'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Common sense. Who else but the loyal fans were they supposed to have in mind when adapting the game into a show?
Obviously it's their IP and they can take any risks or liberties they want but from a hardcore gaming fan perspective, calling this good could be considered a big reach.

This was essentially brokeback mountain whereas in the game it was something completely different.

It's not a "homophobia thing". It's a "this didn't happen thingYou bought a game and you got what you paid for.
What makes you a “loyal” fan?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you really need the gist of what I'm saying spoon-fed to you?
You feel entitled to consideration on how the show adapts the game because you are a “loyal” fan. So I’m just trying to understand what makes you a loyal fan.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
You feel entitled to consideration on how the show adapts the game because you are a “loyal” fan. So I’m just trying to understand what makes you a loyal fan.

I take it you haven't played the games? When I say loyal fans I mean the people who have been around since day 1 and made the series the success it is today.

They want the characters and story they've grown to love adapted faithfully and how they remember. Doesn't even have to be 1:1, just close enough.

Episode 3 with Bill is the opposite of what the original was and what people were expecting. You might understand that if you played the game and were a fan.

So yeah, you could call it expectation based entitlement.

At the end of the day I'm just taking it for what it is, but as a game player sometimes certain things they're doing is a little jarring because you expect something else.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I take it you haven't played the games? When I say loyal fans I mean the people who have been around since day 1 and made the series the success it is today.

They want the characters and story they've grown to love adapted faithfully and how they remember. Doesn't even have to be 1:1, just close enough.

Episode 3 with Bill is the opposite of what the original was and what people were expecting. You might understand that if you played the game and were a fan.

So yeah, you could call it expectation based entitlement.

At the end of the day I'm just taking it for what it is, but as a game player sometimes certain things they're doing is a little jarring because you expect something else.
Did you enjoy TLOU part 2 story?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Episode was super divisive looking around the web. How much of the first games success / story was really due to druckman?

Because what we're getting with the show (at least episode 3) and what the game was are pretty different.

Bill and Frank's arc (Frank really didn't have one fr) has been totally retconned.

The TV show is supposed to be a faithful love letter to the fans of the game, so they got to know how much of a fan favorite bill and his part in the game was. What they did here was something else entirely. Almost a slap in the face.
No it isn’t.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ll never understand people wanting the show to be exactly like the game, the game exist and its so high fidelity and so well acted it kind of lives on its own.

I’ve played the game a bunch of times, i want some surprises. This episode while not my favorite, did well in subverting my expectations.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
In the middle of watching the ep. And now I’m posting on the coli, they really did hurt the momentum of the show/episode with how slow paced this ep is

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I’ll never understand people wanting the show to be exactly like the game, the game exist and its so high fidelity and so well acted it kind of lives on its own.

I’ve played the game a bunch of times, i want some surprises. This episode while not my favorite, did well in subverting my expectations.
It's not a bad episode. It's well acted and shot, I'm just saying I would have preferred the ragtag trio surviving against bloaters and the infected horde in the city as opposed to a heartfelt love story