'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]

not looking forward to this AT ALL

haaricht-black.gif

:sadbron:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
. She's a flight attendant, enjoy coli wolves

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Honestly, we’ve seen that in every zombie piece of art. Everyone was talking about what would set this apart from the genre and it’s really nailing shyt like this. The human element and the world building…

Y'all talk like The Walking Dead tv show doesn't exist and that it didn't already do this :mjlol:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
I had the :russ: when Ellie was opening and closing drawers for about 15 seconds last night.

I used to hate the world and I was happy when everyone died. But I was wrong. Because there was one person worth saving. That's what I did: I saved him. And I protected him. That's why men like you and me are here: We have a job to do. And God help any motherfukkers who stand in our way.

You don't think that did it?
No

There's a whole thing in making screenplay and movies that its better to show a thing rather than have a character "say" it .

By showing it you allow the viewer to be more engaged and make connections about the story so your narrative flows better

Bill being gay and living a full life wasn't supposed to be the point made to Joel - Bills stubbornness and selfishness unwillingness to recognize anyone else's needs other than his own is what is supposed to change Joel and push him closer to opening up to Ellie because that's how Joel has lived his life since his daughter died.

And this is a double edged thing since Joels willingness to be selfish or recognize needs other than his comes right back at him later ...

TLOU isn't just about this world collapsing and the fungus taking over - its ultimately about the choices ppl make when it comes to love..and loss.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Episode was super divisive looking around the web. How much of the first games success / story was really due to druckman?

Because what we're getting with the show (at least episode 3) and what the game was are pretty different.

Bill and Frank's arc (Frank really didn't have one fr) has been totally retconned.

The TV show is supposed to be a faithful love letter to the fans of the game, so they got to know how much of a fan favorite bill and his part in the game was. What they did here was something else entirely. Almost a slap in the face.