'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Episode was super divisive looking around the web. How much of the first games success / story was really due to druckman?

Because what we're getting with the show (at least episode 3) and what the game was are pretty different.

Bill and Frank's arc (Frank really didn't have one fr) has been totally retconned.

The TV show is supposed to be a faithful love letter to the fans of the game, so they got to know how much of a fan favorite bill and his part in the game was. What they did here was something else entirely. Almost a slap in the face.

Yeah Bill, Joel, and Ellie searching for the battery and running into the infected was a significant part of the game. To avoid that completely and have Joel, Ellie and Bill never even meet was a significant change.

Did they give a rational reason for why they refused to film that?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

This is the main reason I didn't like the changes they made. The banter between those two characters was so entertaining, it would have been cool to see in live action.

Plus, Bill & Frank's meeting and later relationship did not feel very authentic to me. It's supposed to be twenty years, but there's a disconnect for me when you try to express that in an hour, I don't know. And some scenes, like them being in bed together, were difficult to watch for obvious reasons. But yall and your whole "alphabet gang agenda" conspircy people have got to let that shyt go. Gay people exist IRL and in TLOU world. There's nothing wrong with telling a story from their prespective, and you don't have the right to never see something uncomfortable.

That being said, they took what would have been part of a DLC and made it basically a whole episode. I'm not a huge fan.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Breh my girl was crying like a goddamn baby. She was liking the show before this episode but she got so invested in that shyt and the end had her a mess lol

:wow:

I bet this episode really hit for a certain type of viewer...

Someone who had to watch someone very close to them deteriorate.

Or someone who has had to contemplate euthanasia for themselves.

I can't even imagine...

:sadcam:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:camby: shyt was trash.

Whether you think it was good or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making.

Which is that The Walking Dead (one the biggest and most recent tv shows) focused on the human element rather than the zombies, this show doing it which it shares the same genre with is not doing anything groundbreaking like that poster tried to suggest.

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I ain’t even mad at the changes but I just can’t believe they delayed the MP for that bullshyt uncharted movie and this.

None of these people liking that episode about to be online fukking the game which I would think is the real money maker.

How you going to let BMF put in more work with a 2x4 than Joel on the episode about Bills town is beyond me.

I think the first episode was better the game so I ain’t about to completely bail on this but I’d be lying if I didn’t think black summer did a better job at capturing that Tlou feel with a Netflix budget than this is doing.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
No

There's a whole thing in making screenplay and movies that its better to show a thing rather than have a character "say" it .

By showing it you allow the viewer to be more engaged and make connections about the story so your narrative flows better

Bill being gay and living a full life wasn't supposed to be the point made to Joel - Bills stubbornness and selfishness unwillingness to recognize anyone else's needs other than his own is what is supposed to change Joel and push him closer to opening up to Ellie because that's how Joel has lived his life since his daughter died.

And this is a double edged thing since Joels willingness to be selfish or recognize needs other than his comes right back at him later ...

TLOU isn't just about this world collapsing and the fungus taking over - its ultimately about the choices ppl make when it comes to love..and loss.

Nail on the head right here.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Yeah Bill, Joel, and Ellie searching for the battery and running into the infected was a significant part of the game. To avoid that completely and have Joel, Ellie and Bill never even meet was a significant change.

Did they give a rational reason for why they refused to film that?
What works in a game doesn't necessarily translate well to live action, and vice versa.

They took spores out of the show and replaced it with a fungus hive mind for this reason.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
They dumb as fukk for not releasing the PC port earlier with the show..........but I still can't wait to play it. It's been years since I've played it. It's been so long I didnt even remember Bill from the game and thought he was pose to be someone else.

Then saw the clip of how he was ingame on twitter was like.........o yea, I remember that dude :lolbron:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
No

There's a whole thing in making screenplay and movies that its better to show a thing rather than have a character "say" it .

By showing it you allow the viewer to be more engaged and make connections about the story so your narrative flows better

Bill being gay and living a full life wasn't supposed to be the point made to Joel - Bills stubbornness and selfishness unwillingness to recognize anyone else's needs other than his own is what is supposed to change Joel and push him closer to opening up to Ellie because that's how Joel has lived his life since his daughter died.

And this is a double edged thing since Joels willingness to be selfish or recognize needs other than his comes right back at him later ...

TLOU isn't just about this world collapsing and the fungus taking over - its ultimately about the choices ppl make when it comes to love..and loss.
I wouldn't say that's what happened in the game. Bill didn't really have any affect on Joel in the game imo

They went their separate ways and Joel was able to get a truck out of the situation. There was no revelation made by Joel from Bill.