'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a theory that fans, and critics are on the same page (for once) and WANT the show to be successful regardless. So they’re not going to keep it completely 100 on whether it’s actually good or not because if it’s successful. In their minds It could start a whole new era of good video game adaptations.
:russell:

Games have been geeting good and/or successful adaptations for years now. Castlevania, Witcher (book, but still), Sonic, Arcane.

sometimes people just like some shyt because the shyt is good :yeshrug:

This is an IP with +37M cumulative sales by the way. The notion that people think it's good because they "want it to be successful" is comical when posited against the notion that perhaps it is successful because people actually think it's good and that's WHY it is successful. I mean, look at the existing evidence.

The show is true to form when compared to the game so the reasoning translates

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
\
I took it as she was the resident fungus expert so once she saw wtf was going on she knew it was up for everyone. No cure, no vaccine, no way to stop it and its spreading uncontrolled at this point. No need to consult with anyone else because she's the best resource they have. And she might know that by the time you have meetings about it, it will spread all over the country.

The bomb comment was just her expressing that it was hopeless to try and contain it.
that broad was like 60yrs old, been studying that type of fungus for like 30yrs or some shyt. if she say "blow it all the fukk up" i dont find it over the top. this is why i'm glad covid was "mild" or not real or whatever the fukk people wanna say. cuz if it was aggressive, we got too many people either not believing, or trying to be some kind of contrarian.. we'd all be fukked :russ:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great ep, I’m fine with the tendrils replacing spores, it’s even more terrifying/gross and it’s more practical on the filming side if things, but I don’t think I’m sold yet on this whole new “hive mind” angle they have given the infected, they are incredibly dangerous without that, seems kinda unnecessary

With that said everything so far has been steller, my only concern is 9 episodes not being enough to give some of the story beats time to grow enough to the point they have the same weight as they have in the game, the pacing is working well atm, they have covered alot in only 2 eps without it feeling rushed, but at this rate I see us spending only 1 episode with Redacted & Redacted. It looks like next weeks Ep is solely based on Bills Town, and I see The Episode that shows Ellie & Riley having the same Structure as the DLC, where it jumps back and forward in time, so that’ll be an entire Ep by itself too

Last edited:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Great ep, I’m fine with the tendrils replacing spores, it’s even more terrifying/gross and it’s more practical on the filming side if things, but I don’t think I’m sold yet on this whole new “hive mind” angle they have given the infected, they are incredibly dangerous without that, seems kinda unnecessary

With that said everything so far has been steller, my only concern is 9 episodes not being enough to give some of the story beats time to grow enough to the point they have the same weight as they have in the game, the pacing is working well atm, they have covered alot in only 2 eps without it feeling rushed, but at this rate I see us spending only 1 episode with Redacted & Redacted
I think the hive mind aspect gives them all a reason to stay so close proximity and together and why they welcomed/embraced Tess before the explosion. Where as in like walking dead hordes just be together because…why? At least here it makes sense why they would be together because essentially the same thing has taken over their bodies and minds

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the hive mind aspect gives them all a reason to stay so close proximity and together and why they welcomed/embraced Tess before the explosion. Where as in like walking dead hordes just be together because…why? At least here it makes sense why they would be together because essentially the same thing has taken over their bodies and minds
That’s a good point, they tried to set it up early in TWD that they traveled as a herd due to their mindless nature of being attracted to movement and sound, but it was clear as the show went on that this was just a lazy plot device to have the cast facing huge herds to give the feeling of a bit of danger since they’d been handling small groups by themselves since season 2 lol