'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
We get it. You guys are super straight manly men, and definitely aren't gay. Do we really need to discuss how bothered you are by seeing gay people on TV for several pages? Gay people make you uncomfortable and insecure and that makes you feel you need to let everyone know that you are a straight man who likes women and definitely isn't one of the gays. Congratulations, good for you. We got it, and we can all move on now.

The entire sequence with Ron Swanson looting the town after the evacuation was piff. Never been so jealous of a character in a zombie apocalypse. I like how they showed that some people were able to carve out a relatively normal existence and it wasn't all doom and gloom. I'm not going to call it the best episode of TV ever, but I thought it was great. Although after seeing the twitter video of Bill and Ellie going at each other, I am a little bummed we didn't get to see that dynamic play out.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
And I wanna see if the people that were ok with this change, will keep that same energy when Henry and Sam end up with the same fate as the game. Cuz we know they not getting a happy ending :comeon:
I'm expecting their fate to remain the same but it actually wouldn't surprise me if it's changed..

As long as it's done well and makes sense :yeshrug:

It's weird seeing people saying how important bill's part was in the game.. I remember playing it thru the first time on here in the remaster thread and not seeing nearly as much clamor for Bill..

The winter section I believe was the most hyped section of the game followed by what's soon to come on the show..

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm expecting their fate to remain the same but it actually wouldn't surprise me if it's changed..

As long as it's done well and makes sense :yeshrug:

It's weird seeing people saying how important bill's part was in the game.. I remember playing it thru the first time on here in the remaster thread and not seeing nearly as much clamor for Bill..

The winter section I believe was the most hyped section of the game followed by what's soon to come on the show..

Bill was just one of those characters that resonated well with the main demo of the games at the time, for very good reason

• Dap
Reactions: 904

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I could see that and let me clarify. It's not Bill himself, but his importance to Joel and Ellie.. I just didn't feel like he had any affect on their relationship..

The entire section is summed up as, you meet crazy bill, he acts like a paranoid weirdo, he agrees to get you a car but you gotta trek across uncharted waters of his township to get a battery for it, you encounter a infected horde outside the school, go into the school, fight a bloater, find frank strung up like a christmas decoration and a note, find out bill is gay and alone, push the car while running from zombies, the end.

The meaningful interactions you get from that entire chapter is shown in the first 10-15 minutes of the episode, plus you get to see infection day so you get even more backstory about the world, joel, and Tess.

its ok, to say you didn’t like the ‘love story’ but to say they cut out significant story or character building is an absolute lie.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
As said in another thread:

The misdirect was such a great part of the episode. I was about to get upset at them showing them killing a black woman and her child. Not even sure they had to highlight it was her. All white ass neighborhood and they gotta zoom in on the black loss of life huh? :mjpls:

As soon as the dresser and stairs popped up I was like “fukk yea!”
The next 10-15 minutes of the episode of him running around town scavenging for supplies and slowly build up to his fortress was great tv.

The only part I hated about the big burly gay escapades …was Ron Swanson being so trusting initially. I just can’t believe he survived up until that point with no human interaction to the point that he’s willingly letting nikkas into his house allowing them to shower while he cooks a perfect steak. Seemed completely ridiculous to me.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
this gay shyt aint bothering me cause it's HBO, they gonna put in gay shyt in every one of their series, just deal with it
good episode :yeshrug: :dame:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
thankyou = yeh the whole vibe is out of place and it def feels /looks like a pandering filler episode ...which is not what their encounter will Bill is supposed to be and isnt how we are supposed to be vested in Bill

Bill despite his a$$hole-lishness as a character as a player youre like "fukk yeah " this is how i would do it" - handy with tools booby traps and supplies and thinking well ahead to keep yourself hidden and be prepared for just about anything conceivable - what young male player wouldnt want to be Bill?

and when his part is done and fully fleshed out - you find out he is gay .... and its a capstone not just on the story but also on the player IF they had any prejudices...this is way more effective since again it gets the viewer emotionally invested in the character
They did all this in the episode.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yup. This article kinda sums up with feelings with this episode

The full article contains some light spoilers regarding relationships in the 2nd game but it's worth a read and covers a lot of people's gripes with this episode.
Damn, that was a perfect summary of why episode three is trash. Fantastic critique.