'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I get it... We supposed to be against this shyt... Who cares though? Really? I'm a straight man who been smashing women all my life. I can watch a 90 tv show and be ok. Is it really that bad that people gotta turn off the whole ep and cancel the series over some gay shyt?
I’m not canceling the show but forgive me for not wanting to see two dudes kissing and fukking.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Well, I didn't expect this to be the battymon episode :dame:

With that said, it was a good episode but obviously filler.

I hope episode 4 gets the story back on track and we get some killing infected/clickers action going on.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Next episode they will likely go all in and have Joel fukking his brother.

And you’d have dudes in here saying they watched it and cried alongside their girlfriends at how beautiful the gay sex scenes were framed.
You know there a door handle on that closet door. Nobody thinking of that gay incest shyt but you :dahell: :hhh:

Last edited:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Yup. This article kinda sums up with feelings with this episode

The full article contains some light spoilers regarding relationships in the 2nd game but it's worth a read and covers a lot of people's gripes with this episode.

thankyou = yeh the whole vibe is out of place and it def feels /looks like a pandering filler episode ...which is not what their encounter will Bill is supposed to be and isnt how we are supposed to be vested in Bill

Bill despite his a$$hole-lishness as a character as a player youre like "fukk yeah " this is how i would do it" - handy with tools booby traps and supplies and thinking well ahead to keep yourself hidden and be prepared for just about anything conceivable - what young male player wouldnt want to be Bill?

and when his part is done and fully fleshed out - you find out he is gay .... and its a capstone not just on the story but also on the player IF they had any prejudices...this is way more effective since again it gets the viewer emotionally invested in the character

the world of TLOU is a fukked up world - there are no happy endings - for anyone - so showing this sort of milquetoast Torch Song Trilogy episode is just so out of place - it does nothing about developing the overall narrative of Bill and ellies relationship and their personal failings ...again Joel becomes a regulating force not just on ellie but also on BIll

by making just this episode about Bill and him finding purpose "just in time" it breaks the rhythm of really being and seeing Joel ( since really the show and the game is from his perspective ) -

the game divides Joels issues in each segment - Joels mercenary nature and how its fukked up his vapid life ( getting tess to the capital ) seeing himself in the future if he stays that way ( bill and his bunker city ) and his strained relationship with his brother ( the raiders and stalkers ) and finally him being saved by the person he is supposed to save ( the cold north ) this whole game mirrors his issues with his personal relationships and an alternate history of how shyt is for him ....

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
thankyou = yeh the whole vibe is out of place and it def feels /looks like a pandering filler episode ...which is not what their encounter will Bill is supposed to be and isnt how we are supposed to be vested in Bill

Bill despite his a$$hole-lishness as a character as a player youre like "fukk yeah " this is how i would do it" - handy with tools booby traps and supplies and thinking well ahead to keep yourself hidden and be prepared for just about anything conceivable - what young male player wouldnt want to be Bill?

and when his part is done and fully fleshed out - you find out he is gay .... and its a capstone not just on the story but also on the player IF they had any prejudices...this is way more effective since again it gets the viewer emotionally invested in the character

the world of TLOU is a fukked up world - there are no happy endings - for anyone - so showing this sort of milquetoast Torch Song Trilogy episode is just so out of place - it does nothing about developing the overall narrative of Bill and ellies relationship and their personal failings ...again Joel becomes a regulating force not just on ellie but also on BIll

by making just this episode about Bill and him finding purpose "just in time" it breaks the rhythm of really being and seeing Joel ( since really the show and the game is from his perspective ) -

the game divides Joels issues in each segment - Joels mercenary nature and how its fukked up his vapid life ( getting tess to the capital ) seeing himself in the future if he stays that way ( bill and his bunker city ) and his strained relationship with his brother ( the raiders and stalkers ) and finally him being saved by the person he is supposed to save ( the cold north ) this whole game mirrors his issues with his personal relationships and an alternate history of how shyt is for him ....
And I wanna see if the people that were ok with this change, will keep that same energy when Henry and Sam end up with the same fate as the game. Cuz we know they not getting a happy ending :comeon: