'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
🧢

I specifically said through 2 episodes. Across the board, people and critics are liking TLOU more. It took longer for HotD to really make people care like they did the OG GoT. Just look at the discussion thread on here.

And just pull up the review comparisons for the first 2 episodes of both series. IMDB, the people rated the pilot for HotD at 8.7 vs TLOU's 9.2 the 2nd episdoe for HotD is 8.3 vs TLOU's 9.4

So really maybe in YOUR opinion it's better, but the majority of professional reviews, critics and just general viewers are connecting and liking this more. AND we can say that it was a given that TLOU would have been this successful or a homerun coming in, because you had the gaming snobs that would be highly critical and try and pick it a part, and you had to go against genre fatigue as well.

TL:DR
Through 2 episodes, it's better than HotD quality wise in every metric that's out there.
Facts. We not gonna go act like a lot dudes weren't ready to throw HoTD in the bushes after the first couple of episodes. :mjlol:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Quick theory

Does anybody think that whole kiss thing might imply that the infected are sentient and have their own kind of community? Like on a level past simply instincts.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps

Even though I played and beat the game I hope there's a scene that gives me this level of anxiety.

Probably won't happen since I know how everything plays out, but that scene from Army of The Dead really did it for me.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX

Even though I played and beat the game I hope there's a scene that gives me this level of anxiety.

Probably won't happen since I know how everything plays out, but that scene from Army of The Dead really did it for me.

that was a great fukking scene. that chick was gangster as fukk.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
EDIT: I’m a gamer but still, here’s my opinion lol

First episode on first viewing was a 8/10 for me. Second viewing it went up to an 8.5/10

This second episode is a 6.9-7 out of 10. Don’t see how anyone could rate it a 9, or a 10.

I know this show isn’t Walking Dead. But if you wiped my mind, of that series, and both TLOU games. Then had me blindly watch both shows’ first 2 episodes back to back. I KNOW I would say the production is way better on TLOU, but TWD has the better start. I would continue to watch TWD if I had to drop one of the 2. I know I’m in the minority but season 1 of TWD is a 10/10 for me. TLOU so far definitely isn’t perfect. Dare I say a tad bit overrated. I have a theory that fans, and critics are on the same page (for once) and WANT the show to be successful regardless. So they’re not going to keep it completely 100 on whether it’s actually good or not because if it’s successful. In their minds It could start a whole new era of good video game adaptations.

So if the episode is good, they’re going to say it’s great, or maybe even a masterpiece. At the same time I see a some people watching the show with a magnifying glass. Practically looking for reasons to shyt on the show. I’m talking every little thing is a problem to them. Shyt is weirdo mentality to me. Their expectations for this show is ridiculous since they played the game. Probably even worse since it’s getting so much praise so far. Overall I’m not blown away. Not disappointed either. Like a previous poster said. Station Eleven lowkey had a better pilot.

I know it’s hypocritical based on what I just said about expectations. But I do expect this show to be arguably better than TWD in the long run. We’re only 2 episodes in right now. This is only the beginning. Even after this season wraps. There’s still a long way to go. Plenty more story to unfold.

The problem with the show is that the concept is not unique in the tv medium.

It doesn't help that it looks similar to the Walking Dead which is still a fairly recent big show.

So far I would say it's a 6 out of 10.

Decent watch, nothing really special yet.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
For me personally I enjoyed the Indonesia segment the most. I liked the realistic doomsday vibes.

I wasn't the biggest fan on how they handled Tess if I'm being honest. Felt like it was more emotional and tragic in the games (had better dialogue and subtleness).

It also felt like the clicker encounter was missing something as well. I can't put my finger on it.

Still overall watchable, but all in all I would say the first episode was definitely stronger. For me personally

They needed to visually show how dangerous the clickers are prior Joel and the group encountering them with some onscreen kills.

You knew how dangerous the clickers are in the game because it's an auto death if they get to you.

The show has not established that.

Plus Joel here has an assault rifle, he could have easily blown them away from the very start like he does at the end. In the game you barely had ammo, so had to sneak up on them/around them.