'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Brehs...episode 3 wasn't it...at all...and it wasn't just the completely unnessary homo ish...the story didn't get andvanced at all.

Couldn't done without any of that unnecessary 'character development'...especially since they're now dead...could've wrapped up that whole story with a couple pieces of dialogue:

"These are two guys that are well prepared...they helped me out..."
"oh damn they dead it seems...but we inherited the supplies we need"
*hops in the truck and story progresses*

...BOOM! that could've been a 4 min scene right there.

No wonder critics overhyping this ish...b/c it fits their hollywood gay ass agenda :scust: I'mma keep it real...it was about 8/10 before episode3 but now it's dragged down to 7/10 or 6.5 :scust: waste of fukkingtime... Euphoria killin this ish so far

Ol Boy lookin like he caught that monster too :dame:

exactly
this episode could have been top notch if they eliminated, or at least kept that gay shyt to a minimum - the truth is Bill story is only about him being an a$$hole survivalist whom, didn’t want to leave his community, so he built up a perimeter with a bunch of booby traps to keep out Raiders and the infected.

with that said, I don’t even have a problem with them bringing Frank into Bill’s life because him being a loner, and finally having somebody with him could really add context to his character. My issue is all the intimacy scenes that was clearly unnecessarily, and then we all know the agenda. I find it interesting that Joel and Tess had no intimacy scenes between them, and we all know Tess is one of the strongest characters in this story. which I believe they dropped the ball, because when she got infected and gave her life up to protect Joel and Ellie it really didn’t come off as significant if HBO would’ve delve more deep into her relationship with Joel.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Reading about what y'all like about this episode is more impactful than watching the episode for me :patrice:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
have a feeling i'm gonna be comparing this episode to the Mandalorian episodes of Boba Fett in the end. i liked it as a contained story more than the trek across the zombie wasteland stuff that i know is coming.

i always enjoy the "fun" scenes in dystopian movies. the end of act 1, start of act 2 stuff. the raiding of the shelves. building of the fortress. the reconnecting with shyt you took for granted and finding absolute joy in it, etc. obviously that can't be the entire story, but it's much more interesting than "i am angry man with gun! and i am mindless zombie!"

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I find it interesting that Joel and Tess had no intimacy scenes between them, and we all know Tess is one of the strongest characters in this story. which I believe they dropped the ball, because when she got infected and gave her life up to protect Joel and Ellie it really didn’t come off as significant if HBO would’ve delve more deep into her relationship with Joel.

That's a great point, b/c I never played the game, so to me Tess was just kind of a random character that was there for 2 episodes and then gone, so I didn't feel any of Joel's pain when he's like "Don't ever bring up Tess, ever!" Maybe they'll show some flashbacks & such, but at the time I had no idea they were that close, to me it just felt like they went on smuggling runs together.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
an episode similar to that with Joel and Tess finding love would have been terrible b/c Anna Torv is an android. i don't think I'd buy Pedro Pascal as a man deeply in love either.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Phenomenal episode. Great storytelling and even better acting.

My lady was sobbing when Frank laid out the plan for his last day. Very well done :wow:
Breh my girl was crying like a goddamn baby. She was liking the show before this episode but she got so invested in that shyt and the end had her a mess lol

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
That's a great point, b/c I never played the game, so to me Tess was just kind of a random character that was there for 2 episodes and then gone, so I didn't feel any of Joel's pain when he's like "Don't ever bring up Tess, ever!" Maybe they'll show some flashbacks & such, but at the time I had no idea they were that close, to me it just felt like they went on smuggling runs together.
i would hope they focus on joel and Tess relations seeing how they gave us a whole filler episode on Bill and Frank

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Y'all are really homophobic lmao :skip:
That was a fantastic episode, goddamn:wow:

Right? Crazy.

As someone who played the games like 3 times, this is pretty much how I expected an adaptation would go, and they killed it. Wasn't the greatest episode of TV in the history of the world like it was hyped up to be, but this was still very good.

But some people are really... into how not into the relationship was depicted, but let me not go there...

127198101_tq4v7g1.png

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
did we play different games???

Apparently. If we did not, then you're not watching the same show as me. Bella has Ellie's attitude & cadence down. Someone earlier in the thread posted the hotel scene with Ellie pretending to check in, and it was spot on to Ellie's acting in the game. Her sarcasm as Ellie is spot on too. We haven't seen her in trouble yet, so we can reserve judgment on that. But there's been 3 episodes, and we've only really had Ellie for maybe 1.75 episodes of it. Just weird to complain about that.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
this newest episode was EXCELLENT. gay or not. shyt was :fire:

I don't remember any of this from the video game. can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?
There's a (pretty fun) section of the game where you get to Bill's neighborhood. There's no mention of Fred, though. I think they just made him up for the tv show.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this newest episode was EXCELLENT. gay or not. shyt was :fire:

I don't remember any of this from the video game. can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?
It was all implied in the game but they changed like three main things
We never see or meet Frank alive. Him and bill don’t kill they selves only Frank does after being bitten. Frank and Bill grew apart and hated each other after the years. It’s more sad tragedy than beautiful like the show. It’s more of a happy ending for them in the show versus a sad survival tale for bill in the gsme