'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

shonuff

All Star
Daps
You're acting like this was the series finale there's plenty of time for that fact to hit home with the characters. Bill's town was an outlier and they showed that in the same episode when Joel and Ellie come across the mass grave with a mother and child in it, people from Bill's very same town.
But thats the point Bills existence wasn't supposed to be an outlier - again thebmainissue is that it seems they changed it to pander and not be authentic to the rules of how the atmosphere of the story is supposed to work

If you say you're making a horror movie or a dramatic portrayal of a serious issue - sticking a happy musical dance number in the middle no matter how good that dance number is - it breaks the tone of then saying what you have that follows needs to be considered as serious ...

Doing Bill's story and making it redemptive instead of how it originally was supposed to be ...a tragedy - is something that should be debatable and not dismissed as being "homophobic" -

Daps
Frank sure was lucky the guy with a working shower, protected compound, cooking skills and guns up the wazoo also happened to be the love of his life :pachaha:
The gay post apocalyptic getting the bag

Dude stumbled upon a new wardrobe, 5 star cuisine, luxury accommodations, and mini concert. Bill was simping on the first date.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Who gives a fukk about the Bill and Ellie scene. Bill was a short-lived character in the grand scheme of things anyway. I'm aware that lots of live-action adaptation of media CHANGES THINGS from the original media. People think a couple who committed suicide was a happy ending? GTFOH
:umad:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
But thats the point Bills existence wasn't supposed to be an outlier - again thebmainissue is that it seems they changed it to pander and not be authentic to the rules of how the atmosphere of the story is supposed to work

If you say you're making a horror movie or a dramatic portrayal of a serious issue - sticking a happy musical dance number in the middle no matter how good that dance number is - it breaks the tone of then saying what you have that follows needs to be considered as serious ...

Doing Bill's story and making it redemptive instead of how it originally was supposed to be ...a tragedy - is something that should be debatable and not dismissed as being "homophobic" -

I don't know if you've played the games or not but the 1st game's DLC is going to be covered in this show. That will poke a hole in your argument that this particular type of story was done to pander, because it's source material.

The circumstances are still shyt in this world, most of humanity was wiped out. Bill and Frank's adaptation in this show doesn't change the whole atmosphere of the world around them, it's in a vacuum in the show's adaptation.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the episode would’ve been just as utterly ridiculous if it was a woman instead of a man who fell in that pit…but bcuz it was two gays everyone wants to pretend to be sensitive and act like it was such an “incredible” episode lol

I’m so fukking glad as hell the KC/cincy game was close and I read some early comments in here that made me lower my expectations bcuz this episode was hyped as fukk prior to airing
:dead:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
They were gay in the game lol
First, Druckman showed his hand with the LOU2, so you’re proving my point, really.
And, in the game their relationship was deeply flawed. You think they decided to change that for artistic reasons? Grow up.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
I don't know if you've played the games or not but the 1st game's DLC is going to be covered in this show. That will poke a hole in your argument that this particular type of story was done to pander, because it's source material.

The circumstances are still shyt in this world, most of humanity was wiped out. Bill and Frank's adaptation in this show doesn't change the whole atmosphere of the world around them, it's in a vacuum in the show's adaptation.
Uhhh well it should be very obvious that I did play the game becuase I'm contrasting what the game narrative was versus what the show narrative is ...

Yeh I know the DLC "prequel" is going to be an episode- depending on how they do it - it may be good or bad ...

IMO the story in the DLC is only good
becuase you've played (know) what the overall previous story is ...by showing the DLC during the main narrative i think it may make the overall conclusion to the main story hit different

shonuff

All Star
Daps
First, Druckman showed his hand with the LOU2, so you’re proving my point, really.
And, in the game their relationship was deeply flawed. You think they decided to change that for artistic reasons? Grow up.
thankyou - this is whats so crazy Bill and Frank's may have cared about each other...well really Bill cared about Frank ...but in the end - even at the moment of death - Frank HATED Bill

Making them "die" together loses the point about Bill being trapped by his mentality just like the traps he has all over the town

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The episode is being overrated because it was a gay love story. There was nothing special about their love story. And there was nothing special about the episode. Considering what just happened the episode before, why not show me a whole episode about Joel and Tess? Doesn't fit the agenda.
You legit missed the point if you didn’t pick up on the difference between Joel/Tess and bill/frank

Joel couldn’t even call Tess his partner. They were partners/lovers of circumstance. Bill and Frank loved each other fully. Joel loved Tess but never said it, never called him his partner, his girl, etc BECAUSE he lost his daughter so tragically. It’s why bill explictly told him to protect Tess by proxy Ellie who is closer to the daughter he lost than the partner Tess was. I get y’all nikkas homophobic but ignoring everything because two dudes kissed is s diservice

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thankyou - this is whats so crazy Bill and Frank's may have cared about each other...well really Bill cared about Frank ...but in the end - even at the moment of death - Frank HATED Bill

Making them "die" together loses the point about Bill being trapped by his mentality just like the traps he has all over the town
I think they changed it because every single story after this is as depressing or more

The ending will fukk everyone’s mind if they keep it the same