'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I found the “bomb everything” comment a bit…over the top.
:comeon:
Like, OK we just found out about this shyt can we explore other options first? Can we confer with other infectious disease experts in other countries? I get they wanted to emphasize the seriousness but it just came off as way over the top and unrealistic.

:snooze:
But she was right :gucci:

Within 2 DAYS of her making that statement, 14 people cause the entire Earth to fall to the fungus... There wasn't anything they could do in the 1960s during Batiatus speech.. Even the other doc just put his head down.. 40 years later they still have nothing.. Hell it's 2023, WE don't even have anything that can really fukk with fungal infections. We can't even cure athlete's foot :damn:

I'm not even sure bombing would work, as they went over that with Joel.. They tried to bomb cities and sometimes it slowed it, sometimes it didn't, but as we can see... even that doesn't work

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's

Within 2 DAYS of her making that statement, 14 people cause the entire Earth to fall to the fungus... There wasn't anything they could do in the 1960s during Batiatus speech.. Even the other doc just put his head down.. 40 years later they still have nothing.. Hell it's 2023, WE don't even have anything that can really fukk with fungal infections. We can't even cure athlete's foot :damn:

I'm not even sure bombing would work, as they went over that with Joel.. They tried to bomb cities and sometimes it slowed it, sometimes it didn't, but as we can see... even that doesn't work
Fukk, I forgot it happened that quick..

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
honest question for the non-gamers - are you blown away so far, or does this just feel like derivative stuff? i'm in the middle.
I'm enjoying it so far :ehh: The tension is very high and the clicker design is really cool, glad it was practical effects. I like the pre-pandemic scenes, they really build on how much was at stake if they couldn't contain it which spoiler, they didn't.

I think you can only find it derivative if you watched every Apocalyptic show around the time of TWD then you may see some similar beats even if it's based off of a video game.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

14 turns into 28 if even one person infects another. 28-56-112-224-448 etc give that a few hours and a city could be cooked

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Look how we as a society handled covid. People are selfish and narcissistic. It's not surprising that shyt happened seeing similar stuff play out in real life :francis:
I feel like the show was saying Covid was a warning shot, fukk around if you want when some real shyt comes and things could end up like this.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I found the “bomb everything” comment a bit…over the top.
:comeon:
Like, OK we just found out about this shyt can we explore other options first? Can we confer with other infectious disease experts in other countries? I get they wanted to emphasize the seriousness but it just came off as way over the top and unrealistic.

:snooze:
That’s the same thing the scientist said in the 60s during the cold open, that there’s no cure for it at all.