'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there's one complaint I have so far, is that in-game, Joel and Ellie did a lot of character and relationship building through their various encounters with the infected and such, and the show hasn't really found an effective way to replicate that effect..... but I guess that's to be expected considering the differences between the mediums and what not.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna say one last thing as someone who hated the episode.

I feel like this is gonna cheapen what happens with Sam and Henry. That was supposed to be one of the big emotional moments of the show. I don't even know how they can keep it the same after this Bill and Frank nonsense.

And if they change the Sam/Henry storyline, I really don't know what the hell they're going for. This was a dark themed game as is the sequel. If they lighten it up, that'll be a great disservice to what was a great story and a complete deviation.

I actually agree completely.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I'm gonna say one last thing as someone who hated the episode.

I feel like this is gonna cheapen what happens with Sam and Henry. That was supposed to be one of the big emotional moments of the show. I don't even know how they can keep it the same after this Bill and Frank nonsense.

And if they change the Sam/Henry storyline, I really don't know what the hell they're going for. This was a dark themed game as is the sequel. If they lighten it up, that'll be a great disservice to what was a great story and a complete deviation.
the Sam and Henry moment can still be emotional, just going in the opposite direction of Bill's episode.

And it's hard for me to call part 1 dark after playing part 2 lol

I think Neil said the theme of part 1 was finding love and part 2 was revenge based but I might be off with his wording..

I have a feeling the show is going to be tense from here on out though. shyt is about to crank up

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Gasoline only lasts 6 months tops. Realistically there shouldn't be any working vehicles in the present.
martin-this-is-tv.gif

The Observer

All Star
Daps
Well up until chapter 3, I was proudly showing my wife and kids the show. They love zombie joints and i curse a lot so it was no big deal.

But a 45 minute non-stop brokeback mountain episode threw the whole series away. My wife is not gonna let the kids watch anymore. shyt was ridiculously drawn out.

Also, wtf is the point of having a 45 minute backstory to a character YOU WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN AND HAS NO EFFECT ON THE STORY GOING FORWARD?

The episode can be summarized as "joel gets a car."
They just trying to push their agenda and brain wash the masses…..normalise this behaviour through popular media.

All the hype before it came out….talking about the best show ever and 9.5/10 critic reviews…..is looking very funny in the light :jbhmm:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bill was a savage. Wish we would’ve got more scenes of him just fukking people up and heheeeing about it. When that militia tried to infiltrate and they immediately got lit the fukk up literally, I was dying :heh:

I showed this ep to my normie wife who doesn’t game and she was in near tears by end and is probably gonna watch the whole season now. That’s who HBO was trying to reach with that ep.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
GOT had people getting decapitated, heads crushed like a watermelon, torture, and rape, yet no one bats an eye and talks about a "violence" agenda

Euphoria had a closeup of Sydney Sweeney's titties in every episode, yet there is no talk of an agenda.

Two dudes kissing, and all of a sudden there's an agenda?

Never grow up, Coli brehs :mjlol:
Lets be real, sex scenes in shows/movies for the most part are pointless. They usually are used to be get raunchy/circle jerk reactions or for fan service. This goes for hetero or homosexual scenes. Shows like Euphoria and Power for example, both had a lot of sex scenes and for a mature viewer it's not moving any needles, and rarely does it do anything for the story progression.

This episode showed a deep connection between Frank and Bill without the sex scene. The piano scene, the garden scene etc. We're adults, we get it. They were going all in for gay representation and showing what's traditionally been accepted on screen for heterosexual relationships and doing it with 2 men. HBO did the same thing with Lovecraft Country which had a scene in there that was clearly inserted to push the envelope.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well up until chapter 3, I was proudly showing my wife and kids the show. They love zombie joints and i curse a lot so it was no big deal.

But a 45 minute non-stop brokeback mountain episode threw the whole series away. My wife is not gonna let the kids watch anymore. shyt was ridiculously drawn out.

Also, wtf is the point of having a 45 minute backstory to a character YOU WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN AND HAS NO EFFECT ON THE STORY GOING FORWARD?

:picard:
How old are your kids?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

It's called filler. And as a bonus it gave them an excuse to add the gay agenda stuff.

Aint nothing new under the sun.