'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
We get it. You guys are super straight manly men, and definitely aren't gay. Do we really need to discuss how bothered you are by seeing gay people on TV for several pages? Gay people make you uncomfortable and insecure and that makes you feel you need to let everyone know that you are a straight man who likes women and definitely isn't one of the gays. Congratulations, good for you. We got it, and we can all move on now.

The entire sequence with Ron Swanson looting the town after the evacuation was piff. Never been so jealous of a character in a zombie apocalypse. I like how they showed that some people were able to carve out a relatively normal existence and it wasn't all doom and gloom. I'm not going to call it the best episode of TV ever, but I thought it was great. Although after seeing the twitter video of Bill and Ellie going at each other, I am a little bummed we didn't get to see that dynamic play out.
The controversy and increased internet traffic it creates is the why every show does it now. It's a marketing strategy.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
The controversy and increased internet traffic it creates is the why every show does it now. It's a marketing strategy.
Damn, I thought it was because gay people just actually exist.
We still trying to talk about this? There wouldn't be any controversy if we didn't have so many people clutching their pearls every time something, that they could literally walk down the street in any major city and see, happens on their TV . Who cares. Was it good TV or bad TV? I vote good.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Damn, I thought it was because gay people just actually exist.
We still trying to talk about this? There wouldn't be any controversy if we didn't have so many people clutching their pearls every time something, that they could literally walk down the street in any major city and see, happens on their TV . Who cares. Was it good TV or bad TV? I vote good.
I thought it was a great episode.
Doesnt change the fact that the negative outcry is the intended consequence.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My issue with the episode is how it isn’t based on any reality for the world the show has built.

If they want to have a gay love story, that’s their right, but to make it so they’re seemingly the only two people on earth who set up this perfect town free from all threats (except one) in 20 years just makes no sense.

There are army bases completely ran through and destroyed by zombies, but an entire town is peaceful enough to grow flowers, fruit, paint each other, and eat luxury meals without a care in the world for decades :bryan: , seemingly just because they’re gay and can put up a fence.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My issue with the episode is how it isn’t based on any reality for the world the show has built.

If they want to have a gay love story, that’s their right, but to make it so they’re seemingly the only two people on earth who set up this perfect town free from all threats (except one) in 20 years just makes no sense.

There are army bases completely ran through and destroyed by zombies, but an entire town is peaceful enough to grow flowers, fruit, paint each other, and eat luxury meals without a care in the world for decades :bryan: , seemingly just because they’re gay and can put up a fence.
They didn’t set up a perfect town free of threats
Did you need a montage of multiple infected getting caught in bulls traps to know how effective they were? Did you need more than one raider attacks to know they would get attacked? Also like Frank was saying they were built to survive but it took them focusing on shyt besides staying boarded up in bunkers to enjoy life even with infected and raiders potentially trying to get into their spot

It’s why at the end they have that new fence Joel helped them get, cars piled up, etc. I’ll agree with the homophobic brehs and say them showing implied head was extra but what replaces that? Infected montage blowing up in traps like the game? Multiple raiders trying to break in? It’s all nitpicking when the overall story is meant to be a breath a fresh air before we get into some of the most depressing stories of the game lol.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the episode would’ve been just as utterly ridiculous if it was a woman instead of a man who fell in that pit…but bcuz it was two gays everyone wants to pretend to be sensitive and act like it was such an “incredible” episode lol

I’m so fukking glad as hell the KC/cincy game was close and I read some early comments in here that made me lower my expectations bcuz this episode was hyped as fukk prior to airing

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idc about them expounding on the gay shyt, but I don’t like that they took away the character interaction btw Ellie and Bill. They actually managed to change how we view Bill and Frank, even with Frank never having a spoken line in the game. He killed himself specifically because he was sick of Bill, and Bill gave off the supreme idgaf energy.

I guess it could be the difference speaking with others about your SO, acting macho and shyt, vs being soft with her in private.

Last edited:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Who gives a fukk about the Bill and Ellie scene. Bill was a short-lived character in the grand scheme of things anyway. I'm aware that lots of live-action adaptation of media CHANGES THINGS from the original media. People think a couple who committed suicide was a happy ending? GTFOH

shonuff

All Star
Daps
They didn’t set up a perfect town free of threats
Did you need a montage of multiple infected getting caught in bulls traps to know how effective they were? Did you need more than one raider attacks to know they would get attacked? Also like Frank was saying they were built to survive but it took them focusing on shyt besides staying boarded up in bunkers to enjoy life even with infected and raiders potentially trying to get into their spot

It’s why at the end they have that new fence Joel helped them get, cars piled up, etc. I’ll agree with the homophobic brehs and say them showing implied head was extra but what replaces that? Infected montage blowing up in traps like the game? Multiple raiders trying to break in? It’s all nitpicking when the overall story is meant to be a breath a fresh air before we get into some of the most depressing stories of the game lol.
I disagree

the impression that your were supposed to get from this section of the game was that there WAS no escape from the world - none

This was the main reason that Bill was focused on instead of Frank - Bill was a survivor just like Joel - but Bill wasn't "free" he was just as trapped by his environment as people imprisoned in the QZ

as someone said earlier it completely changes the dynamic of the world that the show chose to show with Frank and Bill having "happy" moments living in a town and drinking wine and eating rabbits ??? - there was NO escape from the threats and this was a main source of the conflict between. Frank and Bill - Bill relished being undersiege and living his life since it was a fulfillment of his survivor mentality-

This is what Joel ( and by extension you as the player realizes...or you're supposed to realize ) that there isn't a "safe place" and the peril is losing who you were becuase of living in this environment of threats

This is ultimately why the game is named the last of us - becuase its a commentary on our aspirational life slowly being snuffed out by living with the immediacy of survival that this world exists in ...

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I disagree

the impression that your were supposed to get from this section of the game was that there WAS no escape from the world - none

This was the main reason that Bill was focused on instead of Frank - Bill was a survivor just like Joel - but Bill wasn't "free" he was just as trapped by his environment as people imprisoned in the QZ

as someone said earlier it completely changes the dynamic of the world that the show chose to show Frank and Bill having "happy" moments - there was NO escape from the threats and this was a main source of the conflict between. Frank and Bill - Bill relished being undersiege and living his life since it was a fulfillment of his survivor mentality-

This is what Joel ( and by extension you as the player realizes...or you're supposed to realize ) that there isn't a "safe place" and the peril is losing who you were becuase of living in this environment

This is ultimately why the game is named the last of us - becuase its a commentary on our aspirational life versus living with the immediacy of survival

You're acting like this was the series finale there's plenty of time for that fact to hit home with the characters. Bill's town was an outlier and they showed that in the same episode when Joel and Ellie come across the mass grave with a mother and child in it, people from Bill's very same town.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
The episode is being overrated because it was a gay love story. There was nothing special about their love story. And there was nothing special about the episode. Considering what just happened the episode before, why not show me a whole episode about Joel and Tess? Doesn't fit the agenda.