'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
But 80% of the episode was watching gay shyt unfold.:scusthov: If you like gay shyt, just admit it. That was my point.
You do understand this is HBO we are talking about. This was tame by their standards.
Because they easily could’ve been way more graphic for Bil and Frank like damn nikka chill out.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
You do understand this is HBO we are talking about. This was tame by their standards.
Because they easily could’ve been way more graphic
for Bil and Frank like damn nikka chill out.
giphy.gif

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
:whoa:
:dame:What game were you playing.
We just got a full out episode based on a lot of stuff that wasnt in the game. :sas1:
Besides, I assume they meant they couldve shown worse sex wise instead of just showing them kissing and Frank kissing hairy chest.
It's why i posted the Oz gif. nikkas was getting raped and stuff in that show and that was like 25 years ago.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
We just got a full out episode based on a lot of stuff that wasnt in the game. :sas1:
Besides, I assume they meant they couldve shown worse sex wise instead of just showing them kissing and Frank kissing hairy chest.
It's why i posted the Oz gif. nikkas was getting raped and stuff in that show and that was like 25 years ago.
Breh, this aint Euphoria or OZ. We arent watching TLOU for overhyped episodes that turn out to be gay love stories this early. Just to get a car. Naw the agenda was in full force behind this shyt. Like I said though, I fast forwarded through it. My runtime was like 30 mins tops.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Breh, this aint Euphoria or OZ. We arent watching TLOU for overhyped episodes that turn out to be gay love stories this early. Just to get a car. Naw the agenda was in full force behind this shyt. Like I said though I just fast forwarded through it. My runtime was like 30 mins tops.
I just answered your question wtf are you going on about now?

Anyway

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if I disagree, I can see someone not liking the episode and I completely understand not thinking it was a great piece of TV (let alone a GOAT ep) but to say shyt was filler, meaningless or didn't advance the plot is :mindblown: :why:
You must've missed the Breaking Bad threads, where every episode that didn't feature explosions, gun fights or people getting killed were getting called filler.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I just realized for all the people complaining y’all do realize HBO actually went light on this :russ: this is HBO, home of that raw uncut when it comes to sexual scenes

If they wanted to take it there, they really coulda took it there :shaq:

Y’all need to grow up lol

Because they easily could’ve been way more graphic for Bil and Frank like damn nikka chill out.

If I had only read the reaction to the episode here, before actually seeing the episode...
then based on other HBO shows THIS is what I would have expected the episode to be like:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh, this aint Euphoria or OZ. We arent watching TLOU for overhyped episodes that turn out to be gay love stories this early. Just to get a car. Naw the agenda was in full force behind this shyt. Like I said though, I fast forwarded through it. My runtime was like 30 mins tops.
Legit you must not have played the games lol

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I do not understand why people keep saying this.

The show could have done both things and maintained what Bill was in the game. The flashback to Fedra rounding folks up, Bill gathering supplies and fortifying the town, Bill meeting Frank after he falls into the ditch, Frank and Bill falling in love... Bill still being an a$$hole and their relationship falling a part. They have a big fight, Frank leaves and Bill has too much pride to go after him, he lets him leave, then what happens in the game happens to him or they figure out a way to do it in their way for the show.

I fail to understand how the show couldn't of showed half of the backstory with flashbacks, and maintained that Bill was who he was ultimately. The deviation wasn't any better than what was in the game. Because if you tell that backstory like they did in the show, then you see Bill's reaction after running into Frank dead from committing suicide, you still get a heavy ass moment that wasn't touched on in the game because they didn't go too deep into their relationship like they did in the show.

I'm not in the camp that even thinks the EP was trash, but people acting like the reference material in the game couldn't have hit hard on an emotional level without having Bill off himself and have gay sex is ridiculous.

Either way would still have the same effect. This is what adaptation is. Things won’t always be 1:1. They could have done what you said and had the same effect. They chose this route. Still great tv. There hasn’t been a weak episode yet and that’s what I’m grateful for, because the game deserves an immaculate tv representation.

The show runners won’t make everyone happy. That’s expected. But they have been super respectful to the source material while adapting the series. it’s unfortunate we didn’t see Joel get caught in bills trap then going on a mission to find a battery. We didn’t get the Bill and Ellie banter, but all in all….in my opinion the episode did exactly what the game did, it gave Joel a purpose.