'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Bill got shot because his dumb ass was wide open in the street instead of using cover

If anything that was my biggest nitpick lol even though like the game that’s how you get shot too
Yeah, that was the low point for me too. Plus, right after, he says fukk it the fire will kill them all anyway. So…what was the point of going out into an open yard during the shoutout again?

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Not just that, but Frank actually gets him shot by diverting his attention away from the fight.

I thought that scene was bad because why would a doomsday expert not have walked through a security plan with his partner beforehand? Why was Frank not a part of the fight from the jump?

I also thought the scene/idea of a doomsday expert being out of shape was bad as well.

Regardless, I didn't hate the episode. I just have personal gripes about plot holes like that because I know they were used as lead ins for emotional conversations.

Thats my issue with the episode. When it was going down i expected Bill to be in a fortified attic somewhere with a sniper position. It made absolutely no sense for him to be standing in the middle of the street in a firefight. To make matters worse, Joel specifically told him this would happen, so the Bill we were introduced to initially would have prepared better for it. Also like you said, he would have had Frank in on the plan as well.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that was the low point for me too. Plus, right after, he says fukk it the fire will kill them all anyway. So…what was the point of going out into and open yard during the shoutout again?
nikkas so worried about gay nikkas being gay but not him being a doomsday survivalist who didn’t think to use cover one time. At least hide behind something and get clipped in the shoulder or neck lol

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bill got shot because his dumb ass was wide open in the street instead of using cover

If anything that was my biggest nitpick lol even though like the game that’s how you get shot too
Yea, this part made no sense to me either...why would a guy that's prepped this much, and has all this small arms experience, be in the middle of the street with a fukking bolt-action R700 that carries 5 rounds at a time? If anything he should've been sniping from a high vantage point...

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Thats my issue with the episode. When it was going down i expected Bill to be in a fortified attic somewhere with a sniper position. It made absolutely no sense for him to be standing in the middle of the street in a firefight. To make matters worse, Joel specifically told him this would happen, so the Bill we were introduced to initially would have prepared better for it. Also like you said, he would have had Frank in on the plan as well.
Yea...it's like they didn't once think to do a fire drill/dry run of a night attack, and plan accordingly...that other dumbass ran out there with a pistol :russ: wtf was that going to do?

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Yea, this part made no sense to me either...why would a guy that's prepped this much, and has all this small arms experience, be in the middle of the street with a fukking bolt-action R700 that carries 5 rounds at a time? If anything he should've been sniping from a high vantage point...

I think it was the show runners showing the effect of love/happiness blinding him and changing him a bit from this cold calculated guy to someone that is now prone to mistakes because of this distraction in his life.

Or the nikka was super reckless lol

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
nikkas so worried about gay nikkas being gay but not him being a doomsday survivalist who didn’t think to use cover one time. At least hide behind something and get clipped in the shoulder or neck lol
Seems you can’t stop talking about the gay thing.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is basically the issue that people had with what happened with Joel in TLOU2. If you're going to have someone do something so uncharacteristic just because you want the story to go in a different direction, at the very least put actual effort into the execution. It's poor writing and undercuts a good performance by Nick Offerman.

But as we already know, quality be damned when getting a certain "intent" across. That is most paramount to them.
:mjpls:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Morgan from the Walking Dead was a far better written character even though the show was :mjpls: Because dude lost his wife, kid and his mind but he was still a good fighter.

The stuff with Bill on the other hand was poorly written because they wanted to push a certain agenda even if it didn't make sense.

Because it seems like they wanted to make fun of survivalist conservative white dudes and used Bill as a means to do it even if it looked ridiculous.

Also refusing to have Bill, Ellie, and Joel meet like in the game weakened the show. It would have been far better if they had included at least part of that situation.

Last edited:

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Yeah, that was the low point for me too. Plus, right after, he says fukk it the fire will kill them all anyway. So…what was the point of going out into and open yard during the shoutout again?

That part made sense to me, him shooting at those guys, not the standing in the middle of the road thing. Bill knew the fire would kill them, but he was a fukkin madman and wanted to shoot them instead.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Just saw episide 3. Yea it was gay but the acting directing and writing on this episode was really good.

If you can't enjoy the episode cuz of the gay shyt then that's on you the viewer.

It's better tv than the gay shyt on p valley

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
My issue with the episode is how it isn’t based on any reality for the world the show has built.

If they want to have a gay love story, that’s their right, but to make it so they’re seemingly the only two people on earth who set up this perfect town free from all threats (except one) in 20 years just makes no sense.

There are army bases completely ran through and destroyed by zombies, but an entire town is peaceful enough to grow flowers, fruit, paint each other, and eat luxury meals without a care in the world for decades :bryan: , seemingly just because they’re gay and can put up a fence.
I swear y’all nikkaz should just watch non fiction movies / shows …. How do y’all enjoy anything ?