'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

I never watch SNL but this seeing Pedro Pascal break character laughing had me dying..

On another note

"We’ve been hearing rumblings of a third entry being in the works in November and the fact that the budget depends on the success of the show, but these rumors remained unsubstantiated. Druckmann has also previously stated that a story line was written. Now, our source at Sony (who previously broke the first confirmed leak of the PS5 Slim to us) has doubled down and revealed to us that it is indeed in the works. At least, according to Sony. Internally, Sony has the title slated as “in progress” with Naughty Dog as the developer with the game is categorised as a Playstation 5 release with “Playstation 6 in mind”."

When she got up :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I didn’t get the sense these were some hardcore militants.

The second kid got shot he folded and was crying for his momma. Only the dude who found the breech looked competent.

Just like that Doctor was important because of his medical knowledge until he wasn’t . I’m guessing she has some valuable skill set that put her on top.

Yea these militants seem more cosplay than what we've seen with Fedra & the Fireflies thus far

Joel described them as people...so they're capable of terrible shyt but also could be soft & vulnerable

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Didn't like Melanie Lysnkey in Yellowjackets. Didn't like her here. You could see in her stride, in that one shot from the trailers, that showed up in this episode, that she was trying to act tough and walk with purpose, but it was completely unnatural. One of those moments where you know you're watching an actor act.

You know what woulda been cool? If they got Nadji Jeter, who voiced Sam in the game, as well as Miles Morales in the Spider-Man games, to play Henry, now that he's older.

I can clearly tell she's not American with the amount of times her accent be slipping. It was apparent when she was reading from the pun book. And when she was yelling at Joel to give her a break cuz it was her second day in a car "mahhnn!"

Yeah her accent completely broke in the car.

Most actors break their accent when they yell like franklins actor in snow fall

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can clearly tell she's not American with the amount of times her accent be slipping. It was apparent when she was reading from the pun book. And when she was yelling at Joel to give her a break cuz it was her second day in a car "mahhnn!"

ya I think I heard her say “man dem” a couple of times as well

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Here's how I see it:
Tess begging him to take her west gets that job done, but that alone results in Joel leaving Ellie to the doctors when they get there.
The theme of this episode was protector. Bill protecting Frank, Frank protecting Bill, Bill telling Joel to take whatever he needs to keep Tess (transfered to Ellie) safe. This episode is meant to explain Joel's final decision, which is the hinge of the entire second act of the story. Maybe it worked for you, maybe it didn't....but the intention is as clear as day (especially if you know the ending).

don’t get me wrong , I’m not trying to go against your analysis of episode 3
the point I’m trying to make Is that going to see Tommy to drop Ellie off & her running away , and then searching & finding her in at this abandon house is probably the most significant scenes throughout the whole entire game …

maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see that Bill‘s letter being the final decision on Joel taking her to the doctors.
BTW - episode 4 is them driving to see his brother Tommy which is assumed once he get there he’ll drop her off with him so he can take Elli to the doctors , in addition in the vehicle Joel says to Ellie that they’re not family / she simply is cargo …

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The show was good the first 2 episodes, the last one was good and this one is mid. It's just not hitting as hard as the game does, not even close. that clicker encounter early in the show really captured the tension a player would feel during the game, but it's been missing since. The initial crash during this episode served as a great set piece in the game, but the whole encounter was very meh in the show. I don't like the writers skipping out on Ellie's "moment" and not having her kill the man, it really dampens everything about the situation. The writing isn't as good here, the conversations are staler than in the game and the world building is almost non-existent. The last of us game also captured a sense of depravity and dread the show doesn't; leaning off of the gore and making the show more character drive seems like a mistake so far, especially when the characters are STILL better written in the game. Also that woman who's supposedly the leader of the group that's tracking Joel and Ellie is laughable, they could've casted a woman who's intimidating at least.

I could go on and on. The show has been a solid ride so far, but for anybody who's still wondering what the big deal is about the last of us universe, they should play the game, it's a way better experience for sure.
They've eliminated all tension the last two weeks. The ridiculous Bill and Frank storyline that had them living a fairy tale life for 20 years ten miles from a QZ and nothing happened to them the entire time besides a single raider attack. This week we had Joel and Ellie driving halfway across the country without incident until they got into Kansas City.

If it's that safe to travel, why are people bottled up in QZs in random places? World seems pretty safe based on what they've shown so far. :ehh:

They had the tone and dread right the first two episodes, then they threw it all away for Bill/Frank's Emmy bait and they haven't recovered it yet. There is no sense of hopelessness. The story is so much lighter than the game right now and it's disappointing.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They've eliminated all tension the last two weeks. The ridiculous Bill and Frank storyline that had them living a fairy tale life for 20 years ten miles from a QZ and nothing happened to them the entire time besides a single raider attack. This week we had Joel and Ellie driving halfway across the country without incident until they got into Kansas City.

If it's that safe to travel, why are people bottled up in QZs in random places? World seems pretty safe based on what they've shown so far. :ehh:

They had the tone and dread right the first two episodes, then they threw it all away for Bill/Frank's Emmy bait and they haven't recovered it yet. There is no sense of hopelessness. The story is so much lighter than the game right now and it's disappointing.
It seems like the government bombed or cattle the small cities and forced people into the larger cities. So the infected are huddled on the outskirts of the quarantine zones.

Frank mentioned the Baltimore qz failed so the infected might be tunneling through the rest of the country.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good ep overall although not much seemed to happen moving the bigger picture. Liked the interplay between Joel and Ellie....gaining chemistry between them

I didn't realize the actress plays Ellie, she was also in Game of Thrones played Lyanna Mormont

Immagine-10.png