'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yeah, I was surprised about that scene with Ellie joking about being a bougie customer about to be booked in your typical fancy hotel
if my memory is correct that scene came much later on in the game - when it was just her & Joel - Tess was long gone
I think it is mimicking what the game does; trying to show Joel and the viewer/gamer how much Elle doesn’t know that Joel was alive for before things turned bad. It endears her to him and connects them like raising his own daughter did. Joel finds Elle when he has absolutely no hope. No expectations. Just survival for himself and his brother but now? He has a defenseless girl who he’s forced to take care of that he has to learn and is forced to love like his own daughter. Remember his daughter didn’t die because of zombies or nothing like that. She died because the solider was given orders to kill them both just in case. The game and show is all about the choices you make and the situations that those choices bring you towards.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yeah, I was surprised about that scene with Ellie joking about being a bougie customer about to be booked in your typical fancy hotel
if my memory is correct that scene came much later on in the game - when it was just her & Joel - Tess was long gone

Yeah, it happens in Pittsburgh not Boston

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
how is it unrealistic if it’s based on something that’s never happened to humans?
The question answers itself. If it has never happened to humans, the immediate answer isn’t to just throw up our hands and say “we give up”.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The question answers itself. If it has never happened to humans, the immediate answer isn’t to just throw up out hand and say “we give up”.

I agree that her recommended solution was over the top…granted I’m assuming the indonesian government didn’t immediately enact that plan…although we do learn at some point that even our government eventually did end up bombing several cities to try and contain it

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
EDIT: I’m a gamer but still, here’s my opinion lol

First episode on first viewing was a 8/10 for me. Second viewing it went up to an 8.5/10

This second episode is a 6.9-7 out of 10. Don’t see how anyone could rate it a 9, or a 10.

I know this show isn’t Walking Dead. But if you wiped my mind, of that series, and both TLOU games. Then had me blindly watch both shows’ first 2 episodes back to back. I KNOW I would say the production is way better on TLOU, but TWD has the better start. I would continue to watch TWD if I had to drop one of the 2. I know I’m in the minority but season 1 of TWD is a 10/10 for me. TLOU so far definitely isn’t perfect. Dare I say a tad bit overrated. I have a theory that fans, and critics are on the same page (for once) and WANT the show to be successful regardless. So they’re not going to keep it completely 100 on whether it’s actually good or not because if it’s successful. In their minds It could start a whole new era of good video game adaptations.

So if the episode is good, they’re going to say it’s great, or maybe even a masterpiece. At the same time I see a some people watching the show with a magnifying glass. Practically looking for reasons to shyt on the show. I’m talking every little thing is a problem to them. Shyt is weirdo mentality to me. Their expectations for this show is ridiculous since they played the game. Probably even worse since it’s getting so much praise so far. Overall I’m not blown away. Not disappointed either. Like a previous poster said. Station Eleven lowkey had a better pilot.

I know it’s hypocritical based on what I just said about expectations. But I do expect this show to be arguably better than TWD in the long run. We’re only 2 episodes in right now. This is only the beginning. Even after this season wraps. There’s still a long way to go. Plenty more story to unfold.

Right, the first episode of the Walking dead is GOAT level television.

Maybe one of the best pilots that I've ever seen.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Imagine how rare a chicken sandwich must be in that world? :whew:

People were already acting like infected when the Popeyes chicken sandwich came out
The dark irony of them dry ass Popeyes biscuits setting off the apocalypse in the hood :mjcry:

nikkas was choking and people just thought it was the dryness :mjcry: until it was too late :mjcry:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I found the “bomb everything” comment a bit…over the top.
:comeon:
Like, OK we just found out about this shyt can we explore other options first? Can we confer with other infectious disease experts in other countries? I get they wanted to emphasize the seriousness but it just came off as way over the top and unrealistic.

:snooze:
By the time you have your zoom conference, the shiet will be all over the island, some of them Indonesia ln islands are pretty big but still

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All I've ever seen is the walking dead pilot and had no desire to see any other episodes

I stuck with it only bcuz I felt it had the potential to be a top 5 show IF they stuck closely to the source material…it would’ve taken chances that not too many other shows on television took at the time…but by the end of S2, I had all but given up on the television series…anyway I don’t want to get in a serious TLOU vs TWD debate with posters…folks are respectfully entitled to their opinion…but it really does make me sick knowing how great that series could’ve been

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
The walking dead pilot was nuts tho.

The show ended up not living up to the hype cause the og director got fired.

But the premise of the walking dead is a little more enticing then last of us.

But I expect they show to be better. Amc didn’t have the budget for what walking dead needed tbh.