'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Maybe they should have wrote her character a bit different as in she was smart enough to come up with a plan to overthrow FEDRA and thats why people follow her but not because she’s shown as “fierce” the gun thing didn’t come across threatening at all.

Like Marlene’s character is believeable, in the show and in the game. A lot of other leaders in this series are the same way, they aren’t battle hardened but they have a cult like personality that makes people follow them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can't front she was the only distraction this episode :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: Straight up mall Karen she nagged them goons to death that's why they follow her:russ::russ::dead:

Henry did it, i saw him do it!
full

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
But how is she leading a group of militants? What's stopping someone that is much more capable physically/militarily/mentally from just snuffing her and taking control? It's not like the actual military where if someone took out there commanding officer and took command of the troops would have to deal with the rest of the overall military. I'm hoping the 'how' of her rise to power is properly explained, b/c just accepting it on a surface level is pretty ridiculous.
I didn’t get the sense these were some hardcore militants.

The second kid got shot he folded and was crying for his momma. Only the dude who found the breech looked competent.

Just like that Doctor was important because of his medical knowledge until he wasn’t . I’m guessing she has some valuable skill set that put her on top.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The way I see it, the problem isn't about the character but how the actress is portraying her. You don't get the sense she could be leading a whole town that revolted against FEDRA and it's armed to the gills. Unless we get an explanation that she is a fish our of water put in that position for whatever circumstances, she's gonna stick out like a sore thumb :yeshrug:
They just took Fedra stuff. Even Ellie was “trained” on basic gun skills that Joel knew was lacking.

The spike strip, throwing a brick, and the I’m dying trap just seem like most of these people are just barely trained but with guns now.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I didn’t get the sense these were some hardcore militants.

The second kid got shot he folded and was crying for his momma. Only the dude who found the breech looked competent.

Just like that Doctor was important because of his medical knowledge until he wasn’t . I’m guessing she has some valuable skill set that put her on top.
That’s what I was gonna say. Most of those people are just people with guns, not militants in the sense of they’ve trained for this shyt. And you’re right, Bryan calling for his mother is a great example of that.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They just took Fedra stuff. Even Ellie was “trained” on basic gun skills that Joel knew was lacking.

The spike strip, throwing a brick, and the I’m dying trap just seem like most of these people are just barely trained but with guns now.
"Just took FEDRA stuff" requires you to kick FEDRA out of town, which ain't easy. Again, her character might be a person worth following but we did not see that portrayed last episode. I don't think it's a big deal at all but I can 100% understand people going :patrice: at Kathleen.

It would be different if we are told why someone like her is in this position and it's a reason that's easy to buy. That can still happen in ep. 5.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Thing is, the acting been on point until she popped up. I aint stressing, just pointing out how out of place it felt
I mean... We only saw her a few minutes, but I believe that's the point. She's not a Walking Dead Megalomaniac villain. She's just a regular ass human being in power of some hobo clan. A stupid, emotional one at that too. So, I thought it fit perfectly.

The real villain that makes your skin crawl is later in the season.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Thing is, the acting been on point until she popped up. I aint stressing, just pointing out how out of place it felt
I mean... We only saw her a few minutes, but I believe that's the point. She's not a Walking Dead Megalomaniac villain. She's just a regular ass human being in power of a hobo clan. A stupid, emotional one at that too.

The real villain that makes your skin crawl is later in the season.

She's just a speed bump.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Didn't like Melanie Lysnkey in Yellowjackets. Didn't like her here. You could see in her stride, in that one shot from the trailers, that showed up in this episode, that she was trying to act tough and walk with purpose, but it was completely unnatural. One of those moments where you know you're watching an actor act.

You know what woulda been cool? If they got Nadji Jeter, who voiced Sam in the game, as well as Miles Morales in the Spider-Man games, to play Henry, now that he's older.

Ellie's actress is English :ohhh:

These English actors do American accents like they're second nature

I can clearly tell she's not American with the amount of times her accent be slipping. It was apparent when she was reading from the pun book. And when she was yelling at Joel to give her a break cuz it was her second day in a car "mahhnn!"

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
HBO really should of just made a business decision and made this Two Episode week and skipped Superbowl weekend.

This dropping on HBO Max on Friday is stupid.

This shyt felt like a half an episode anyways.
They should have waited to premier after the Super Bowl frfr. Imagine their numbers then.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's

I never watch SNL but this seeing Pedro Pascal break character laughing had me dying..

On another note

"We’ve been hearing rumblings of a third entry being in the works in November and the fact that the budget depends on the success of the show, but these rumors remained unsubstantiated. Druckmann has also previously stated that a story line was written. Now, our source at Sony (who previously broke the first confirmed leak of the PS5 Slim to us) has doubled down and revealed to us that it is indeed in the works. At least, according to Sony. Internally, Sony has the title slated as “in progress” with Naughty Dog as the developer with the game is categorised as a Playstation 5 release with “Playstation 6 in mind”."

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I can't front she was the only distraction this episode :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: Straight up mall Karen she nagged them goons to death that's why they follow her:russ::russ::dead:

Yeah I was thinking...really? She's the leader? :patrice:

:mjlol:

Because they need a villain who fits the role and she just doesn't. And she doesn't even sound intimidating.

Hugo remark - I can picture Sawyer saying some shyt like that in his a$$hole stage :mjlol:

Speaking of Lost, I think Kathleen fits teh Ben/Juliet type leader. They seemed nice as hell, but would kill you. Throw Gus from BCS/BB in there too, he seemed nice as hell. :manny:

Nah, nothing about Gus seemed nice. Dude is disciplined and will toss you in the grinder to keep his business going and he won't feel a thing afterward.

That's why he works well on The Boys. He told Homelander to his face that he's trash with the :unimpressed: face. Because he wasn't intimidated in the slightest

On the other hand suburban Karen wasn't believable at all. You need someone who just comes across as mean because they are. Like Lena Headley or Lucy Liu.

Last edited: