'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Starski

Superstar
Daps
That was a great episode :mjcry:
For real

And I would say I get it but damn :dead:

There was one shirtless scene… y’all ever been in a gym locker room and then one kiss scene.

Reading this thread I woulda thought the most :what: shyt was going on….

And the backstory to the letter made the whole “me and you, we are here for a purpose, we have a job” part of the letter MUCH more powerful.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
:dame: but this was cool. I like that the show is trying to carve out its own lane a bit. I respect it.
Nah. Its predictable.

Producers: What are we missing here?

Writers: Faggets?

Producer: Yes! Jesus christ we almost forgot. Wheres the check list!? Who the fukk didn't check off the gay sex storyline to be included?! Heads are gonna roll!
Phew, that was close.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much of the first games success / story was really due to druckman?

Because what we're getting with the show (at least episode 3) and what the game was are pretty different.

Bill and Frank's arc (Frank really didn't have one fr) has been totally retconned.

The TV show is supposed to be a faithful love letter to the fans of the game, so they got to know how much of a fan favorite bill and his part in the game was. What they did here was something else entirely. Almost a slap in the face.
They includes Druckman, who is the show runner.

Druckman said from the jump that there would be some changes to the show, either to include stuff they thought about doing in the game or to better fit a tv format.

This was never presented as a 1:1 remake of the game.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode was super divisive looking around the web. How much of the first games success / story was really due to druckman?

Because what we're getting with the show (at least episode 3) and what the game was are pretty different.

Bill and Frank's arc (Frank really didn't have one fr) has been totally retconned.

The TV show is supposed to be a faithful love letter to the fans of the game, so they got to know how much of a fan favorite bill and his part in the game was. What they did here was something else entirely. Almost a slap in the face.

According to who? The show needs to be good. All that other shyt is fans in their feelings.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Someone on resetera said "Anyone not moved by this[episode] has either never been in love or is a massive homophobe." :gucci:
Like why cant the episode just be good but overhyped as hell. Then the "best episode of tv ever" takes are trash as hell too. BCS, Andor, and Severance from this year alone gets this episode up outta here.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
According to who? The show needs to be good. All that other shyt is fans in their feelings.

Common sense. Who else but the loyal fans were they supposed to have in mind when adapting the game into a show?

Obviously it's their IP and they can take any risks or liberties they want but from a hardcore gaming fan perspective, calling this good could be considered a big reach.

This was essentially brokeback mountain whereas in the game it was something completely different.

It's not a "homophobia thing". It's a "this didn't happen thing".