'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've played the game like 5 different times and I have no clue what happens that early to illicit such an episode.

It can't be Tess dying right? People really cared about that character?
It involves Bulls Town

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
turns out i prefer the stuff added to the show over the actual game lore. the cold opens have been excellent, and the outbreak stuff was good (if not redundant to a bunch of other things) but once it gets to the current timeline, i'm just, "oh, so it's gonna be this?" gamers going insane lead me to believe we're gonna get something fresh and exciting, so i'll just trust them.

I prefered the Station Eleven pilot also
The cold opens, for me as someone that played the games, has been incredible. The scientist conveying how there isn no cure no medicine and nothing anyone can do but bomb the entire city all because they couldn’t find 14 people is a PERFECT way to set up how you even get to this world as it is now

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
had to watch episode 2 later on in the night on HBO Max - after the games
I have to admit this is one hell of a series … dope shyt
unfortunately that they put this out during the NFL playoffs because this should be the talk of the town

attempt to compete with the NFL playoffs - breh :snoop:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I found the “bomb everything” comment a bit…over the top.
:comeon:
Like, OK we just found out about this shyt can we explore other options first? Can we confer with other infectious disease experts in other countries? I get they wanted to emphasize the seriousness but it just came off as way over the top and unrealistic.

:snooze:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I found the “bomb everything” comment a bit…over the top.
:comeon:
Like, OK we just found out about this shyt can we explore other options first? Can we confer with other infectious disease experts in other countries? I get they wanted to emphasize the seriousness but it just came off as way over the top and unrealistic.

:snooze:
how is it unrealistic if it’s based on something that’s never happened to humans? To me it was placing the stakes at as high as it could get and follows the first episode perfectly. The disease spread within that small Texas town and city for a few hours and before sunrise the military was stepping in, planes were crashing, and people were turning rapidly.