'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sooo, I watched it and since this is a no spoilers thread I can't go in depth why but I gave it a 6.5 out of 10. It feels like something I've seen so many times before? The Road immediately came to mind. 25th hour. It's a pretty well established genre at this point. Sad dad? I dunno maybe I've been spoiled by Harper and Eleven's chemistry in Stranger Things but it didn't grab me. We'll see how things develop but next Game of Thrones is pretty lofty ambitions.

HBO's walking dead should prove plenty popular enough combined with the built in audience from the game itself.

We'll round that 6.5 up to 7. I thought the first half was really well done with the camera shots (not as good as Children of Men) but a pretty tight claustrophobic ride that didn't turn away.

7/10.

@Gizmo_Duck

Xbots :mjlol:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah u quoted me... very upset.. that's how it went :mjlol: we're all having fun and u came in grouchy Lmao

Other than me quoting you, literally nothing about this is true lol you’ll just have to accept that I don’t believe you were joking like you want everyone to think lol :youngsabo:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even that doesnt make sense because it makes it seem like if you ate bread on Tuesday you get infected but if you ate it on Monday you are good. Like folks are seriously saying because Joel didnt buy a cake that day he missed the infection, like he wouldnt have had a sandwich/cereal/rice/pizza/burger/etc... the day before or some time later. Also it seems like the flour connection is something that would have been picked up on EARLY and they woulda put a stop to those shipments.

But whatever.
Well we know the Indonesia incident happened sometime around September 22-23 2003 (30 hours before the mycologist was brought in) therefore the flour was already fukked by then and most likely before so it reaching other areas of the world 2-3 days later would make sense because episode 1 took place on September 26th 2003. Also I don't think there was any indication that Indonesia knew it was actually in or could be in the flour itself, by the time they brought the mycologist in to test the human it was already too late, with 14 other employees infected) so could they have stopped all shipments by then? well after she said to bomb the city I'm sure everything stopped that day. Now if you want to get into people eating bread, cookies or any other flour products after the world started going to shyt sure I'm betting theoretically it did happen but its not really important. 20 years later and more than likely they grow their own supply of food and what not so its not like people will still be turning from left over bread from that specific Indonesian factory.

Again this is just relative to when it reached Joel and them in Austin, we have no idea when this hit other places in the world nor would anybody have time to understand it.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Well we know the Indonesia incident happened sometime around September 22-23 2003 (30 hours before the mycologist was brought in) therefore the flour was already fukked by then and most likely before so it reaching other areas of the world 2-3 days later would make sense because episode 1 took place on September 26th 2003. Also I don't think there was any indication that Indonesia knew it was actually in or could be in the flour itself, by the time they brought the mycologist in to test the human it was already too late, with 14 other employees infected) so could they have stopped all shipments by then? well after she said to bomb the city I'm sure everything stopped that day. Now if you want to get into people eating bread, cookies or any other flour products after the world started going to shyt sure I'm betting theoretically it did happen but its not really important. 20 years later and more than likely they grow their own supply of food and what not so its not like people will still be turning from left over bread from that specific Indonesian factory.

Again this is just relative to when it reached Joel and them in Austin, we have no idea when this hit other places in the world nor would anybody have time to understand it.

What im saying is that for the infection to spread from flour to the point where everyone in the world is fukked up it needed to be in EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE FOR A LONG TIME. I dont know, maybe because im connected to baked goods production and logistics its sticking with me too much. You wouldnt miss an infection because you didnt eat bread or cake one day. The flour used in those goods been milled a long ass time ago, and then the product sat in a warehouse for a long time, then it sat on the shelf at the store before it reached you. Joel couldnt have missed the infection because he forgot to buy a cake.

The mold would need to already be in the wheat worldwide, then all of a sudden something caused it all to mutate at once and communicate with each other.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I don’t like the whole hive mind shyt they created. But I guess they had to find a way for this shyt to take over so fast without the spore angle.

It also makes you have so suspend too much belief anytime they enter an area. Can’t kill any infected just laying around, hell you really can’t even walk without stepping on that shyt. It’s just unnecessary, all because they didn’t want to do masks.

I know the hive mind has been done but this reminded me of Stranger Things 3. The tendril kiss is equivalent to the Mind Flayer arm / tentacle kiss, just less forceful. That Mind Flayer shyt was aggressive as fukk.

Screenshot-20230123-164538.png

Screenshot-20230123-165708.png

The demodogs were all part of the hive mind. When they got burned, others came running. There were roots growing underground in tunnels beneath Hawkins. Tess mentions the fungi doing the same shyt to Ellie.

The Mormont kid looks like a product of incest. :jbhmm:

So you saying Lady Mormont is actually Lady Targaryen :ohhh: