'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Uhhh well it should be very obvious that I did play the game becuase I'm contrasting what the game narrative was versus what the show narrative is ...

Yeh I know the DLC "prequel" is going to be an episode- depending on how they do it - it may be good or bad ...

IMO the story in the DLC is only good
becuase you've played (know) what the overall previous story is ...by showing the DLC during the main narrative i think it may make the overall conclusion to the main story hit different

I only bring up the DLC as an example of this type of contained detour from the main story. I won't get into detail because of spoilers but regardless of whether you like it or not, the adaptation is something that the creator had a hand in. He obviously feels like this still works with the overall atmosphere. And it ended up being pretty sad despite the fact that they survived together for about 15 years.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
You legit missed the point if you didn’t pick up on the difference between Joel/Tess and bill/frank

Joel couldn’t even call Tess his partner. They were partners/lovers of circumstance. Bill and Frank loved each other fully. Joel loved Tess but never said it, never called him his partner, his girl, etc BECAUSE he lost his daughter so tragically. It’s why bill explictly told him to protect Tess by proxy Ellie who is closer to the daughter he lost than the partner Tess was. I get y’all nikkas homophobic but ignoring everything because two dudes kissed is s diservice

So Bill and Frank weren't partners/lovers of circumstance? Very convenient that the ONLY person to show up in Bill's town just happens to be gay as well. They "love each other fully" because they were both gay and they literally had no one else. I get y'all like to overrate shyt because two dudes kissed, but this episode wasn't good or special in any way. It's being completely overrated because it was a gay love story.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
I think they changed it because every single story after this is as depressing or more

The ending will fukk everyone’s mind if they keep it the same
Hmm

I think that's the whole point tho - its a story about holding onto your humanity when everything in your environment is engineered ...no ...engineered is the wrong word..

when everything naturally is opposed to you showing those things that make being human how do you find your way? That's why its so crazy to give Bill such a "peaceful" resolution - his purpose is the be an example of a person trapped by the very thing that maybe makes you so good at being in this collapse

What makes Joel change isn't Bill and his love still for Frank - What makes Joel START to change is Frank's hate for Bill ...Frank would rather die alone than be around Bill...

Joel knows full on that Tess has more feelings for him - she died sacrificing herself for him.as he would have done for her ...so it kinda shakes him up that him being so much like Bill that he easily could have made Tess like Frank...

Last edited:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So Bill and Frank weren't partners/lovers of circumstance? Very convenient that the ONLY person to show up in Bill's town just happens to be gay as well. They "love each other fully" because they were both gay and they literally had no one else. I get y'all like to overrate shyt because two dudes kissed, but this episode wasn't good or special in any way. It's being completely overrated because it was a gay love story.
So nobody else showed up in this story? Lol you just tryna make shyt up atp

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Frank was the only person WE saw show up..

Bill had been there 4 years after the outbreak before Frank showed up
Bill could have kept back in his closet and kicked Frank out or shot him point blank lol
But he didn’t because they instantly started liking each other

If Frank was Francesca nobody would be hating the episode it’s legit only because two gay dudes from the game were gay on the tv show

Joel isn’t Hispanic and his daughter isn’t black in the game and they changed that too nobody complained :mjgrin:

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Bill could have kept back in his closet and kicked Frank out or shot him point blank lol
But he didn’t because they instantly started liking each other

If Frank was Francesca nobody would be hating the episode it’s legit only because two gay dudes from the game were gay on the tv show

Joel isn’t Hispanic and his daughter isn’t black in the game and they changed that too nobody complained :mjgrin:
If Frank was Francesca I still wouldn't give a fukk and would still call it an average episode. There's people calling this one of the greatest episodes of TV ever and that's bullshyt. That's only happening because of the gay storyline. If it was Bill and Francesca nobody would give a single fukk about this episode.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
What was excellent about it? I'm geniounly curious as to why people thought this was such a good episode.

Great storytelling and acting. The deviation from Bill in the game was great. It fleshed out his character a lot more and still made him connect with Joel to push the story forward. It’s gonna win awards.

The last of us is about people. The fungus/infected aren’t the focal point of the story. This episode perfectly captured that… People and how they interact with one another in a world filled with no hope.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
:huhldup:Say you like gay shyt without saying you like gay shyt.

Fam what? How old are you? Seriously. I watched the shyt with my woman (who played the game with me). Adults still getting bugged out because of same sex relations are hilarious. Again, how old are you? I called the episode excellent and in your mind all you thought about was if I enjoyed watching a gay relationship unfold or not? That’s all you got from the episode?

Try to be funny on the coli, but come off as a child, brehs

Suck yuh madda

Last edited: