'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At the end of the day I'm just taking it for what it is, but as a game player sometimes certain things they're doing is a little jarring because you expect something else.
I’ve played both games multiple times and personally I like this version/story of Bill much much more….

He actually had some depth rather than a sarcastic prepper you meet for a small section of the game to introduce you to a new type of enemy and the nail bomb.

If they made Bill’s story this depressing, Sam and Henry is going to be very difficult to watch. I fukk with it, this shyt is great.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Very very curious to see how things are going to be with the next season and beyond.

The budget is already bananas for season 1 and season 2 will likely be bigger. I think about the jump from season 1 of Game of Thrones to the last one with how crazy it was cinematically.

I mentioned way earlier in the thread about the opposing factions that the second game has and how they can really expand on them. Looking forward to that.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Good episode...but I don't like the changes from the game on this one. There was enough there in Bill's story to tell it straight through. One of my favorite parts of the game were the interactions he had with Joel/Ellie and it's completely gone here. I also prefer Frank's more tragic story in the game :francis:
I agree with this.

The episode could have showed Frank and Bill's relationship and backstory and also picked up where the game left off IMO.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Alot of ya'll are weirdos.
who the fukk would wanna
watch a spot on duplicate of the damn
game.......play the damn game!!!!
UKVu0t8.gif

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Man this thread went to shyt about as fast as the damn infection spread. With the HOTD thread mods shut down all that talk about future characters and all other shyt not related to what we saw on tv real quick.

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
GOT had people getting decapitated, heads crushed like a watermelon, torture, and rape, yet no one bats an eye and talks about a "violence" agenda

Euphoria had a closeup of Sydney Sweeney's titties in every episode, yet there is no talk of an agenda.

Two dudes kissing, and all of a sudden there's an agenda?

Never grow up, Coli brehs :mjlol:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
One thing I will say though. People are too quick to call something filler. I think people often confuse filler with boring. If a lesson is learned, a point is being made, or something alters a character motive going forward etc. That's not filler imo. I didn't love this episode but it's not filler. Watch "Arrow on the Doorpost" or "Still" episodes from Walking Dead. THAT'S FILLER. You could remove those episodes during a binge watch and not miss a thing. Character's motives, mind state, all of the above are exactly what they were before the episode even started. If anything this episode was uninteresting maybe.
Bill left Joel all his artillery. Joel knows if ever a last resort for ammo. They can always try to check there if they need to.
It's rare but some filler episodes could actually be good/entertaining (Breaking Bad - The Fly, some Lost, and Mr. Robot episodes).

TLOU is about making people FEEL. That's mostly why the series always divides the fanbase on every little thing. Sometimes to make people feel it takes a long long time (no pun intended). The viewer/gamer gets so heavily invested because of spending these long amount of times with these character's and them being well written. As much as I wish they could have achieved what they set out to do this episode in a much quicker time (since they clearly decided to say fukk Bill's Town from the game). I understand that it wouldn't have hit the same for those who did loved the episode.

One thing about TLOU series. It's going to make you feel some kind of way. Good or bad.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm gonna say one last thing as someone who hated the episode.

I feel like this is gonna cheapen what happens with Sam and Henry. That was supposed to be one of the big emotional moments of the show. I don't even know how they can keep it the same after this Bill and Frank nonsense.

And if they change the Sam/Henry storyline, I really don't know what the hell they're going for. This was a dark themed game as is the sequel. If they lighten it up, that'll be a great disservice to what was a great story and a complete deviation.

Last edited:

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well up until chapter 3, I was proudly showing my wife and kids the show. They love zombie joints and i curse a lot so it was no big deal.

But a 45 minute non-stop brokeback mountain episode threw the whole series away. My wife is not gonna let the kids watch anymore. shyt was ridiculously drawn out.

Also, wtf is the point of having a 45 minute backstory to a character YOU WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN AND HAS NO EFFECT ON THE STORY GOING FORWARD?

The episode can be summarized as "joel gets a car."