'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Binge watching is cool, but being able to discuss and have those water cooler moments for a week till the next episode is untouchable. But it only works if it’s great tv.

It really depends on the show. HBO shows really benefit from the "Water Cooler" effect. But I actually think something like "The Mandalorian" would be better as a binge watch...since there really isn't all that much to discuss between episodes.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The Fags of Us :scust:

Should've known something was up when crackers on Twitter were calling this episode the "Emmy winner" :heh:

But seriously, I think I legit remember Bill being gay in the game but it wasnt nearly as explored as this. I really need to replay TLOU1

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Okay, Imma keep it g-real. I’m just going to say this: I’ve played the games. I’m not seeing this incredible or amazing show that a lot of people are apparently seeing three episodes in. I think it’s merely a “good” show. It’s has exceptionally high production value (it’s HBO); but at this juncture in 2023 this show isn’t transformative or groundbreaking in any capacity relating to the zombie apocalypse landscape (in my opinion).

It’s in this weird space where this show is overrated (i.e., critics and a lot of fans), and simultaneously underrated (e.g., Offerman was exceptional this episode. The acting performances are underrated).

We’ll see what the rest of the season has in store. 🤷🏾‍♂️
It was the same with the games for me. Good enough but I wasn't really blown away.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Fantastic ep but man Bill got shot in a dumb ass way, how are you just in the middle of the streets shooting, specially with a scoped rifle, you would thing the survivalist would know to take cover like the fakkit did.
Not just that, but Frank actually gets him shot by diverting his attention away from the fight.

I thought that scene was bad because why would a doomsday expert not have walked through a security plan with his partner beforehand? Why was Frank not a part of the fight from the jump?

I also thought the scene/idea of a doomsday expert being out of shape was bad as well.

Regardless, I didn't hate the episode. I just have personal gripes about plot holes like that because I know they were used as lead ins for emotional conversations.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Not just that, but Frank actually gets him shot by diverting his attention away from the fight.

I thought that scene was bad because why would a doomsday expert not have walked through a security plan with his partner beforehand? Why was Frank not a part of the fight from the jump?

I also thought the scene/idea of a doomsday expert being out of shape was bad as well.

Regardless, I didn't hate the episode. I just have personal gripes about plot holes like that because I know they were used as lead ins for emotional conversations.
I can't say I've personally met any preppers, but... From what I have seen, Ron Swanson was in exceptionally good shape for what the norm is with that crowd.

I thought him using the scope on the rifle without taking cover was pretty dumb, logically and visually. They could have had the same thing happen, just have him stand up from his cover position when he sees Armond walking over to him.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I will say that episode 3 is a crossroads conversation about the type of story you want to tell, but it's being overshadowed by homophobia.

As @shonuff stated the peril is losing who you were becuase of living in this environment. So the directors had a choice, do we use these character arcs to go down the "I found a reason to live cause of love" path, or do we use these character arcs to show that "to only survive is to trap yourself in a 2nd hell and lose sight of the world". Both stories serve the same purpose, but the execution is drastically different. This of course plays into the preference of the viewer.

The director clearly uses this episode to shift the mood of the series towards a sunny outlook in preparation for some major fights. This is an episode about finding hope in a way that doesn't center zombie killing.

I will always prefer the "snap out of survival mode via harsh realities" arc, but that's all it is, a preference.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can't say I've personally met any preppers, but... From what I have seen, Ron Swanson was in exceptionally good shape for what the norm is with that crowd.

I thought him using the scope on the rifle without taking cover was pretty dumb, logically and visually. They could have had the same thing happen, just have him stand up from his cover position when he sees Armond walking over to him.
Nah I mean the running scene made it seem like he wasn't more physically fit than Frank. Cardio would imo be a major asset in this situation.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
fans gonna be mind blown when another rainbow gang member comes out to the audience this season.

For people who played the game 10 years ago some people acting real suspect about stuff that was pretty obvious now they questioning why this episode is getting so much praise when its obvious the acting and story alone was at a level of quality that you don't typically see in video game/zombie/ or pop culture IPs that's why this is getting hyped not because of a gay agenda its because of the inherent quality

You don't get the dude who made chernobyl and think we are getting some action survivor story akin to the games action gameplay moments. No point to rehash that imo
This is the advantage of television over video games low key. Better actors, better budgets, quicker development timeline

I almost have hope for the last of us again as a franchise

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Bill got shot because his dumb ass was wide open in the street instead of using cover

If anything that was my biggest nitpick lol even though like the game that’s how you get shot too

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was the same with the games for me. Good enough but I wasn't really blown away.

the story was “phenomenal” by video game standards imo but the gameplay for the first part was surprisingly lousy…to be fair I did play it a generation late from the OG release so the mechanics were severely outdated…but the story made me push on and after a certain point the gameplay took a huge backseat to the story which rarely happens with me in video games…the only other game I can say that for that still ended up being an enjoyable experience was the first mass effect

as for this series…first ep was great…2nd one dialed it back a bit…3rd one was blah…think I’d prefer to watch this show minus the hype…usually that adds to the experience for me but in this instance it’s taking away from it…I’ll watch the next ep and if it’s ehh then I’ll probably just let the series play out before returning to it in a few months…the last ep was uneventful enough that I didn’t “need a week” to unpack it…this might be a series that I’m better off marathoning

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the story was “phenomenal” by video game standards imo but the gameplay for the first part was surprisingly lousy…to be fair I did play it a generation late from the OG release so the mechanics were severely outdated…but the story made me push on and after a certain point the gameplay took a huge backseat to the story which rarely happens with me in video games…the only other game I can say that for that still ended up being an enjoyable experience was the first mass effect

as for this series…first ep was great…2nd one dialed it back a bit…3rd one was blah…think I’d prefer to watch this show minus the hype…usually that adds to the experience for me but in this instance it’s taking away from it…I’ll watch the next ep and if it’s ehh then I’ll probably just let the series play out before returning to it in a few months…the last ep was uneventful enough that I didn’t “need a week” to unpack it…this might be a series that I’m better off marathoning
:comeon: