'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The question answers itself. If it has never happened to humans, the immediate answer isn’t to just throw up our hands and say “we give up”.
It hasn’t happened to humans but in every aspect that it does happen including ants (great video on how they infect and conquer actual ants irl) shows how fire the situation COULD and would be if it was spread the way it’s implied in the show and how most intellectuals realize how futile attempts at trying to cure or fix this would be.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I agree that her recommended solution was over the top…granted I’m assuming the indonesian government didn’t immediately enact that plan…although we do learn at some point that even our government eventually did end up bombing several cities to try and contain it
shyt she saw shook her and she probably figured if it was happening in Indonesia then it was happening elsewhere also.

Hell in the game universe the shyt 1st showed up in south america awhile before it hit the usa.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
had to watch episode 2 later on in the night on HBO Max - after the games
I have to admit this is one hell of a series … dope shyt
unfortunately that they put this out during the NFL playoffs because this should be the talk of the town

attempt to compete with the NFL playoffs - breh :snoop:

It’s the steaming era. I doubt they’re trying to compete. No one watches scheduled TV anymore :heh:

Last edited:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Naughty Dog
@Naughty_Dog
UNCHARTED fans: Did Tess's lighter from last night's episode of #TheLastOfUs look familiar? 👀 It was modeled after Sam Drake's lighter from UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End!
FnKztsiX0AAxG0K

11:00 AM · Jan 23, 2023

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man thats the part where i died 20 times :mjlol: :mjlol: I got straight flashbacks at the first time i met the clickers.

:francis::skip:

A nikka was questioning his gaming skills that night :mjcry:

Watching the show saying throw a bottle :damn:

You aint lying that first clicker had me crouching down holding R1 for about 20 mins scared to make a move.

"aight when it turns around its a wrap.....Im gonna rush that bytch" :demonic:

*clicker turns round*

"aight maybe next time it turns around....!" :lupe:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The question answers itself. If it has never happened to humans, the immediate answer isn’t to just throw up our hands and say “we give up”.
I took it as she was the resident fungus expert so once she saw wtf was going on she knew it was up for everyone. No cure, no vaccine, no way to stop it and its spreading uncontrolled at this point. No need to consult with anyone else because she's the best resource they have. And she might know that by the time you have meetings about it, it will spread all over the country.

The bomb comment was just her expressing that it was hopeless to try and contain it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt she saw shook her and she probably figured if it was happening in Indonesia then it was happening elsewhere also.

Hell in the game universe the shyt 1st showed up in south america awhile before it hit the usa.
The cold opening for the first episode had an expert tell people that in the future, there's a chance that we see some shyt that when it hits, will destroy the world, he described how dangerous fungus is and that it couldn't be beat.

I don't think it's out of the question for an expert in any field to see some shyt that makes them go "We had a nice run, let me chill with my kids before y'all do what needs to be done and burn this motherfukker down:hubie:"