'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
this newest episode was EXCELLENT. gay or not. shyt was :fire:

I don't remember any of this from the video game. can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?
All of this was hinted at in the game. Through letters, and comments while exploring with Bill. Frank is also in the game, he hangs himself, and you find his suicide note, and then give it to Bill... Its all optional and missable, if you dont explore.

ADHD gamers who just run through every section missed a lot in that game

all of itcan be seen in that vid

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
This was the gayest shyt I've ever seen :dame:

But it was great. Best episode by far. I'm glad they're going off the beaten path and adding more lore and context to what happened in the game. I don't want to just rewatch IRL versions of cutscenes I already know.

The transitions to the mass grave, to Bill's flashback of FEDRA rounding up civilians, to his whole 20 years of survival then back to Joel and Ellie was dope asf. I like that they gave him a redneck conspiracy theorist side to his prepper personality, it fits perfectly.

Hope they do more of this back and forth between day 1 of the pandemic and current times. That'll distinguish it more from other zombie shows.

This got me really looking forward to see what they do with
Sam and Henry
. I hope we get a deep dive of their experience of the same significance.

Superstar
Daps
There's a (pretty fun) section of the game where you get to Bill's neighborhood. There's no mention of Fred, though. I think they just made him up for the tv show.

Frank is there, he’s just dead. Bill mentions him and you find notes from Frank in the neighborhood. Eventually you find his body too. He just grew to hate bill so much that he tried to leave. The show gave him a life and the story a more positive spin.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Gay filler episodes :scust:

The fact that they had to ambush you with it is how you know it’s Agenda driven bullshyt. You think you’re getting a Zombie/infected show but then out of fukking nowhere it turns into Brokeback mountain with a zombie/infected backdrop :scust:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Frank is there, he’s just dead. Bill mentions him and you find notes from Frank in the neighborhood. Eventually you find his body too. He just grew to hate bill so much that he tried to leave. The show gave him a life and the story a more positive spin.
Good post, I had forgotten about all of that.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
So they took the "Bill's Town" section of the game, which is top 2 or 3 parts of the game, and used it to tell a backstory about Bill and his gay lover? :gucci:

And Joel and Ellie didn't even interact with Bill? :gucci:

Low key just thought I'd be able to watch a show where everything wasn't sexualized. I'm sure they'll lean heavy into the DLC aspect of the game and Season 2 gonna be filled with that shyt. Damn shame.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I liked last night's episode, except for one thing: Frank was kind of an a$$hole. From the beginning, Bill spared Frank's life and gave Frank clothes & a meal. Frank used up all of Bill's hot water, ate his food without offering to pay or clean dishes, and then took it upon himself to mess with Bill's rare baby grand piano. Then, after Frank got the bussy, he told Bill that he was moving in. Bill had way too many guns to let a hobosexual tell him that his house was now THEIR house!
Frank always made Bill cook, Frank was rude to Bill in Front of company, and Frank chose what color to paint Bill's house. If they were in prison, Frank would've made Bill wash his draws and hold his pocket.
Video game Bill would've been shot that dude!
:camby:
Lol I agree :mjlol: I was like how you're gonna let Another Man come to your crib, eat your food, boss you around and turn you out? :dame:

Dude was giving orders and wouldn't even say please

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
All of this was hinted at in the game. Through letters, and comments while exploring with Bill. Frank is also in the game, he hangs himself, and you find his suicide note, and then give it to Bill... Its all optional and missable, if you dont explore.

ADHD gamers who just run through every section missed a lot in that game

all of itcan be seen in that vid

never played the game I’m on yt watching the full playthrough :skip:

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the zombies in the walking dead can't cause a societal collapse. A single police department can handle that sht.

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
Brehs got a point, tho. What are the chances that the last two gay nikkas on Earth found each other?