? But I do trust all of that will be revealed in future episodes, and we'll find out what kind of fukked up shyt she did to earn the loyality of the people.

Anyone shytting on her character after half an episode and with so many unknowns are really acting in bad faith here. You have to at least give the writers the benefit of the doubt. If her story isn't believable at the end of the season, you can shyt on her then. But as of now, you sound stupid and shortsighted.
Right…dudes want Negan to come out with a spiked baseball bat and heads on spikes.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People are bottled together because the average person has no idea what to do in the wild by themselves. So any place that gathers resources necessary for survival is going to have a lot of people show up looking to play their role.

The average person has two problems, they don’t know what to do in the wild, and if they figure it out how can they protect it from others. That’s why people are huddled together and not spread out in the wild.

That long ass travel distance without incident also happens in the game. You skip from Pittsburgh all the way to Colorado.

I’d also rather live in the oppressive QZ, it’s clear some people don’t know whats truly out there in the world of Last of Us. :damn:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I’d also rather live in the oppressive QZ, it’s clear some people don’t know whats truly out there in the world of Last of Us. :damn:
Yeah bro I don't know how to do shyt :russ:

Hunt?? Shiddd I die of eating something I wasn't supposed to..

nikka had liquid sulfur in the fridge to build a battery. I would've opened that fridge thought that was another one of Bills bobby traps.

Without Google I'm useless.. All I can do is shoot a gun and fight..:bryan:

I woulda been right under Kathleen like what you need me to do next:bryan:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

nikka had liquid sulfur in the fridge to build a battery. I would've opened that fridge thought that was another one of Bills bobby traps.

Joel probably would have pushed my wig back in that ambush, not gonna lie :hubie:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

I would live off fish because I’ve never hunted in my life.

I work on helicopters and planes so my skill set would be pretty useless:dead:

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
This episode was aight. Nothing special but not terrible either. I don't like that they're already softening Joel up. 4 episodes in and he's already laughing it up with Ellie. They seem like they're trying to make him more likeable as opposed to the a$$hole he was throughout most of the game.

I don't really care about the Kathleen lady too much, she wasn't terrible but I can't stand the actress so that puts me off a little.

In regards to Henry and Sam, we'll see. So far I'd say they've done their own thing with the show and it's about 25% like the game so don't be surprised if it don't go down like you expect.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
This episode was aight. Nothing special but not terrible either. I don't like that they're already softening Joel up. 4 episodes in and he's already laughing it up with Ellie. They seem like they're trying to make him more likeable as opposed to the a$$hole he was throughout most of the game.

I don't really care about the Kathleen lady too much, she wasn't terrible but I can't stand the actress so that puts me off a little.

In regards to Henry and Sam, we'll see. So far I'd say they've done their own thing with the show and it's about 25% like the game so don't be surprised if it don't go down like you expect.
:bryan: