'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I should clarify and say that I still would not have cared about a straight couple getting their story fleshed out over an entire episode either...

Well acted, but I'm capitivated by romance in a post apocolyptic show where there's hella unanswered questions about shyt that develops the story. I just thought they couldn't wrapped this up much quicker, but of course critics will eat that shyt up so the writers have to play that game to keep drawing ppl in that aren't just interested in zombies and mayhem.

Would've been more interesting to see the families getting rounded up and lied to by FEDRA, or more about that Indonesian scientist, etc.

Obviously going to keep watching, but I couldn't have skipped that episode and not missed anything besides Joel & Ellie getting a car battery lol
Honestly, we’ve seen that in every zombie piece of art. Everyone was talking about what would set this apart from the genre and it’s really nailing shyt like this. The human element and the world building…

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So they took the "Bill's Town" section of the game, which is top 2 or 3 parts of the game, and used it to tell a backstory about Bill and his gay lover? :gucci:

And Joel and Ellie didn't even interact with Bill? :gucci:

Low key just thought I'd be able to watch a show where everything wasn't sexualized. I'm sure they'll lean heavy into the DLC aspect of the game and Season 2 gonna be filled with that shyt. Damn shame.

It was a top 2 or 3 section of the game because of the infected encounters not story elements, the show ain’t gonna be like the game where every episode has a mandatory 10-15 minute shoot out with infected or military

Bill barley got any story in the game. The most we know from him is left in a note and stuff we find around town, which you can’t really do in tv

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
So they took the "Bill's Town" section of the game, which is top 2 or 3 parts of the game, and used it to tell a backstory about Bill and his gay lover? :gucci:

And Joel and Ellie didn't even interact with Bill? :gucci:

Low key just thought I'd be able to watch a show where everything wasn't sexualized. I'm sure they'll lean heavy into the DLC aspect of the game and Season 2 gonna be filled with that shyt. Damn shame.

Honestly Bill’s town as presented in the game would be just like what we just experienced with Tess only instead of a mass runner boss fight it’s a bloater.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs got a point, tho. What are the chances that the last two gay nikkas on Earth found each other?

This is retarded. They aren’t the last two gay dudes on earth. There are literally community/settlements that can be classed as “villages” that still function societally in the last of us world <- that will come later.

There are also quarantine zones with hundreds/thousands of people. There are raider groups etc

Some of these guys are bound to have never stepped foot in Harlem :yeshrug:

Although, like I said before, they were trying to sell this love story but Frank came off like an opportunist to me. Bill was a poorly adjusted middle aged loner - damn near virgin. That dude Frank didn’t want to go back in the world and decided to introduce him to Babylon just so he could enjoy the comforts. Frank is pretty much Gator Reloaded or Cozy Carl of Coli persuasion

:mjlol:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Offerman killed it. When he was crying like a baby when he couldn’t swallow losing Frank was gut wrenching. That was a beautifully well done love story.
Even the piano scene where we were slowly learning what was going on was magnificent.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
That dude Frank didn’t want to go back in the world and decided to introduce him to Babylon just so he could enjoy the comforts. Frank is pretty much Gator Reloaded or Cozy Carl of Coli persuasion

:mjlol:

Frank watching Bill play the piano like
FhjTSiT_d.webp

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
If this episode triggered you, then you need to stop the show entirely because you're going to have an aneurysm in season 2 :mjlol:
And I'd have no problem throwing this show in the bushes
I fast forwarded like a mf through this episode...my watch time was probably about 25 minutes
Had my nikka Ron Swanson picking strawberries all googly eyed :camby: