'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
At some point you either decide to quit being an ignorant motherfukker, or you grow up. A lot of people have chosen ignorance as a personality trait. As if it will gain them points, either online, or in the streets. It really only goes so far in both circumstances though.
:manny:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Fam what? How old are you? Seriously. I watched the shyt with my woman (who played the game with me). Adults still getting bugged out because of same sex relations are hilarious. Again, how old are you? I called the episode excellent and in your mind all you thought about was if I enjoyed watching a gay relationship unfold or not? That’s all you got from the episode?

Try to be funny on the coli, but come off as a child, brehs

Suck yuh madda
But 80% of the episode was watching gay shyt unfold.:scusthov: If you like gay shyt, just admit it. That was my point.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uhhh well it should be very obvious that I did play the game becuase I'm contrasting what the game narrative was versus what the show narrative is ...

Yeh I know the DLC "prequel" is going to be an episode- depending on how they do it - it may be good or bad ...

IMO the story in the DLC is only good
becuase you've played (know) what the overall previous story is ...by showing the DLC during the main narrative i think it may make the overall conclusion to the main story hit different
I bet they time it the same way, narratively.
Joel falls off the balcony, and we get an episode without him at all essentially. I wouldn’t be surprised if they drag his absence a bit, so the uninformed audience is more tense.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Great storytelling and acting. The deviation from Bill in the game was great. It fleshed out his character a lot more and still made him connect with Joel to push the story forward. It’s gonna win awards.

The last of us is about people. The fungus/infected aren’t the focal point of the story. This episode perfectly captured that… People and how they interact with one another in a world filled with no hope.
I do not understand why people keep saying this.

The show could have done both things and maintained what Bill was in the game. The flashback to Fedra rounding folks up, Bill gathering supplies and fortifying the town, Bill meeting Frank after he falls into the ditch, Frank and Bill falling in love... Bill still being an a$$hole and their relationship falling a part. They have a big fight, Frank leaves and Bill has too much pride to go after him, he lets him leave, then what happens in the game happens to him or they figure out a way to do it in their way for the show.

I fail to understand how the show couldn't of showed half of the backstory with flashbacks, and maintained that Bill was who he was ultimately. The deviation wasn't any better than what was in the game. Because if you tell that backstory like they did in the show, then you see Bill's reaction after running into Frank dead from committing suicide, you still get a heavy ass moment that wasn't touched on in the game because they didn't go too deep into their relationship like they did in the show.

I'm not in the camp that even thinks the EP was trash, but people acting like the reference material in the game couldn't have hit hard on an emotional level without having Bill off himself and have gay sex is ridiculous.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I do not understand why people keep saying this.

The show could have done both things and maintained what Bill was in the game. The flashback to Fedra rounding folks up, Bill gathering supplies and fortifying the town, Bill meeting Frank after he falls into the ditch, Frank and Bill falling in love... Bill still being an a$$hole and their relationship falling a part. They have a big fight, Frank leaves and Bill has too much pride to go after him, he lets him leave, then what happens in the game happens to him or they figure out a way to do it in their way for the show.

I fail to understand how the show couldn't of showed half of the backstory with flashbacks, and maintained that Bill was who he was ultimately. The deviation wasn't any better than what was in the game. Because if you tell that backstory like they did in the show, then you see Bill's reaction after running into Frank dead from committing suicide, you still get a heavy ass moment that wasn't touched on in the game because they didn't go too deep into their relationship like they did in the show.

I'm not in the camp that even thinks the EP was trash, but people acting like the reference material in the game couldn't have hit hard on an emotional level without having Bill off himself and have gay sex is ridiculous.
steve-carell-thankyou.gif

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
You're acting like this was the series finale there's plenty of time for that fact to hit home with the characters. Bill's town was an outlier and they showed that in the same episode when Joel and Ellie come across the mass grave with a mother and child in it, people from Bill's very same town.
That's that house of dragons bullshyt I was talking about in that thread, niccas crying over the details before the dragons started going for each other and when I said it doesn't matter, I get banned from the thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's hilarious to me that a lot of people that played the game either shrug off or plainly ignore the fact that the core theme of Part 1 is love.

Bill's story in the game is one version of love: how stubbornness can fukk up the one good thing you had and didn't notice. Considering were the story goes after Bill's town, his version is more of a message to the player than Joel. We see how being an absorbed in himself a$$hole, Bill pushes away his partner in Frank and never even realized he pushed him away so hard he ended up hating him. That's a hard lesson to learn as a player. But to Joel? Bill doesn't tell him much of anything and kinda begrudgingly helps him out. He fukking hates Ellie and could care less if she dies at any minute :pachaha:

Bill's story in the TV is obviously another version of love (that also aims to make any viewer that doesn't have an issue with gay relationships feel very emotional). This one hits Joel harder because it's all about protecting the people one cares about. Joel is already broken because of what happened to his daughter, to the point Tess is just a useful relationship and never lets it go beyond that. Then he is (indirectly) reminded by Bill he even failed to protect THAT. And now the task of helping Ellie seems more of a responsibility than before (it's the only thing Tess asked of him and of course he feels some type of way having to take care of a teenage girl)....and now what's gonna happen in the next 6 episodes will continue to build and this chapter will have more meaning to Joel than it did in the game.

As @GoldenGlove posted, following the game could've still been done in a way that was powerful and meaningful but whoever denies that episode 3 served no purpose to the story either didn't play the game or will probably "get it" as the season continues to unfold

:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
A lot of people missed what they did here... Even in a post-apocalyptic world people have to find their purpose... and in reality our purpose is other people. it was setting the table for Joel who needs to find his purpose.. a guy who has lost everything.

People who say the ep. "didn't advance" the story are just wrong. . :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of people missed what they did here... Even in a post-apocalyptic world people have to find their purpose... and in reality our purpose is other people. it was setting the table for Joel who needs to find his purpose.. a guy who has lost everything.

It actually advances the story far more than the game did at this section

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

It actually advances the story far more than the game did at this section
Even if I disagree, I can see someone not liking the episode and I completely understand not thinking it was a great piece of TV (let alone a GOAT ep) but to say shyt was filler, meaningless or didn't advance the plot is :mindblown: :why:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Even if I disagree, I can see someone not liking the episode and I completely understand not thinking it was a great piece of TV (let alone a GOAT ep) but to say shyt was filler, meaningless or didn't advance the plot is :mindblown: :why:

The game had an hour and half of cutscenes, technically everything that ain’t killing infected, hunters, fedra, or raiders, is filler cause theres not enough story in the game to fill 10+ hours of tv

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I think they changed it because every single story after this is as depressing or more

The ending will fukk everyone’s mind if they keep it the same
Neil said in the tweet........"Why yall crying.........this was pose to be the happy episode" :lupe:
If they keep that ending :wow:
I dont remember much about the game, I played it like 10 years ago. Hell, I was confused as hell ep 3 because I thought Bill was pose to be the villain from teh game. But I remember that ending. :wow:
If Frank was Francesca I still wouldn't give a fukk and would still call it an average episode. There's people calling this one of the greatest episodes of TV ever and that's bullshyt. That's only happening because of the gay storyline. If it was Bill and Francesca nobody would give a single fukk about this episode.
That's the dumb shyt......"best episode of the season", "best episode of tv ever". shyt aint even the top episode of the 3 dropped so far:gucci:
The resetERA thread is full of ppl saying "I've cried so hard and watched it 5x" :gucci:
Keeping it a buck.........shyt aint even the best gay love story from this year. Burt and Irving from Severance was way better.