'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's a (pretty fun) section of the game where you get to Bill's neighborhood. There's no mention of Fred, though. I think they just made him up for the tv show.
It’s a lot of mentioning of Frank you find him hanging in a house. He also left bill a note that Joel omits shyt he said because Frank ended up hating bill in the game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
did we play different games???

I think the fact is some of yall are forgetting ellie was played by a 30 year old woman in the game, so of course she came off as much bigger than life personality. Its different to have an adult acting like kid than a kid playing someone their own age. Bella so far has been killing it, outside of her Brit accent slipping so frequently.

Also the section with Bill in the game is action heavy as shyt, It’s basically one infected encounter to the next, looking for the engine. theres really not a lot of good tv material there, this show isn’t the walking dead where they are just gonna be fighting zombies for an hour.

Neil Druckmann said when they created last of us and uncharted the premise of the games for them was always simple story, complex characters. You can’t really write action/zombie plots to be vastly different than what we’ve got over the last 50 years but you can write unique and dynamic character stories in those worlds.

Thats what they’re doing with the show and thats what is going to ultimately separate it from stuff like the walking dead. Anyone hoping for big crazy plot twist aren’t watching the right show

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I liked last night's episode, except for one thing: Frank was kind of an a$$hole. From the beginning, Bill spared Frank's life and gave Frank clothes & a meal. Frank used up all of Bill's hot water, ate his food without offering to pay or clean dishes, and then took it upon himself to mess with Bill's rare baby grand piano. Then, after Frank got the bussy, he told Bill that he was moving in. Bill had way too many guns to let a hobosexual tell him that his house was now THEIR house!
Frank always made Bill cook, Frank was rude to Bill in Front of company, and Frank chose what color to paint Bill's house. If they were in prison, Frank would've made Bill wash his draws and hold his pocket.
Video game Bill would've been shot that dude!
:camby:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked last night's episode, except for one thing: Frank was kind of an a$$hole. From the beginning, Bill spared Frank's life and gave Frank clothes & a meal. Frank used up all of Bill's hot water, ate his food without offering to pay or clean dishes, and then took it upon himself to mess with Bill's rare baby grand piano. Then, after Frank got the bussy, he told Bill that he was moving in. Bill had way too many guns to let a hobosexual tell him that his house was now THEIR house!
Frank always made Bill cook, Frank was rude to Bill in Front of company, and Frank chose what color to paint Bill's house. If they were in prison, Frank would've made Bill wash his draws and hold his pocket.
Video game Bill would've been shot that dude!
:camby:

Frank on his hobosexual shyt, city boys.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
did we play different games???
Bella is playing Ellie as more 14 imo... She's playing up the annoying 14 year old girl moreso than in the game.
an episode similar to that with Joel and Tess finding love would have been terrible b/c Anna Torv is an android. i don't think I'd buy Pedro Pascal as a man deeply in love either.
Well Joel can't show that type of emotion. He's still fukked up over his daughter and Tess never got through on that level with him.. I don't blame Torv for the way she played Tess.. I think she was written that way, to have given up on getting an emotional connection out of Joel..
Right? Crazy.

As someone who played the games like 3 times, this is pretty much how I expected an adaptation would go, and they killed it. Wasn't the greatest episode of TV in the history of the world like it was hyped up to be, but this was still very good.

But some people are really... into how not into the relationship was depicted, but let me not go there...

127198101_tq4v7g1.png
I called this shyt pages back lol

I knew by the acclaim that this episode was getting for Bill and Frank and it being described as "human" that it was going to be very gay:russ:

They haven't missed yet though

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
an episode similar to that with Joel and Tess finding love would have been terrible b/c Anna Torv is an android. i don't think I'd buy Pedro Pascal as a man deeply in love either.
i think the character was written/directed shyttily bc anna torv was excellent in secret city and mindhunter. fiytb :dahell:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i think the character was written/directed shyttily bc anna torv was excellent in secret city and mindhunter. fiytb :dahell:
Anna Torv has been an android in everything she's been in. stoic, boring, looks like she's incapable of smiling. going back to Fringe to Manhunter to this. she's a 1 note actress.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The episode was mid to me too, mostly because I found it boring, the dynamic between Bill and Ellie in the game was more entertaining, and I wish the sequence with the raiders was a bit longer, but I always find the “didn’t advance” the story criticism to be lazy.

Since when does every episode need to advance the story to be decent/good? I feel the criticism is a symptom of shorter attention spans

Developing side characters and branching out from the main story beat is how you create compelling worlds

:hubie: