'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
how is it unrealistic if it’s based on something that’s never happened to humans? To me it was placing the stakes at as high as it could get and follows the first episode perfectly. The disease spread within that small Texas town and city for a few hours and before sunrise the military was stepping in, planes were crashing, and people were turning rapidly.
Hell I just compare it to the start of Covid. When those first cases popped up and half the talk was isolate those people while others were like it's not that bad. Then it just kept spreading and spreading and you still have people denying it is a thing. I can totally imagine a scientist being freaked out and saying just bomb it cause there won't be no stopping it without drastic measures.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mannnn this production design is insane. I wouldn't trust Netflix or anyone else one bit with it.
It's been solid imo. It feels like they are lighting the scenes as close to how the game did it.

It's nailing the game aesthetic in the design, I liked it overall better in the 2nd episode. I still feel like more natural light would pull viewers in even more. It looks like real people within a game world to me if that makes sense

shonuff

All Star
Daps
I found the “bomb everything” comment a bit…over the top.
:comeon:
Like, OK we just found out about this shyt can we explore other options first? Can we confer with other infectious disease experts in other countries? I get they wanted to emphasize the seriousness but it just came off as way over the top and unrealistic.

:snooze:
it actually isnt -

she knew that if it was arising now it means it was much more widespread than they already knew - people were infected with the spores and likely were walking around for a while and they couldnt account for 14 of the people -

a bite on the leg or lower extremity means that whoever that person came into contact with bit them almost a day or maybe even two days before....that would mean that depending on that one biter you could have resonably another 10 victims that if they were bitten were about to turn from the fungus that you didnt know anything about....

now multiply that one by 14 other people who they cant account for you wind up with about 1400potential infectors that will double every 6 to 8 hours ....that means youre looking at 28,000 then something like over a 100,000 within less than two days.,..

do the math its works out - you arent rounding up 28,000 instantly - and those you dont get are making more during the time you arent grabbing them

and thats not even considering the people that are getting infected from the grain /flour ....

shonuff

All Star
Daps
The walking dead loss me fr when they stopped looking for a cure. I finished the show tho.
why would they be looking for a cure?? the best scientists in the world couldnt figure it out WHAT made the dead rise - at all - ...there was no affrimation that there was a cure at at all....

and if youre in a day to day struggle JUST to feed and clothe yourself ( and not get killed by other people that are ALIVE let alone the undead ) how could someone devote time to "looking" for a "Cure" ???

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I found the “bomb everything” comment a bit…over the top.
:comeon:
Like, OK we just found out about this shyt can we explore other options first? Can we confer with other infectious disease experts in other countries? I get they wanted to emphasize the seriousness but it just came off as way over the top and unrealistic.

:snooze:

:russ::mjlol: breh watched covid spread with medicines, treatments and a vaccine still talking about ... ""? what actually?

what's your solution breh?

xrXBV5y.png

best believe in a real world scenario of "bomb" vs. "losing the planet" the would bomb away and justify it later.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
why would they be looking for a cure?? the best scientists in the world couldnt figure it out WHAT made the dead rise - at all - ...there was no affrimation that there was a cure at at all....

and if youre in a day to day struggle JUST to feed and clothe yourself ( and not get killed by other people that are ALIVE let alone the undead ) how could someone devote time to "looking" for a "Cure" ???
Cause that shyt can only last so long. How many times can you play the same situation out? Creating a settlement, getting it destroyed and then finally defeating that group.

They did that about 10 times

Dude wasn’t the only scientist in the world homie. Figuring out where the shyt came from and trying to find someone who can be fight or woulda been a better story after 11 seasons of building settlements and getting it destroyed.

Even finding some scientists and helping them. Anything other then same shyt over and over.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Woah woah woah lol

Hod >>>>
🧢

I specifically said through 2 episodes. Across the board, people and critics are liking TLOU more. It took longer for HotD to really make people care like they did the OG GoT. Just look at the discussion thread on here.

And just pull up the review comparisons for the first 2 episodes of both series. IMDB, the people rated the pilot for HotD at 8.7 vs TLOU's 9.2 the 2nd episdoe for HotD is 8.3 vs TLOU's 9.4

So really maybe in YOUR opinion it's better, but the majority of professional reviews, critics and just general viewers are connecting and liking this more. AND we can say that it was a given that TLOU would have been this successful or a homerun coming in, because you had the gaming snobs that would be highly critical and try and pick it a part, and you had to go against genre fatigue as well.

TL:DR
Through 2 episodes, it's better than HotD quality wise in every metric that's out there.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cause that shyt can only last so long. How many times can you play the same situation out? Creating a settlement, getting it destroyed and then finally defeating that group.

Dude wasn’t the only scientist in the world homie. Figuring out where the shyt came from and trying to find someone who can be fight or woulda been a better story after 11 seasons of building settlements and getting it destroyed.

Even finding some scientists and helping them. Anything other then same shyt over and over.
Reading this just validates that I made the right decision ditching that show after 4 or 5 season
:lolbron:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Plus the added benefit of no incest and shyt.
TLOU is already in stride in terms of pacing and the story it's laying down... in 2 episodes. And this is coming from someone who's beaten the game. Imagine people completely new to this story.

House of the Dragon took much longer to find it's groove, it's not even close.

shonuff

All Star
Daps

again just countering your issue with what the characters in the show are/were doing - a cop and some former office workers and delivery people and mail room guys expending the effort to "look" for a cure? that makes no sense...

and yeh it was one scientist that was JUST a average scientist- he even said his wife was the genius about her field of medicine and she was in a room with a bunch of other scientific geniuses and THEY couldnt figure what made the dead rise .....( and mind you its intentionally done that way since in Romeros vision about the dead he never wanted there to be an "explanation" about why they rose - the fact was they were up and walking around - his story ( stories ) were about what the living people would do when faced with a collapse of everything they know socially )

even the smartest scientist cant really do ANY kind of research especialy if theres no computers or other scientists or facilities to research and test or hell even if he actually DOES find out why the dead rise it doesnt mean there is an actual way to figure out how to make people ( the living ones ) not turn ....or that a cure could be made en masse to inncoculate people ( and you see now how resistant people are to getting innoculated in our CIVILIZED world )

looking for a cure would be silly - and unfortunately what occured with the show is really what would kinda occur with people - it would be tribalism and building and possibly dealing with collapses brought on from other people ...

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
it actually isnt -

she knew that if it was arising now it means it was much more widespread than they already knew - people were infected with the spores and likely were walking around for a while and they couldnt account for 14 of the people -

a bite on the leg or lower extremity means that whoever that person came into contact with bit them almost a day or maybe even two days before....that would mean that depending on that one biter you could have resonably another 10 victims that if they were bitten were about to turn from the fungus that you didnt know anything about....

now multiply that one by 14 other people who they cant account for you wind up with about 1400potential infectors that will double every 6 to 8 hours ....that means youre looking at 28,000 then something like over a 100,000 within less than two days.,..

do the math its works out - you arent rounding up 28,000 instantly - and those you dont get are making more during the time you arent grabbing them

and thats not even considering the people that are getting infected from the grain /flour ....
Not to mention it happened at a flour mill. That flour still was being shipped across the country and possibly globe